ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship for kids born in the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Michelle0507

British citizenship for kids born in the UK

Post by Michelle0507 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:45 am

Dear sir/madam

I would like to thank you very much for your help and support throughout my immigration journey. It really helps people like me.

I received my ILR a few days ago. I have a son (4years old), who is born in the UK. We are not from EU. I would like to apply for British citizenship for him. My first question is: is the following link is the right link to use?

https://www.gov.uk/apply-citizenship-ee ... r-children

because when I go through this forum, people say MN1 and other names. When I actually login into the above website, it does not show any MN1 and any other names. That is why I am confused.

My second question is: I would like to double check there is no English language requirements and any tests for kids? Sorry, if it is too obvious. I do not think they do not any requirements such these tests.

My third question: once, I receive approval or citizenship. Do I need to apply for a British passport?

Lastly, do we need to go to Sopra for an appointment such as biometrics and photo?

Thank you very much for your time.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British citizenship for kids born in the UK

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:15 am

1. https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1560063110

2. No tests for children.

3. Yes, passport is a separate process and you can only apply once you have the certificate of registration.

4. Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Michelle0507

Re: British citizenship for kids born in the UK

Post by Michelle0507 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:59 am

Thank you very much. Cr001