ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying from US - supporting Docs confustion

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

malimeer
Newly Registered

applying from US - supporting Docs confustion

Post by malimeer » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:38 pm

Hi All, I'hv submitted online app last week and tomorrow I'm going for biometrics data collection in local Dallas, TX office.
I'm bit confused about supporting docs as they say in confirmation email
("IMPORTANT ¹ All your supporting documents, including your application, travel document and your stamped biometric appointment confirmation form should be mailed to the visa issuing office shown below within TWO weeks of having your biometrics taken")
Q is should I include the UK residency arrangements docs in 2 weeks ?

Should I send my passport with supp docs ?

appreciate your comments.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: applying from US - supporting Docs confustion

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:17 pm

malimeer wrote:All your supporting documents, including your application, travel document and your stamped biometric appointment confirmation form should be mailed to the visa issuing office shown below within TWO weeks of having your biometrics taken.

1.should I include the UK residency arrangements docs in 2 weeks ?
2. Should I send my passport with supp docs ?
1. Yes, if the BHC in US requires you to provide evidence of accommodation in UK in support of your application.
2. The note clearly says that the travel document (passport) must be mailed within 2 weeks, so why the confusion?

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:44 pm

Passport is also required to claim points under Age attribute/section.

Some VACs are set up only to take Biometric and verifying the documents. Later, they will seal all the docs and will ask you to post it to main VAC of applying country (your case in US).

You do need to provide accomodation proof too while applying. You can book hotel within few minutes if you have credit card (you do not need 2 weeks to do it, still worried?).

malimeer
Newly Registered

Post by malimeer » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:16 pm

Thanks Rajesh and Sushdmehta for making things clear.
appreciate it.

swami
Newly Registered

Post by swami » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:53 pm

Am not sure that you have to send acco info under the new one step process while applying from US online. It is nowhere mentioned that acco info is required if you read any of the docs in HO or britainusa or visa4uk sites. Since Tier 1 is a permit free employment and since you are yet to travel and they are asking you to submit 2800 pounds with which you can support yourself and do not need public funds, you should be good. This is what I think. I will know soon once my application result comes back.
malimeer wrote:Thanks Rajesh and Sushdmehta for making things clear.
appreciate it.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:19 am

Accomodation proof is indeed not a mandatory requirement. However, its good to provide it. You can book hotel using credit card, most of the hotel in UK do not charge untill first night of stay. If required, you can later cancel the booking without loosing any money.

Still worried?