ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mikekally
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by Mikekally » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:02 pm

emlyn wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:33 am
Mikekally wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:32 am
Got my email yesterday (30th Oct 2019) to notify that my application will be approved soon and to confirm my address. My application was received by them on 30th Jan 2019. Soooooon
Congratulations!

Out of interest, is that receieved date at an Embassy (e.g. London) or in Ireland (i.e. with DFA at Balbriggan)?

My application was received at the London Embassy mid-January and received at Balbriggan late February, so potentially we are time-similar cases.
@emlyn that's an application from within Ireland direct to Balbriggan (living here for years)

LesMalouinettes
Mood:
France

Post by LesMalouinettes » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:35 am

Update!

Logged into the passport tracker on the 31st, it said my passport was being printed. Logged in early this morning, it's been dispatched! I only sent my application on October 15th so that is lighting fast processing time and well before their estimate of November 28th.

Very impressive!

emlyn
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by emlyn » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:57 pm

Mikekally wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:02 pm
emlyn wrote:
Mikekally wrote:
Got my email yesterday (30th Oct 2019) to notify that my application will be approved soon and to confirm my address. My application was received by them on 30th Jan 2019. Soooooon
Congratulations!

Out of interest, is that receieved date at an Embassy (e.g. London) or in Ireland (i.e. with DFA at Balbriggan)?

My application was received at the London Embassy mid-January and received at Balbriggan late February, so potentially we are time-similar cases.
@emlyn that's an application from within Ireland direct to Balbriggan (living here for years)
Thanks @Mikekally

Good news for me today! I have just had the confirmation of address email from the DFA, so my timeline as follows:
  • Tue 15th Jan 2019 - Application signed for at London Embassy
  • Mon 25th Feb 2019 - Confirmation from Balbriggan that application received
  • Fri 1st Nov 2019 - Email requesting confirmation of address
So 10½ months overall from London Embassy to the email today.

Does anyone know the approximate timeframe from confirmation of address email to receipt in the post? What happens if you're not there to sign for it? Is there a slip posted through to rearrange delivery so I can make sure I'm at home?

Thanks all.

kmosfet
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by kmosfet » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:58 pm

emlyn wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:57 pm
Mikekally wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:02 pm
emlyn wrote:
Mikekally wrote:
Congratulations!

Thanks @Mikekally

Good news for me today! I have just had the confirmation of address email from the DFA, so my timeline as follows:
  • Tue 15th Jan 2019 - Application signed for at London Embassy
  • Mon 25th Feb 2019 - Confirmation from Balbriggan that application received
  • Fri 1st Nov 2019 - Email requesting confirmation of address
So 10½ months overall from London Embassy to the email today.

Does anyone know the approximate timeframe from confirmation of address email to receipt in the post? What happens if you're not there to sign for it? Is there a slip posted through to rearrange delivery so I can make sure I'm at home?

Thanks all.
So I emailed them about not having anyone there to sign and they said "The letter will be sent registered post. If you are not there they will leave note for you to collect at post office. They usually hold for a couple of days."

Hope that helps.

CaitieElise
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by CaitieElise » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:49 am

Hi everyone,

Here is my timeline for my FBR so far.

09/03/19: sent FBR documents to Ireland from Sydney, Australia.
21/03/19: received application email confirmation.

Just trying to wait patiently now for the FBR confirmation email. I've noticed a few people from January and February 2019 are receiving confirmation of address emails so fingers crossed not too much longer to wait!

Jacqui309
United Kingdom

Post by Jacqui309 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:18 am

My timeline:

Application posted 30/4/18
Email receipt 15/5/18
Email for confirmation of address 1/10/19
And still I wait........

asamp
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by asamp » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:09 am

Hi,

I've used this board for information and help for as long time but never needed to post anything. Really I just wanted to say thank you.

I applied for FBR in the hope that I could pass it on to my (then) unborn daughter. I applied in Jan 2019, baby due in Jun 2019 so 6 months according to the website it should have been just enough time.

