ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Old SEGS

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rockhall

Old SEGS

Post by rockhall » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:23 pm

I am trying to understand the new Tier 1 Post Study work, to make a story short my SEGS expired 2 years ago.

1. Can I apply for the new Tier 1 Post-Study Work?

2. Will I get the full 75 points since I was previously on SEGS and outside the UK and if so will I get 2 years or 1 year?

3. The English Language aspect of it is confusing to me, because I am seeing if previously on SEGS leave then you recieve 75 points (I do not understand whether this is for transitional arrangements or outside the UK entry clearance)

Thanks for your clarification
They fail to realise we are nothing in this world! we can disappear in a split second.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:54 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

rockhall

Post by rockhall » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:42 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Read Tier 1 (PSW) policy guidance and use the points-based calculator

regards
Thank you for the link, I have used the points calculator and it seem that I do not qualify since my qualifications was obtain more than 12 months ago, that is why I was a little confused about the English requirements since I was previously on SEGS
They fail to realise we are nothing in this world! we can disappear in a split second.

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:20 pm

OP,

Since ur SEGS expired before June08, then I don't think you will able to apply for PSW. Only those people whose IGS has not expired before July08 will be able to apply for PSW

sajjad
Newly Registered

From Current SEGS to PSW Visa

Post by sajjad » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:54 am

RAJ2007 wrote:OP,

Since ur SEGS expired before June08, then I don't think you will able to apply for PSW. Only those people whose IGS has not expired before July08 will be able to apply for PSW

Dear Raj

I have Got SEGS Visa last year in October 15 (after first refusal in feb 22 ,2007).. So a bit complex situation :)

My SEGS Is expiring on 15th of this October 2008

I am living in my native country

what shall i have to apply for PSW , As in the self assessment and points calculator there is no such option which says , Do u have got SEGS or u want to upgrade from SEGS to PSW etc

what your Genius mind says about this ..

I shall be very grate full if you kindly put some light on it :)

Regards

sajjad
Newly Registered

Post by sajjad » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:02 am

one more thing , Do I have to be in UK to apply for the PSW

which will enable me to Switch my current SEGS to PSW,

What are the limitations , do i have to prove that I got Job in my degree related field or just proving that i have enough money to support my self ?

what you say ?

sajjad
Newly Registered

Post by sajjad » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:15 am

I got another very good information for SEGS is that

The applicant is applying for leave to remain and has, or was last granted, leave as a Participant in IGS or SEGS or as a Participant in the Fresh Talent Working in Scotland Scheme will got 75 points automatically :)

thats great news is it true ??

source

http://www.entryclearanceservices.com/t ... y_work.php

but the main source is telling a different story

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... tstudywork

m
portant!
To qualify for Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) of the Points Based System you must be able to demonstrate that you have funds to support yourself andany Dependants. For the main applicant this is £2,800 with a further £1,600 needed for each dependant accompanying you or planning to join you within 12 months of your arrival in the UK. These amounts must be held in your personal bank account for a minimum period of 3 months immediately preceding and dated no more than 7 days prior to the date you submit your application. The balance should not fall below the required minimum at any time during the 3 month period.

Another problem 3 month stable balance :(

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:02 am

Sajjad,

First of all I am not sure why u are in your native country?

My suggestion would be to come back to UK as soon as possible , work in UK for next 3 months and apply for extension. The purpose of PSW is for those people who is willing to work here during that time. Don't worry about your previous refusal. If you come back now and work here then your intension to work under PSw will be satisfied and it will easy for you to show that. Regarding fund, if you are applying within UK then you need to show that £800 in your bank for the last three months prior to apply for extension. therefore if you put £800 or more now and then earn in UK for the next three months and try to maintan £800 balance through out next three months, then I don't should have any problem during extension.

rockhall

Post by rockhall » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:57 am

Sajjad,

You are running out of time, why do u have SEGS and you are out of the UK you need to work on that fast as Raj suggested if not you will not be able to get an extension. I do not know if you will have a problem planning your return, finding employment and applying for the PSW extension within that short space of time.

