ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ict to tier 2 dependant- informing employer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sonal007
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Ict to tier 2 dependant- informing employer

Post by Sonal007 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:16 am

Hi,
I have switched from ICT to tier 2 general dependant and have got my BRP. Now I wish to resign from my current employment and look for a contract IT job. I have a few questions:
1. Do I need to inform my current employer that I have changed my visa or resigning is sufficient?
2. Will I be allowed to serve the notice period or have to leave the company immediately in case of change in visa?
3. Since my ict visa is cancelled now, can my employer ask me to go offshore and serve my 3 months notice period from there?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Ict to tier 2 dependant- informing employer

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:21 am

1. Do I need to inform my current employer that I have changed my visa or resigning is sufficient?
You need to inform your employer as they are required to see your evidence of right to work in the UK for any period of work, regardless of how short it is. They will also have to update their records with UKVI through the SMS system.
2. Will I be allowed to serve the notice period or have to leave the company immediately in case of change in visa?
This is not an immigration question. This is an issue between you and your employer based on what your contract of employment states.
3. Since my ict visa is cancelled now, can my employer ask me to go offshore and serve my 3 months notice period from there?
Unlikely, but this is not an immigration issue and is between you and your employer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sonal007
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Ict to tier 2 dependant- informing employer

Post by Sonal007 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:32 pm

Thanks for your response