ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2: Got the HO letter, waiting for BRP, can't prove my right to work through gov.uk

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ds2016
United Kingdom

Tier 2: Got the HO letter, waiting for BRP, can't prove my right to work through gov.uk

Post by ds2016 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:04 pm

Hi everyone,

Like many others on this forum I am experiencing a delay with my BRP card delivery - received the approval email from HO Atlas more than a week ago but have never heard from DX.

However I could also see in other threads that others could at least see their status updated by entering their old BRP details to:
https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work

In my case it still shows that I can work in the UK up until the end of this year, so it hasn't been updated in their system.

Is this something to worry about? Does this mean that there most likely is an issue with my application on the Home Office side?

Thanks!

ds2016
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2: Got the HO letter, waiting for BRP, can't prove my right to work through gov.uk

Post by ds2016 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:43 pm

Funnily enough I received my BRP just a few hours after I wrote the above.

However as I entered the details on https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work it said there are no records matching my BRP number so I still feel a bit worried.

Also just wanted to say that contrary to what I've seen on this forum, in my case DX delivery:
  1. Did NOT notify me in advance about the date of delivery with an email / SMS
  2. Did NOT require me to sign the delivery, in fact they just left the envelope with the concierge...

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Tier 2: Got the HO letter, waiting for BRP, can't prove my right to work through gov.uk

Post by lolo2 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:22 pm

Well, I had a similar situation: I was unable to prove my right to work in the UK when my first BRP arrived.

The funny thing is that some days later, I received another envelope with a new BRP and also a new BRP number. I emailed the HO about this and they replied that my first document was not valid and I had to return it by post.

Regarding the service of DX delivery, their employee left the letter with my BRP notice on the floor of a communal hallway in a very busy block of flats. Fortunately a good Samaritan found the envelope and put it in the notice board, after many people step on the letter in a rainy day.

The DX delivery man never called at the door phone or something. That was awful.