ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU family member in the UK for 5 years

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CloudyNow
Turkey

EU family member in the UK for 5 years

Post by CloudyNow » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:47 pm

I've been in the UK for longer than 5 years, but I only got married to an EU citizen last week. Will I get settled status?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: EU family member in the UK for 5 years

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:56 pm

Was this not already answered in your previous topic?? The answer doesn't change.

eea-route-applications/my-fiance-got-se ... l#p1790506
by kamoe » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:59 am
CloudyNow wrote: ↑Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:14 am
What if I prove that our relationship was serious before the marriage as well? He was added to my tenancy agreement in October 2018 (he practically moved into my place even before that but we can't really prove that). Can't I gain at least 1 year by proving our marriage-like relationship started before the wedding? We also opened a joint account and get bills in both names.
Nope.

The only time that counts is time spent legally as family member of a EU national, which can only be achieved by effectively living in the UK while either:

1) Being legally married to a EU national
2) Having a EEA Family Permit or a EEA Residence Card.

I am assuming that during the time you lived together you had a Tier 2 visa, which is neither of the above.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kmoney1
United Kingdom

Re: EU family member in the UK for 5 years

Post by Kmoney1 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:22 pm

Your dependency as a family member of eu start from last week..u start counting from now till 5years mate.