ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Duplicate Bank Statements

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kenttran
Newly Registered

Duplicate Bank Statements

Post by kenttran » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:48 pm

Hi,

Are duplicate bank statements printed from a bank acceptable as supporting documentation for FLR Tier 1 HSMP applications?

Thanks,
Kent

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:57 pm

Yes, use the search function for further details

sagarjv

Post by sagarjv » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:41 pm

Not 100% sure for HSMP extension because I sent originals..
But for Initial Application, they have not accepted web statements when one of my friend applied (i.e. not awarded any points and eventually his application was rejected)..

If I were you, I would explain my situation to Bank and request them to issue duplicate statements. I'm sure they'll issue duplicates, but it may take a week before you get.

Cheers
Sagar

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:03 pm

sagarjv wrote:But for Initial Application, they have not accepted web statements when one of my friend applied (i.e. not awarded any points and eventually his application was rejected)..
1. Duplicate statements printed by bank
2. Duplicate statements posted to your home address by bank
3. Internet statements printed by yourself

Above 3 things are not one and the same.
If you print Internet statements, then you need additional letter from bank stating that the Internet statements are authentic.

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Re: Duplicate Bank Statements

Post by CoolestGuyC » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:04 pm

kenttran wrote:Hi,

Are duplicate bank statements printed from a bank acceptable as supporting documentation for FLR Tier 1 HSMP applications?

Thanks,
Kent
Search the forum, there are plenty of threads which can give you useful information.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:04 pm

Duplicate doesn't necessarily mean *not original*.

Make an effort to search the forum for information already available regarding your queries / concerns. e.g. - had you tried, you would have across this discussion

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

kenttran
Newly Registered

Post by kenttran » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:40 am

Thanks, I've searched and read the other threads, however, it is still unclear as I'm not applying for initial Tier 1 application.

I am applying in the UK, for a FLR Tier 1(HSMP) extension under the HSMP Forum Ltd JR.

My statements are printed at the HSBC branch and have the HSBC logo, my name and account number. It does not have my address nor the banks address.

Would these documents be adequate for supporting evidence?

Cheers
Kent

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:46 am

kenttran wrote:Thanks, I've searched and read the other threads, however, it is still unclear as I'm not applying for initial Tier 1 application.

I am applying in the UK, for a FLR Tier 1(HSMP) extension under the HSMP Forum Ltd JR.

My statements are printed at the HSBC branch and have the HSBC logo, my name and account number. It does not have my address nor the banks address.

Would these documents be adequate for supporting evidence?

Cheers
Kent
Oops, I missed noting that. Sorry!

Well, the guidance notes for HSMP JR affected applicants doesn't prescribe any such conditions. Or does it? If the guidance doesn't say so, how would you know that these details are required (or not)! Get my point? :wink:

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

kenttran
Newly Registered

Post by kenttran » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:25 am

The guidance notes say:

"Evidence that you have the funds to maintain and accommodate yourself and any dependants without recourse to public funds. The evidence must be [b]formal documents such as bank statements[/b], a building society passbook, or wage slips (but do not send us cheques, travellers cheques or credit cards)."

"15) [b]All documents included with your application must be originals[/b]. However, we will accept a certified photocopy for the purpose of validating your application if you cannot provide the original at the time of application and if you tell us when you will provide it. A certified copy of a document is one certified either by the issuing authority (such as a photocopy of a building society passbook certified by the building society) or by a notary"

So, what constitutes a [b]formal [/b]bank statement - one printed at a branch or one mailed to you? What is original - a document not photocopied?

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:49 pm

Many suggested to use the SEARCH facility. How done that to find this topic has already been discussed?