Some things others might find useful...

I started to panic around the end of may as I'd not heard anything so I found a number on one of these pages and gave a call. Explained the situation on the phone and was informed that I should have marked the envelope with the application as being time sensitive because of an impending baby. The form said to include information about pregnancy but I'd taken that to mean cover letter which was inside the envelope. As such it'd just been sitting with all the other pending applications, not in any rush.

In that conversation I asked if it was too late to get this processed before the birth, interestingly I was told that in the past they've had applicants in a panic because their partner was in labour and they needed the approval. They've accepted a fax with the information needed and issued the approval the same day.

I also needed evidence of the pregnancy. This was to come in the form of a supporting letter from the midwife, copy of the MATB1, form and I took one of the pages from the hospital scan that had the expected d.o.b. I sent originals and kept copies.

Had an email after that saying I needed a stamp from my witness on something that was missed. Wasn't a big deal, took a couple days to fix.

Shortly after that I get my certificate saying I was an Irish citizen as of the 6th June. I'm elated that I can pass that legacy on to my daughter and thankful for all of the help from the agents processing the application and the information you guys have accumulated on this board.

Sorry my timeline won't give much reassurance to those still waiting unless you're also expecting.

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:51 am

asamp wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:09 am
Hi,

I've used this board for information and help for as long time but never needed to post anything. Really I just wanted to say thank you.

I applied for FBR in the hope that I could pass it on to my (then) unborn daughter. I applied in Jan 2019, baby due in Jun 2019 so 6 months according to the website it should have been just enough time.

Some things others might find useful...

I started to panic around the end of may as I'd not heard anything so I found a number on one of these pages and gave a call. Explained the situation on the phone and was informed that I should have marked the envelope with the application as being time sensitive because of an impending baby. The form said to include information about pregnancy but I'd taken that to mean cover letter which was inside the envelope. As such it'd just been sitting with all the other pending applications, not in any rush.

In that conversation I asked if it was too late to get this processed before the birth, interestingly I was told that in the past they've had applicants in a panic because their partner was in labour and they needed the approval. They've accepted a fax with the information needed and issued the approval the same day.

I also needed evidence of the pregnancy. This was to come in the form of a supporting letter from the midwife, copy of the MATB1, form and I took one of the pages from the hospital scan that had the expected d.o.b. I sent originals and kept copies.

Had an email after that saying I needed a stamp from my witness on something that was missed. Wasn't a big deal, took a couple days to fix.

Shortly after that I get my certificate saying I was an Irish citizen as of the 6th June. I'm elated that I can pass that legacy on to my daughter and thankful for all of the help from the agents processing the application and the information you guys have accumulated on this board.

Sorry my timeline won't give much reassurance to those still waiting unless you're also expecting.
Gald ya daughter made it! Bravo and Congrats!!!--jgclancy everybody loves a happy ending!!!

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:55 am

CaitieElise wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:49 am
Hi everyone,

Here is my timeline for my FBR so far.

09/03/19: sent FBR documents to Ireland from Sydney, Australia.
21/03/19: received application email confirmation.

Just trying to wait patiently now for the FBR confirmation email. I've noticed a few people from January and February 2019 are receiving confirmation of address emails so fingers crossed not too much longer to wait!
I've noticed the slight speed up in processing.I think my theory that there were fewer applications over the holiday months last year plus they seem to have become more proficient means wait times will continue to improve....jgclancy

Luke125SWalker
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Luke125SWalker » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:11 am

LesMalouinettes wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:35 am
Update!

Logged into the passport tracker on the 31st, it said my passport was being printed. Logged in early this morning, it's been dispatched! I only sent my application on October 15th so that is lighting fast processing time and well before their estimate of November 28th.

Very impressive!
I forgot to mention that I got my passport last week (24th), then I went online for the passport card, it was dispatched on the 28th.

Lenny1463
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Lenny1463 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:28 am

Nice to see people from Jan and Feb making process. I also applied online 31st Jan 2019 and posted the next day. Confirmation email that documents arrived in Ireland on 6th Feb 19. Hopefully going by a few other people's timelines I might receive some news soon. Fingers crossed!

