ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian salary + UK allowance (applying from within UK)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

maybe
Newly Registered

Indian salary + UK allowance (applying from within UK)

Post by maybe » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:51 pm

Hi,

I am currently on a work permit in UK. I came to UK 3 months back. When working in UK, my company gives Indian salary and a fixed monthly UK living allowance.

While applying for Tier1 visa, Can I show both, my Indian salary and the UK allowance for these 3 months to claim points for "Previous Earnings"?

Thanks,

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:38 pm

Yes you can, but you cannot apply an uplift of 5.3 to Indian salary earned while you were in uk.

Also read Tier 1 policy guidance notes for knowing what type of allowances are eligible to be included in "past earnings" and which allowances are not.

SidSamuels

Post by SidSamuels » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:15 pm

Yes you can, but you cannot apply an uplift of 5.3 to Indian salary earned while you were in uk.
Could you please elaborate on the uplift (or guide me to particular online link where I can read more)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:34 pm

SidSamuels wrote:
Could you please elaborate on the uplift (or guide me to particular online link where I can read more)
Read Tier 1 policy guidance. And search the forum for information already available on how/when uplift factor is to be used (or not to be used).

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!