ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FP vs Code 1A Stamp Guidance Please!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Richie85
Newly Registered
Canada

EEA FP vs Code 1A Stamp Guidance Please!

Post by Richie85 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:44 am

Hello everyone,

I'm a Canadian citizen and my spouse is a Swedish/British Citizen, she came to the UK as a Swede and after 10 years in the UK she became a British citizen. I understand that I qualify under the Lounes route however my question is, should I apply for the EEA FP or try my luck going to a border crossing whether by land or an airport. I haven't seen many people talking about entering the UK with a Code 1A stamp in this forum for a long time, the last post I found was maybe the beginning of this year.

Also I use to live in the UK on a tier 5 working holiday visa and I have a child with my spouse as well too. We just got married last week here in Canada and I'm just waiting for my marriage certificate to come in the mail but I do have a temporary one from the Marriage Commissioner who performed our ceremony. I have a NIN and bank account in the UK as well too. Plus I have already done my biometrics as per my Tier 5 visa I did. Being away from my family has been tough for me.

What would be the best course for someone like me to take?

Any advice and guidance would be much appreciated.

NatCam
Georgia

Re: EEA FP vs Code 1A Stamp Guidance Please!

Post by NatCam » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:58 am

The best course of action for you would be applying for a Family Permit.