ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension Approval - Can we post here please!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

veereshkb
Newly Registered

Applications made after 3rd June

Post by veereshkb » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:32 pm

Has any one made application after 3rd June and got the documents back? I've made on 9th June for extension under Tier 1 and still it is not allocated to case worker! Has anyone asked HO in last couple of days on the date of application being processed? They have been telling me that they are considering applications upto 3rd of June, since last one week!!

hskhan2008

Re: Applications made after 3rd June

Post by hskhan2008 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:12 pm

veereshkb wrote:Has any one made application after 3rd June and got the documents back? I've made on 9th June for extension under Tier 1 and still it is not allocated to case worker! Has anyone asked HO in last couple of days on the date of application being processed? They have been telling me that they are considering applications upto 3rd of June, since last one week!!
i applied on 10th of june, and i got email from HO, they said currently they are working on the cases that are received on or after 3rd of june

cosmic2008
Newly Registered

Post by cosmic2008 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:43 am

I applied on the 13th of June and still no word..

artfreak9

Post by artfreak9 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:16 am

[quote="astro"]HSMP Extension granted last week, details are:

Application received by home office on 9 June.
Letter confirming receipt of application dated 9 June.
Fee deducted from account on 10 June.
Approval Letter dated 15 June.
Documents & passport received on 18 June.

I submitted my extension application almost 3 months before the expiry of my initial visa.
[/quote="astro"]

Hi there Astro,
Quick question, if i remm reading, the Home office mentioned that we can only apply for extension 6 weeks before expiry of initial visa... But looks like you got extension 3 months before expiry...my current HSMP visa will expire end of October ...

So do you reckon i can also apply earlier than september? i think i already have most of my paper work ready ..just a couple of letters form the bank that i can get a day before i sent the application out...

regards,
Rohan ....

veereshkb
Newly Registered

application between 3rd June and 10th June

Post by veereshkb » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:06 pm

Has anyone made application between 3rd June and 10th June got the documents back? The ref. no. for that week seem to be PB308*

My HO letter is dated 9th June and has PB308* number. Still waiting for docs. They seem to have moved on to processing next week already - till 18th June!

Jay4you

Post by Jay4you » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:15 pm

Hi All,

I am new to the form but a quick glance through the topic tells me that response time for the application varies a lot. I am going to send my application at start of September from UK, as I am waiting for my August Payslip, but my current visa (Fresh Talent in Scotland scheme) runs out in middle of October. As some responses taking more then 2 months will that be a problem?

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance for you help!

Jay

tcr008
Newly Registered

Approved!

Post by tcr008 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:17 pm

Hi all

I got my passport back today with a shiny new visa in there: Residence Permit!

My time frames are as follows:

WP ––> Tier 1, applying from within the UK, Australian national

Ref number: PB307x

Application sent: 3rd June 2008
Ref. no. received: 6th June 2008
Payment taken: 6th of June 2008
Approved: 18th July 2008 - 3 years until 18 July 2011
Received package: 5th August 2008 / no special courier arranged

Docs Sent:
12 months worth of bank statements
12 months payslips
P60 for the exact year period
University Degree
Naric recognition letter
Academic transcript
Passport (with original Work Permit)
1 month statement from savings account to prove maintenance requirement (prior to June 2008 criteria)

Points claimed / awarded: 90 / 85
Qualifications: 30 / 30
Earnings: 25 / 20 (discrepancy in banking details)
UK Experience: 5 / 5
English language and maintenance: 10 / 10

Hope this helps everyone and thank you for all the support!

sreed_iyer
Newly Registered

Extension in under 4 weeks

Post by sreed_iyer » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:31 pm

I got my extension in under 4 weeks

applied - 9th July
ref letter -10 july
approval - 31 july
Passport received - 5th August.

veereshkb
Newly Registered

Re: Extension in under 4 weeks

Post by veereshkb » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:40 pm

sreed_iyer wrote:I got my extension in under 4 weeks

applied - 9th July
ref letter -10 july
approval - 31 july
Could you please share how it was possible? Thanks!

sreed_iyer
Newly Registered

Post by sreed_iyer » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:56 pm

hi,

even i am still surprised as to how i got my extn so soon as i was expecting it in 6weeks time as per our other friends in this forum.

i sent for my ext exactly 5 weeks b4 the expiry of my previous visa. my covering letter was apt, docs attached was to the minimum reqd (no unnecessary docs attached) & everyting was neatly sent in different envelopes. may be that sped the entire process!

i am still surprised & happy at the same time!

wishing u all the very best.

veereshkb wrote:

applied - 9th July
ref letter -10 july
approval - 31 july

Jay4you

Post by Jay4you » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:50 am

Congratulation for your extn!!

