ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time Frame to enter the UK (Child) Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

leanne_019
Newly Registered
Australia

Australian Born Child of UK Citizen (by descent)

Post by leanne_019 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:59 am

Hi

I have consent to take my 11 year old Australian born son to move to the UK with me next year. We are currently living in Brisbane and intend on moving to the UK to reside with my British partner. I have UK Citizenship by descent. I cannot work out what visa to get for my son. He will need to attend school shortly after we arrive so cannot stay on a visitor visa as far as I'm aware. Does anyone know what visa he will need? Will I have to have the $18600 income or savings in order to move my son to the UK with me? Or could my partner (not my son's father) be a sponsor for my child as he is already living and working in the UK?
I am so confused.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Australian Born Child of UK Citizen (by descent)

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:02 am

Does anyone know what visa he will need?
Child settlement visa : https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/child
Note you will have to prove sole responsibility to HO. If you need consent from the father, HO might take the view that you do not have sole responsibility : immigration-for-family-members/sole-res ... 13087.html
Will I have to have the $18600 income or savings in order to move my son to the UK with me? Or could my partner (not my son's father) be a sponsor for my child as he is already living and working in the UK?
You can sponsor, the link above for the visa and Appendix 1 explains what you need to show evidence of.

Have you ever lived in the UK and if yes, when and for how long?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

leanne_019
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by leanne_019 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:56 am

Hi, and thanks for your response.

Yes I have lived in the UK from May 1991 - October1992 and then from April 1994- December1995.

The Consent Orders in Australia will not state that the Father gives consent for my son to reside in the UK. It will state that I have Sole Parental Responsibility. It will state that the Father will be able to communicate with our son. Who are HO?

Do I need to satisfy the $18600 income component?

Thanks so much

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:03 pm

Who are HO?
Home Office.

Please read through Appendix 1 which is linked in the first visa link I provided. It explains what you need to prove in terms of finance and/or adequate maintenance and accommodation : https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ix-1-vaf4a
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

leanne_019
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by leanne_019 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:20 pm

Hi

Thanks. I do not have a job to come to in the UK, but I have a house here in Australia. Would the equity plus the savings I will bring to the UK and leave here in Australia be enough to suffice the financial component? I will be working eventually once my son is settled at school.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:22 pm

Your child will likely be granted Indefinite Leave to Enter, which is the equivalent of permanent residence.

You need to prove you have sufficient funds to support yourself and adequate accommodation in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

leanne_019
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by leanne_019 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:52 pm

Hi

Sorry just one last question to clarify. When I apply for the Child Settlement Visa is that when he will most likely receive the Indefinite Leave to Enter? I will have plenty of savings easily accessible that I can show will cover all our settlement costs and my partner is arranging a house for us to rent before we arrive so he will have the address to provide. Thank you so much for helping me it's been a very stressful process so far.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:54 pm

When I apply for the Child Settlement Visa is that when he will most likely receive the Indefinite Leave to Enter?
Highly likely yes.

Pity you hadn't lived in the UK for 3 years continuously previously before the birth as you would then have been able to register the child as British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

leanne_019
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by leanne_019 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:49 am

Thank you that's been great information.

usasunshine23
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by usasunshine23 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:35 am

leanne_019 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:59 am
Hi

I have consent to take my 11 year old Australian born son to move to the UK with me next year. We are currently living in Brisbane and intend on moving to the UK to reside with my British partner. I have UK Citizenship by descent. I cannot work out what visa to get for my son. He will need to attend school shortly after we arrive so cannot stay on a visitor visa as far as I'm aware. Does anyone know what visa he will need? Will I have to have the $18600 income or savings in order to move my son to the UK with me? Or could my partner (not my son's father) be a sponsor for my child as he is already living and working in the UK?
I am so confused.
Thanks
We are in the same exact situation. We had to apply for Settlement for our son. Once we live in the UK for 3 years with an approved settlement visa he will be British. This is what an immigration lawyer told us.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:51 am

usasunshine23 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:35 am
leanne_019 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:59 am
Hi

I am so confused.
Thanks
We are in the same exact situation. We had to apply for Settlement for our son. Once we live in the UK for 3 years with an approved settlement visa he will be British. This is what an immigration lawyer told us.
He will not automatically 'be British' after living in the UK for 3 years. If this is what you have been told, someone is telling you a serious bunch of nonsense.

The child can be REGISTERED as British under Section 3(5) of the British Nationality Act, costing £1023.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

leanne_019
Newly Registered
Australia

Time Frame to enter the UK (Child) Visa

Post by leanne_019 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:18 am

Hi

I am a British Citizen (by descent) and will be bringing my non UK/EU citizen child to live in the UK. I was told that after my child gets granted his visa he has 30 days to enter the UK. What happens if we cannot move to the UK within the 30 days? What is the way to apply for an extension on the 30 days?
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Time Frame to enter the UK (Child) Visa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:33 am

You apply for a new 30 days vignette, costs about £200.

Did you not state an intended date of travel in the form?
Char (CR001 not Casa)