ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

*URGENT HELP REQUIRED* EEA2 RESIDENCE CARD APPLICATION

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

trisha1892
Newly Registered
India

*URGENT HELP REQUIRED* EEA2 RESIDENCE CARD APPLICATION

Post by trisha1892 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:40 pm

Hello everyone,

I am a Non-EU national married to an EU citizen presently living in the UK. I arrived in the UK with an EEA family permit valid for 6 months from June 2019. In August 2019, I applied for an EE2 residence card and the certificate of application (CoA work permitted) was issued on the 13th of August 2019. It has been about 2.5 months that I have still not received my residence card.

I recently applied for my passport to be returned (which I received a couple of days ago) as I have to urgently travel to India on the 20th of November 2019. While requesting my passport back I did mention on the form that I "DO NOT" want to withdraw my application. I have also contacted the HO contact number and they have confirmed that the application will continue.

My EEA family permit would expire when I'm in India preventing me from traveling back to the UK.

Is it okay if:

1) My husband collects the residence card on my behalf and posts it to India? OR,
2) My husband collects the residence card on my behalf and carries it personally to India?

Would I be breaking any laws if I had to do any of the above?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D

Many thanks,
Trisha

iwolga
United Kingdom

Re: *URGENT HELP REQUIRED* EEA2 RESIDENCE CARD APPLICATION

Post by iwolga » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:18 pm

They are saying on the form of requesting passport that your application may be withdrawn or rejected if you travel outside of Common Travel Area (basically outside the UK and ROI).

I was researching further and - truth be told - it is not completely clear what will happen. Are you ready to risk it and still travel? The price can be a new FP application.

trisha1892
Newly Registered
India

Post by trisha1892 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:56 am

Yes, it does say that the application may be refused, voided and withdrawn. The letter I received with the returned passport states that I would have to re-apply for the family permit and it would be granted on priority.

I have no choice as it’s my sister’s wedding. I think I’d be okay to re-apply for the FP but just don’t want my residence card application withdrawn or refused.

iwolga
United Kingdom

Post by iwolga » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:33 am

Family is family, I understand. Though I would be devastated to ge through the whole process again: gather all paperwork for FP, wait for it (I don’t know how “priority” will work), pray that this route isn’t closed due to Brexit, and then again apply for RC.

I’m unsure if you can apply for FP to simply enter the country and not jeopardize your RC application. I thought this isn’t possible but I wasn’t looking into it further.

Mum84
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Mum84 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:41 am

I guess you’ll have to wing it.You’ll be rejected because they need that passport when they make the decision so prepare to reapply for a family permit and then get to do things over. They did that to my sister, refused her under the grounds of not having her passport. She had to leave UK for the funeral so she reapply for her FP and reapply for a Resident card and got it In the end. Just accept defeat on this, Home office are tough and didn’t care if it was for a funeral and you’re going for the wedding so what will be their chances to just let this slide? Non....so good luck, Brexit is still on hold and you’ll be fine! Have fun at the wedding 🤗

trisha1892
Newly Registered
India

Post by trisha1892 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:39 pm

Thanks for your help, iwolga and Mum84. I'll have to risk it this time. If I don't receive it by the 20th, i'll re-apply for a new FP from India and start all over again :(

Thanks again! 🤗

jestew
Mood:
United States of America

Post by jestew » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:56 am

trisha1892 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:39 pm
Thanks for your help, iwolga and Mum84. I'll have to risk it this time. If I don't receive it by the 20th, i'll re-apply for a new FP from India and start all over again :(

Thanks again! 🤗
i hope you have a beautiful time at your sister's wedding!
09/05/14 EEA FP granted
26/08/14 EEA RP granted
23/08/19 SS Application submitted
24/09/19 Biometrics submitted
06/11/19: CoA
21/11/19: Email that Settled Status granted
22/11/19: BRC by courier