ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Student Application for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pruthvilalji
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

EEA Student Application for Naturalisation

Post by pruthvilalji » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:12 pm

Hello Everyone, I have some questions regarding the AN application Form.

I want to apply for naturalization through EEA Residence permit route, currently, I am studying in University and I am an EEA student living in the UK for past 9 years and I do hold Permenate Residence Card . when I was filling in the AN form I came across the Employment section where I need to add employment history, but the problem is that I have only been working for 1 year as a part-time and I am not sure if that would be me to prove the 6 years residence in the UK. I am living with my mother who is an EEA national and she also holds the permanent residence card.
Can someone tell me what do I need to do, because I cannot afford of pay £1330 and get refused for some reason? It would be helpful if someone can tell me what documents do I need to provide to the HomeOffice for the residence of myself living in the United Kingdom for the past 5/6 years.

Thank

pruthvilalji
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: EEA Student Application for Naturalisation

Post by pruthvilalji » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:05 pm

Just adding More Information

I have been in UK since 2011 and for my permanent residence card in 2016, so if I am applying for naturalisation, do I need to have comprehensive sickness insurance or the PR is enough to show my legal residence for the past 5 years. Plus I can provide letter from my school and university to strength my evidence on the residence.

Someone who has already gone through this route please give advice, or link the post.
Thank you

AnotherUUID
United Kingdom

Post by AnotherUUID » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:58 pm

The requirements for naturalisation are different to those for DCPR.

Comprehensive sickness insurance (CSI) is not required for naturalisation in any period.
Employment is not required either.

For proof of residency:

DCPR itself is not proof of residence. It only proves that you are free from immigration restrictions from the date it was issued.

Use P60s (one per year) for periods of employment or payslips if you don't have a P60 yet. Since you've been working part-time ask your employer(s) for a letter confirming the start/end dates of your employment. If you've only been employed for a year or part time that's fine.

For any period spent out of employment (e.g. studying) use university enrolment letters. Your university/universities should be more than happy to provide you with a letter confirming you were/are a student and the period of attendance. Note, you cannot use your degree certificate for proof of residency.

You only need to provide evidence for the 5 years prior to the date of the application, not 6.

pruthvilalji
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by pruthvilalji » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:46 pm

Thank you very much that clarified lot of thing. I will be submitting my form on Monday when I get my job letter.