Lee2521
Ireland

Post by Lee2521 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:55 am

Lenny1463 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:28 am
Nice to see people from Jan and Feb making process. I also applied online 31st Jan 2019 and posted the next day. Confirmation email that documents arrived in Ireland on 6th Feb 19. Hopefully going by a few other people's timelines I might receive some news soon. Fingers crossed!

Hi Lenny

I applied online 28th December 18 and my application were sent on the 1st Feb 19 and was received in Balbriggan the same day as yours on the 6th Feb.

So I hope we both get some good news in the next few weeks.

Regards

Lee

Lee2521
Ireland

Post by Lee2521 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:27 am

Congrats to Asamp, Also Mikekally and Emlyn becoming Irish citizens.

Congrats to everyone else too receiving their FBR certs and their passports.
Well done Luke receiving your passport last week.

This forum is looking more and more positive now and the Irish foreign office has vastly improved and stepped up its game

KHC7968CZ
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by KHC7968CZ » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:24 pm

Hi All,

I just wanted to post my final timeline here for reference as I am now completely finished with the process;

22 October 2018 - Application and documents delivered to Embassy of Ireland in London.
11 March 2019 - Received an e-mail confirming receipt of documents.
19 September 2019 - Received an e-mail asking me to confirm my address.
8 October 2019 - Received my FBR certificate.
21 October 2019 - Application and documents delivered to passport office in Cork.
31 October 2019 - Received my Irish passport.

I could not believe how quickly my passport application was processed, I had anticipated waiting at least 6 weeks! Best of luck to everyone who is still waiting for responses.

theonlyh
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by theonlyh » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:47 am

Here is my timeline:

FBR sent to London: 5 October 2018
Confirmed receipt: 9 October 2018
Email to confirm address: 25 September 2019
Date added to FBR on certificate: 26 September 2019
Certificate received in post: 4 October 2019
Passport sent via Liverpool Passport express: 31 October 2019

I will update once i have it.......

Master Caution
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Master Caution » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:51 am

Just a quick recap on my Timeline.

26 Aug 2018: Applied online and documents sent to Irish Embassy in Germany.

11 Sept 2018: Request for additional information.

Information sent after gathering 4th/5th November 2018.

Confirmation email received.:28th November 2018

28th August 2019, contacted Balbriggan and was told the hold up was with the Embassy.

September 2nd, contacted the Embassy per email and received a reply stating that there had been delays and my case was with a decision officer and shouldn't expect anything before December.

So far, I'm still waiting and in just over 3 weeks, it'll be 1 year since I received the confirmation email. I think I'm up there with Jacqui as being one of the longest waits on this forum.

MC.

jr15108
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jr15108 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:41 pm

Hi everyone,

I sent my application off on 9th January, and it was received in Dublin on 14th January. I had heard nothing form them until this morning when I got 2 emails. The first was asking for my confirmation of address, and the second was asking for payment for the application processing. However I know I paid as I was submitting my original online application, and I have the bank transfer to confirm it. I have since replied to that email, but I am waiting to hear back. Has anyone else had the same issue? Or have I done something wrong?
many thanks,
Jo

Bridgette
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Bridgette » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:21 pm

Another update!

After receiving an email confirming my address on October 24th, I just called to get an update on timeline. They said my application was approved on October 30th but my certification hasn’t yet been printed. He said it would take about 2-3 weeks, and then gave me a tracking number to track my certification and returned documents. Looks like I’ll be headed to NYC in November/December to apply for my Irish passport at the embassy!

LA8887
United Kingdom

Post by LA8887 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:10 pm

Hi everyone,

I've been tracking things on the forum for a little while to get an idea of how long things will take, as my application went off in April.

My timeline:
Applied online 15/04/2019
Email to say documents received 24/04/2019

I'm currently expecting it to be about a year but it sounds like they might be speeding up a bit, so that's good.