sajjad
Newly Registered

Post by sajjad » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:49 pm

RAJ2007 wrote:Sajjad,

My suggestion would be to come back to UK as soon as possible , work in UK for next 3 months and apply for extension. The purpose of PSW is for those people who is willing to work here during that time. Don't worry about your previous refusal. If you come back now and work here then your intension to work under PSw will be satisfied and it will easy for you to show that. Regarding fund, if you are applying within UK then you need to show that £800 in your bank for the last three months prior to apply for extension. therefore if you put £800 or more now and then earn in UK for the next three months and try to maintan £800 balance through out next three months, then I don't should have any problem during extension.

Raj Thank you so much for the valuable response

First of all I would like to tell you that after SEGS visa refusal I came back to Pakistan on 29 March 2007 and Later after (Thanks to this great forum guys ). I resubmitted SEGS Visa application on October 2007 and Got the visa on 15 October of 2007. During that period I was working as IT External Auditor in BIG 4 Firm in my native country and no one here want ed me to quite that job that early. I Got job in BIG 4 accountancy firm on June 2007 and from on I worked there like 10 Month and one of the Biggest Telecom Firm offered me job (for which i left big4 and joined Telecom firm working there from last four months).
Now I got married on 2th Of July and then i started to see what can be done to extend SEGS , then i know about PSW . Websites of PSW says that you have to show 3000 or more Pounds if your dependents want to join you.
So Right now I don't have any Job offer from UK . Employer want me to be there in UK and its quite risky thing for me . leaving current job I have to start from scratch as I was working as Data Entry personal in Telecom firm when my SEGS application visa first time rejected. And that was the reason I had to come back to native country.

SO I hope u understand now why i am here.BUt I am seriously thinking to came back to UK . Is there any chance the Immigration officer will inquire me why you came so late to UK after 10 Months getting SEGS Visa after refusal can you put some light on it ?
Last edited by sajjad on Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

sajjad
Newly Registered

Post by sajjad » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:51 pm

rockhall wrote:Sajjad,

You are running out of time, why do u have SEGS and you are out of the UK you need to work on that fast as Raj suggested if not you will not be able to get an extension. I do not know if you will have a problem planning your return, finding employment and applying for the PSW extension within that short space of time.
SO it mean i must be residing and working in uk to be eligible to get PSW
do i have to work on my Degree related field or DATA Entry type job can able to get the Visa or e,g I work there for time being as Security Guard as I used to do earlier there ?

Thanks for your concerns I highly appreciate your humble and wise suggestions

sajjad
Newly Registered

Post by sajjad » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:53 pm

RAJ2007 wrote:Sajjad,

Well expiry date of my SEGS Visa is 15 October 2008.

I don't have 3 months like 2 and half months left now so what you suggest now

Win Win Situation or not ?

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:12 am

Chances are less. They want you to work in UK during SEGS visa not in any other country, therefore they may not extend your visa

sajjad
Newly Registered

Post by sajjad » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:09 am

Dear Raj

Is there any possibility that I simply apply PSW Visa from Pakistan knowing the fact that I haven't traveled to UK on current SEGS visa and I was not living or working in UK.

Can PSW can be applied from Oversies as in my Case ,Switching from SEGS to PSW

what are the chances .Even though you have mentioned chances are very less

what sort of Application points I can place my Visa Application form to Visa Officer in British Embassy to show them the cause of staying in my native country ?

May be they accept that I am qualified person and working in my Degree related field and now I want to utilize 7 years experience in UK and become useful participant in the UK market for Information Security Professionals ?

sajjad
Newly Registered

Post by sajjad » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:25 am

I would be please if some one can answer my raised queries ?

Also Is it possible to apply PSW Visa after expiry of current SEGS Visa

As I dont have enough funds present in my bank account .