I am thinking for applying for my extn at the end of August & also hoping to keep my Docs attached to minimum (nothing unnecessary). I am going to attach following documents and hoping they will be enough:

Current/Original Passport

Earnings

12 months Original Payslips
12 Months Personal bank statements showing the payments made

Education

Qualification recognised on the points-based calculator
Original Certificate of my BEng (Hons) degree from UK

UK Experience

I am not sending any documents as I am claming 5 points for my UK Experience

English Knowledge Requirements

Original Certificate of my BEng (Hons) degree from UK

Enough Funds

Last 3 month’s bank statements of my Current & Saving account to prove I have enough Funds

Am I missing any documents that I must include?

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks

sreed_iyer wrote:hi,

even i am still surprised as to how i got my extn so soon as i was expecting it in 6weeks time as per our other friends in this forum.

i sent for my ext exactly 5 weeks b4 the expiry of my previous visa. my covering letter was apt, docs attached was to the minimum reqd (no unnecessary docs attached) & everyting was neatly sent in different envelopes. may be that sped the entire process!

i am still surprised & happy at the same time!

wishing u all the very best.

veereshkb wrote:

applied - 9th July
ref letter -10 july
approval - 31 july

tier1_june5
Newly Registered

Good News

Post by tier1_june5 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:42 am

I finally received my approval letter with all the documents today.

Date Applied - 3rd June
Ref. Received - 4th of June
Application received with all the docs - 6th August

Sent an urgent request form last week (But it seems that it was not needed anyway. Called HO yesterday and the customer service agent told me that my urgent request hasn't been uploaded into the DB).

This comes as a big relief to me.

cosmic2008
Newly Registered

Post by cosmic2008 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:40 am

I also received my approval letter with all the documents yesterday.

3 year extension until July 2011, leading to ILR

Date Applied - 13th June
Ref. Received - 14th of June
Application received with all the docs - 6th August

I'd like to thank everyone that posted on the forum.

If you need any help shoot me a PM.

sreed_iyer
Newly Registered

Extensiion application

Post by sreed_iyer » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:59 pm

Hello Jay4you...

the documetns you propose to send is ok.

Please have a nice covering letter, keep doucmnts related to particular section in different envelopes and also a separate covering note for earnings (salary breakup etc etc)

like qualifications in one envelpe
earnings in another
and marrigae certificate (if applicable) + maintainace in another.

and put in a royal mail special delivery return enveloe (500g)...

and it should be fine.

Wish you all the best

jaredfisher79
Newly Registered

Help - Urgent treatment, Passport needed

Post by jaredfisher79 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:20 pm

I arrived in the UK under HSMP in September 2006 and have submitted my Tier 1 Extension. Payment was deducted on 06/08/08. I am desperate to get urgent treatment as I require my passport for a combination of work and personal travel. I have important work trips booked for the end of August and have a trip back to my home in Australia booked for 11 September. This is to visit an ill family member. As a result I was wondering if either:
a) there was a way to get urgent treatment successfully (i.e. without being ignored); or
b) receiving my passport back for the trip i must take even if the visa has not yet been approved and providing the home office with alternative identification, and then getting my visa included in my passport upon my return.
any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Diamante
Newly Registered

Re: Help - Urgent treatment, Passport needed

Post by Diamante » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:13 am

Hi Jared,

I'm in a similar situation. I'm self employed and can't fulfil my contractual obligations till I go visit the different projects outside the UK. I have some projects in the UK but am on forced vacation till I get my passport back as most of my work is outside at the moment. Similar timelines to yours.

From what I understand, there's really no way to get urgent treatment for extensions at the moment (as the BIA is catching up on backlogs). There seems to be no way to even get approvals and get the visa stamped from a consulate in another country. If you ask for your passport back, apparently you start from scratch (new fee, new timelines, etc.) when you re-apply. Rock and a hard place.

Got my fingers crossed, watching a lot of TV, and a lot of pub time in the rain.

Please let me know if you find a way out.

jaredfisher79 wrote:I arrived in the UK under HSMP in September 2006 and have submitted my Tier 1 Extension. Payment was deducted on 06/08/08. I am desperate to get urgent treatment as I require my passport for a combination of work and personal travel. I have important work trips booked for the end of August and have a trip back to my home in Australia booked for 11 September. This is to visit an ill family member. As a result I was wondering if either:
a) there was a way to get urgent treatment successfully (i.e. without being ignored); or
b) receiving my passport back for the trip i must take even if the visa has not yet been approved and providing the home office with alternative identification, and then getting my visa included in my passport upon my return.
any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ho9

HSMP 1+3+3

Post by ho9 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:30 am

I have got passports back , here is timeline

Documents sent 3rd June 2008
Reference Number recieved 8th June 2008
Approval Date 7th Aug 2008
Documents recieved 13th Aug.

