ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Flr fp extension advice

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Osas1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Flr fp extension advice

Post by Osas1 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:51 am

Hi all, i was an overstayer, i was granted first 2.5yrs based on patner route frlfp, mother of a British children and patner of a British citizen, I tick parent route but the gave me patner route, my husband earns more than 25k before my first application. My question is I'm due for renewal first week of January, we are both legally married now, and he still earns up to 28k a year, i other hand earns £19500 per yr, can I switch from the 10 year patner route to 5 years route to shorten my time to ilr, if yes what are the requirements. And what form I'm to fill. Hoping to receive a reply. Thanks for your time.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Flr fp extension advice

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:58 am

Osas1 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:51 am
can I switch from the 10 year patner route to 5 years route to shorten my time to ilr, if yes what are the requirements. And what form I'm to fill. Hoping to receive a reply. Thanks for your time.
Yes but with another new ILR clock because your previously spent period of 2.5 wont be counted under 5 years of route to ILR. Read about 5 years route at below:

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... form-flr-m
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Osas1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Osas1 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:15 am

Thanks for your reply, should I fill the flr fp form or flr fm now that I want to switch to 5 yr route.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:26 am

Osas1 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:15 am
flr fm now that I want to switch to 5 yr route.
Anytime whenever you will have the all required documents but strictly before the expiry of your current visa.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.