ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

7 year old nephew on visit visa refuse to go back to home country

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rankaseye
Nigeria

7 year old nephew on visit visa refuse to go back to home country

Post by rankaseye » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:08 am

HI everyone,

I need help on what to do if anybody can.
My 7 year old nephew came on visit visa but he is refusing to go back. he is enjoying playing with his cousins and all the other activities he got involved in. Is it possible to switch to another visa that allows him stay in the country?

thanks

secret.simon

Re: 7 year old nephew on visit visa refuse to go back to home country

Post by secret.simon » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:00 am

Does he not have family in his home country?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:13 am

rankaseye wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:08 am
HI everyone,

My 7 year old nephew came on visit visa but he is refusing to go back. he is enjoying playing with his cousins and all the other activities he got involved in. Is it possible to switch to another visa that allows him stay in the country?

thanks
Where are the child's parents?
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:22 am

Is it possible to switch to another visa that allows him stay in the country?
Not really no.

From your previous posts it appears your mum and nephew came on visitor visas and presumably showed evidence they will return to their home country. Also appears your nephews father sponsored them trip so the child clearly has parents who have parental responsibility for him.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

iwolga
United Kingdom

Post by iwolga » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:07 am

rankaseye wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:08 am
HI everyone,

thanks
Not that you are asking for a family advice, but this is a 7 year old! He will want to travel to the Moon tomorrow. If he overstays it might ruin his immigration future, so grown ups shall be wise on that.

silverkey
Newly Registered

Post by silverkey » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:07 pm

adapt the 7yld as your own child. then he will beable to stay and play all day.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:10 pm

silverkey wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:07 pm
I suggest not posting advice for members to attempt to circumvent the immigration rules.

The 7 year old appears to have parents and HO do not entertain visas for children in such circumstances or where they are "gifted" by family members.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

silverkey
Newly Registered

Post by silverkey » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:22 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:10 pm
silverkey wrote:
I suggest not posting advice for members to attempt to circumvent the immigration rules.

The 7 year old appears to have parents and HO do not entertain visas for children in such circumstances or where they are "gifted" by family members.
My advice has no circumvention, many of the people who work for the home office are bias and are ra-cist, they judge peoples aplication by the color of thier skin and the country they are from. The home office will use none systematic judgement to dicline people's application. It's down to the applicant to understand immigration laws and loop holes to gain leave in the UK.
The only method I know of for a 7yld child to gain leave in the UK by legal means would be to adopt the child as your own. Of which is good advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:34 pm

silverkey wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:22 pm
CR001 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:10 pm
silverkey wrote:

My advice has no circumvention, many of the people who work for the home office are bias and are ra-cist, they judge peoples aplication by the color of thier skin and the country they are from. The home office will use none systematic judgement to dicline people's application. It's down to the applicant to understand immigration laws and loop holes to gain leave in the UK.
The only method I know of for a 7yld child to gain leave in the UK by legal means would be to adopt the child as your own. Of which is good advice.
I suggest you read ho guidance/rules of familial adoptions and gifting of children and the non granting of visas if applied. It is a stance that many countries take. It has an aweful lot to do with the Hague convention of safeguarding children etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

blondesafari

Post by blondesafari » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:05 am

Goodness gracious! I have seen people suspended or placed on thin ice for saying less than 'silverkey'. Having been through the Home Office myself, I am happy to say that there are people of all races and creeds that work there, and it is highly against policy to discriminate on the bases that this person alleges.

silverkey
Newly Registered

Post by silverkey » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:53 am

blondesafari wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:05 am
Goodness gracious! I have seen people suspended or placed on thin ice for saying less than 'silverkey'. Having been through the Home Office myself, I am happy to say that there are people of all races and creeds that work there, and it is highly against policy to discriminate on the bases that this person alleges.
Are you saying I should be banned or suspended for responding to a thread where someone is seeking advice for a 7ld child to stay in the UK, or should I be banned or suspended for saying some of the people/caseworkers who work for the home office are bias and ra-cist?

I have read of numerous people who adapt young children from poor countries in order to give those children a better life, children of which had their biological parents know to them, two famous examples are Madonna and Angelina Jolie.
I only pass on the info to the OP. No harm done.

I stand by my words, stating some of the people/caseworkers who work for the home office are bias and ra-cist. I say this due to my experience dealing with the home office, plus there are tons of info floating around which demonstrate and illustrait that the home office at times does not follow their own policy systematically towards the applicant.
Does the Windrush scandal ring any bells?
I advise you to research it.
BBC iPlayer Windrush Scandal
Regards.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:38 pm

silverkey wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:53 am
blondesafari wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:05 am
I have read of numerous people who adapt young children from poor countries in order to give those children a better life, children of which had their biological parents know to them, two famous examples are Madonna and Angelina Jolie.
I only pass on the info to the OP. No harm done.
Of course there are many, many international adoptions.

What will not result in a UK visa, is an adoption of a child within a family with parents and other close family members still alive in the home country.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:10 pm

Topic locked due to newly registered members posting nonsense advice to circumvent the immigration rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)