ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - QUERY

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PariJ
United Kingdom

ILR - QUERY

Post by PariJ » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:48 pm

Dear All,

Thank you for reading this (long) post. Appreciate your view on my situation.

For the background, my wife is on the spouse visa (expires in Oct 2020) who is eligible to apply for ILR in May 2020 on a 5 year route. I am the sponsor and hold British Citizenship. We have a 3 year old daughter who is also a British Citizen.

8 months ago, my daughter was assessed with development delays. We are in a very long waiting list here in London to get relevant support (speech, behaviour and occupational theraphy) from NHS.

We took our daughter to India (my country of origin) in summer this year and put her under a private medical care (relatively offordable in a longer run compared to private medical care in London). My wife and daughter were in India for 4 months and they are back now in UK. My daughter has responded positively to the treatement since then and we intend to go back to India for extended period (up to 2 years) to continue her treatement. However we planning to come back to UK for her schooling as the support in UK schooling system is excellent.

In terms of the timing, we are thinking of relocating to India in Feb next year and come back in June for applying ILR and then go back to India for extended period. We have no issues meeting the Financial requirements (through UK savings account). We can keep the current postal address in UK for the cohabitation evidences.

Please advise if any risk of ILR application rejection in my case. Other options are to relocate to India once getting the ILR or ignore the ILR eligibility, relocate now and apply for entry clearance to UK when we decide to come back.

Thank you
Pari

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR - QUERY

Post by zimba » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:45 pm

Family route has no absence limit so that will not be an issue. However if she gets ILR and stay outside the UK for 2 years, the ILR is lost
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

PariJ
United Kingdom

Re: ILR - QUERY

Post by PariJ » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:06 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:45 pm
Family route has no absence limit so that will not be an issue. However if she gets ILR and stay outside the UK for 2 years, the ILR lost
Thank you, Zimba