Jacqui309
United Kingdom

Post by Jacqui309 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:52 pm

Master Caution wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:51 am
Just a quick recap on my Timeline.

26 Aug 2018: Applied online and documents sent to Irish Embassy in Germany.

11 Sept 2018: Request for additional information.

Information sent after gathering 4th/5th November 2018.

Confirmation email received.:28th November 2018

28th August 2019, contacted Balbriggan and was told the hold up was with the Embassy.

September 2nd, contacted the Embassy per email and received a reply stating that there had been delays and my case was with a decision officer and shouldn't expect anything before December.

So far, I'm still waiting and in just over 3 weeks, it'll be 1 year since I received the confirmation email. I think I'm up there with Jacqui as being one of the longest waits on this forum.

MC.
I hope you don’t have to wait as long as me! I had an email receipt on 15/5/18. I called them today and was told my certificate had been printed. They gave me the tracking number and guess what, it hasn’t been posted yet!!

Master Caution
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Master Caution » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:29 am

Hi Jacqui,

Yes, your case does appear to be peculiar but who knows why?

I have always seen acceptance for FBR inclusion and subsequent Irish citizenship as a privilege and not a right. Also, I recognise that the the people in the FBR section have been absolutely overloaded with applications but now, I'm just looking for a yes or no answer from them to stop the wondering, the constant checking of the Spam mailbox and the disappointment of not seeing anything turn up in the post.

I want to move on.

MC.

charlie13
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by charlie13 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:07 pm

Hey everyone!

Just a quick query and hoping someone can help me out. I recently received my e-mail approving my FBR application and expect the certificate within the next couple of weeks. With regard to the passport application, I will be staying in the UK for a few months and was hoping to submit my fast-track application from there but can anyone assist with guidance about the proof of address/name requirements? If I was to get my name on the gas and electricity bills shared with another family member who lives in the UK would that be sufficient? Otherwise if anyone could suggest a way to meet this requirement I'd be very grateful so that I don't have to return all the way to Australia to apply!

Thanks in advance!

Lee2521
Ireland

Post by Lee2521 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:49 pm

charlie13 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:07 pm
Hey everyone!

Just a quick query and hoping someone can help me out. I recently received my e-mail approving my FBR application and expect the certificate within the next couple of weeks. With regard to the passport application, I will be staying in the UK for a few months and was hoping to submit my fast-track application from there but can anyone assist with guidance about the proof of address/name requirements? If I was to get my name on the gas and electricity bills shared with another family member who lives in the UK would that be sufficient? Otherwise if anyone could suggest a way to meet this requirement I'd be very grateful so that I don't have to return all the way to Australia to apply!

Thanks in advance!
Hi Charlie

You should be ok having an utlity bill with joint names I would imagine I and
as it would have your name on it that should do the job . Also you might be able to open bank depending on your visa but if you are not on any visa then you could open a Revolut or Starling Bank and then print out a bank statement for proof of address .

Regards

Lee

DanaMarie
Ireland

Post by DanaMarie » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:01 pm

Hi All! Since we're starting to see some January applications approved I thought I would proactively update my address with the FBR section since I have now relocated from the US to the UK. I got a reply back within about an hour advising the following. Which I guess means they haven't touched my application yet. Bummer! But since I'm holding mentally to the 12 month timeline anything earlier would just be a welcome surprise,
"Dear Dana
You do not have to take any further action at the present time. A member of the FBR team will be in touch with you via email when they are processing your application.
You will be asked to confirm your up-to-date postal address at that stage.
ours sincerely
XX
FBR Team"

BrexitEscapee
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by BrexitEscapee » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:47 pm

DanaMarie wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:01 pm
...Which I guess means they haven't touched my application yet....
I wouldn't read that into it. Over the past year, they moved to a check-address-before-posting approach to avoid certificates going to the wrong address. This means you don't need to proactively notify them of any address changes as they'll sort that out just before posting. It looks like you just got the standard response letter they would send anyone notifying them of an address change.