ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Family Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pravin.bansod
Newly Registered

Naturalisation application date

Post by pravin.bansod » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:44 pm

Hi,

To satisfy
You must have been physically present in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands on the day 5 years before the application is received by the Home Office.
For example, if your application is received on 05/01/2018 you should have been physically present in the UK on 05/01/2013.

I am trying to find out what is actually the application date.

Is it the date online application is submitted or is it the UKVCAS appointment date?

Can anyone please confirm, couldn't find this on any documents.

British Boy
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation application date

Post by British Boy » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:49 pm

Your application date, if it is online, is when you successfully make payment for the application. It is not the date of your biometrics. Before I applied I called the UKVI number to confirm. Also when you have applied and downloaded your application form you will find that the date of application is shown as the date you paid. All the best in your application.

pravin.bansod
Newly Registered

Post by pravin.bansod » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:54 pm

Thanks a lot British Boy for quick response.

Reason for raising that I was away in Dec 2014 and its not guaranteed when will I get the UKVCAS appointment.

Thanks again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:55 pm

pravin.bansod wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:54 pm

Reason for raising that I was away in Dec 2014 and its not guaranteed when will I get the UKVCAS appointment.

Thanks again.
Your ukcvas appointment date is irrelevant to meeting the requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

British Boy
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by British Boy » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:07 pm

pravin.bansod wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:54 pm

Thanks again.
The free appointments maybe a bit difficult to get, but if you are prepared to pay, I think you will find some slots. The process can be stress but keep the faith.

pravin.bansod
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Family Application

Post by pravin.bansod » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:44 pm

Hi,
I have couple of questions regarding Naturalisation Family Application. Apologies these might have be raised earlier on the forum however couldn't find it.

I am applying along with wife and two kids in this month Nov 2019. All of us have ILR and kids are born outside UK.
[1] My Understanding is my wife will fall into 5 years residency requirement even though I am making application at the same time. I mean Home Office won't consider her for 3 years residency even though my application becomes successful.
Reason for raising this is she was in UK in Nov 2014, however she was not in UK in Nov 2016.
Just want to be cautious here as if Home Office considers her for 3 year residency, she won't meet requirement of presence in UK 3 years earlier.

[2] Even though Kids (Under 18) are born outside UK, there is no need of 5 years residency and I can apply together even though me and my wife don't hold citizenship. Kids hold the ILR currently.