ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Application process. I am confused.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AkashS
Member of Standing

Tier1 Application process. I am confused.

Post by AkashS » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:37 pm

Hi,

I am little confused about this new Tier1 process. Initially we had HSMP in which we used to send all required documents along with HSMP application Form to HSMP application center and if successful, the office will send us back HSMP approval letter. Based on that letter, you can apply for EC.

I am not able to find much information about Tier-1 about this process. Do we still need to send all required documents to UK along with Tier-1 app form (I am not sure about the form number)? How much money they charge for Tier-1 Application now from India?

I understand that you can submit your application for VFS in India now and the fees is Rs. 51000? Is it so? Please suggest. Thanks.

Re
gards,

Akash...

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:48 pm

You asked questions and replied yourself at the end.

You need to submit documents at local (nearest) VFS center. If you study below link then you can find all your answers.
http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/

If you still have doubt then just post here.

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:36 am

Thanks Rajesh.

As my case is different (I already have HSMP but could not go to UK and now HSMP is valid for just more than 7 months), I think I should book an appointment with VFS and ask them if there is any possibilities that I'll get HSMP extension or if I apply fresh under Tier-1 System, what will be the possibilities to get the approval.

Do you know anyone with similar case and he/she applied for Visa under Tier-1 system and got it. Please advise. Thanks.

Regards,

Akash..

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:37 am

Extension!.. I do not think you are eligible for extension. However, you can certainly make a fresh application. You will have to provide very strong reson for not using previous Entry clearance.

I have seen a thread discussing same issue.

If I had been in your position then I would try to find a job in UK and then apply for a fresh application with UK and India earnings, I assume you are based in India.

Alternatively, provide a strong and valid reason for not using previous EC.

Good luck.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:09 pm

AkashS wrote:if there is any possibilities that I'll get HSMP extension or if I apply fresh under Tier-1 System,
It is important to understand the difference between leave to "enter" and leave to "remain". An application for leave to "remain" (aka extension) can be made only from within the UK. You can only apply for leave to "enter" (i.e.- entry clearance) from outside the UK.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:24 am

Ok... I am not sure if the IO will be ok with the reason that initially my wife was pregnant and then I just could not left the new born baby and my wife alone... When I realize about HSMP, the time has gone and now it is 7+ months remaining for me..

Do you guys think that this could be a genuine reason? However, it is genuine. Thanks.

Regards,

Akash...