Valid untill 4th Aug 2011.

Thanks

rgora
Newly Registered

help re urgent treatment request

Post by rgora » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:21 pm

all,

i'd apprecaite anyone who could help me

i submitted my extension app on 17th jul
i came here in 2005 under hsmp and am extnding because i need anotehr year before i can apply for ILR

i was wondering if anyone would point to the location of request for urgent treatment form; i found one and am trying to fax to 01142072884, but the fax is failing saying number is busy/not reachable etc..

anyone else who has applied for LTR under PB or HSMP in mid july ?

also, when i try to homeoffice, no one answers and IVR says LTR apps received on 31st Jul are being processed, i am hoping that means that my app has been proecssed, however, i want to be doubly sure taht i get passport by end of teh month, hence would like to sent a request for urgent treatment.

any help is most apprecaited.

rgds,
rg

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: help re urgent treatment request

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:32 am

rgora wrote:i came here in 2005 under hsmp and am extnding because i need anotehr year before i can apply for ILR
Unless HO reverts back to 4yr qualifying period for HSMPians approved before April '06, you need 5 years in all to qualify for ILR.
rgora wrote:i was wondering if anyone would point to the location of request for urgent treatment form; i found one and am trying to fax to 01142072884, but the fax is failing saying number is busy/not reachable etc.
There is no urgent treatment form per se. You may request for urgent treatment by writing to UKBA - and you will have to provide evidence of why any such exceptional consideration should be given to your application. Having said this, please note that UKBA can choose to ignore your request alltogether - it depends on your circumstances and evidence you provide.

Check with UKBA where you should send/fax such letter requestig urgent treatment. Or search the forum for contact details.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sagarjv

Received my documents today

Post by sagarjv » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:06 pm

Atlast, I received my documents this morning.

Timeline:
Application sent: 18-Jul-2008
Acknowledgement received: 24-Jul-2008
Urgent Treatment Fax sent: 01-Aug-2008
Documents received: 15-Aug-2008
New visa valid till: Sep-2011

Application details:
EC obtained: Sep-2004 (1 year HSMP)
Came to UK: Jan-2005
1st Extension: Sep-2005 (issued for 3 years)

Small advice reg. Urgent Treatment:
I had to send my Urgent Treatment Fax 4 times (28-Jul/29-Jul/ and on 01-Aug two times) and atlast customer service officer acknowledged receiving my 4th Fax on 01-Aug. It might be due to the high number of faxes HO receives.

If you are sending Urgent Treatment fax, I would advice you to speak to Cust Service office first then send your fax addressing to whom you spoke to. I used Cust Service dept's Fax number (i.e. 01142 074 000). After sending the Fax ring cust service to make sure that they received your Fax.

Rgds
Sagar

rgora
Newly Registered

Post by rgora » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:11 pm

Sagar

congratulations on getting extension on your visa.

i'd applied around teh sam etime as you - 17th july. i had faxed several times during the course of last week and when i spoke (finally I got to sepak to someone rather than IVR), I was told they cannot find/see my faxes. so i'd faxed again today and also emailed scanned copy of teh fax today. i do hope they act on the email and/or fax as i need to go on a business trip in teh first week of sept.

also, i'm told the status on the iVR re what apps they are processing is applicable to work permits ratehr than HSMP.

REgards
rgora

gore
Newly Registered

Post by gore » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:49 pm

Hey Guys, Very quick question I m bit confuse abt flrtier1 application form. Do I need to fill seprate flrtier1 for my wife. or I can use same for both???
(we both are applying same time)

Diamante
Newly Registered

Urgent Treatment Phone Number

Post by Diamante » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:01 pm

Hi Guys,

I've been trying to contact the BIA at 0114 207 4074 to request urgent treatment for my Tier 1(HSMP) FLR but haven't been able to speak to anybody. Is this the right number to contact? Does anybody know of any alternate numbers?

Thanks.

justice122

Re: Urgent Treatment Phone Number

Post by justice122 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:22 pm

Diamante wrote:Hi Guys,

I've been trying to contact the BIA at 0114 207 4074 to request urgent treatment for my Tier 1(HSMP) FLR but haven't been able to speak to anybody. Is this the right number to contact? Does anybody know of any alternate numbers?

Thanks.
That is the only and correct number to ring

srinivasgunda
Newly Registered

Re: Received my documents today

Post by srinivasgunda » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:45 pm

Sagar,
Congrats...
What reason you have mentioned for Urgent Treatment?
Did you send any form and proofs in the fax?
Please let me know ...

Regards
Sri