ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

asylum fresh claim processing time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tina12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: asylum fresh claim processing time

Post by Tina12 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:59 am

rina wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:21 pm
Tina12 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:19 pm
rina wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:08 pm
Tina12 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:03 pm
Congrats Jalalleo.
My Update: Last month received my 5 years leave to remain
Screening done in February
Interview in August
Wishing you all the best
@Tina, can you please give us a brief history of your case? Still confused as had my screening in march and still haven't received an invitation for an interview or anything? Quite depressing really.
Hi Rina, I'm the username Tina28, just changed the username cos wasn't able to login with my previous username,lol. I was guessing that you have received a letter for your interview as mine was about 6 months after I claim asylum.

I've came to the UK with visitor visa twice. In the last visa a made asylum claim. Lived here with my partner and got pregnant. I was pregnant when I was claiming asylum and had my baby born here too.
Hope you receive your letter from the HO soon.
Yes, I remember you and thanks so much for your kind response. I really hope I get a letter soon as most people get interview after 6 months and am 8 months now. Quite depressed with the situation if am honest.
Enjoy your freedom Tina 😁
Thanks Rina and yes I know the waiting is soo depressing. I pray you'll get an interview letter soon and just remember to read your screening interview again before the main interview. Hope you'll get the same outcome as well. 😊

Tina12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Tina12 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:07 pm

jay287 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:08 pm
Hi everyone I am just wondering how long it takes for the home office to give decisions for asylum.
Claimed asylum November 2018, screening December 2018 main interview July 2019, I had biometrics on the same day of the main interview. Also is there any signs of having biometric enrolment?
Hi jay287, there's no specific timing for it, I asked my caseworker after the main interview about that. Everyone's case is different. My decision was made 7/8 months after my screening. Just make a lot of prays. I think most of the people did their biometric before the main interview, as I did too. Wish you all the best.

jay287
United Kingdom

Post by jay287 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:29 pm

Tina12 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:07 pm
jay287 wrote:
Hi everyone I am just wondering how long it takes for the home office to give decisions for asylum.
Claimed asylum November 2018, screening December 2018 main interview July 2019, I had biometrics on the same day of the main interview. Also is there any signs of having biometric enrolment?
Hi jay287, there's no specific timing for it, I asked my caseworker after the main interview about that. Everyone's case is different. My decision was made 7/8 months after my screening. Just make a lot of prays. I think most of the people did their biometric before the main interview, as I did too. Wish you all the best.

Hi Tina12 thanks for the response. I have a tricky situation, I was married with British but I left him due to domestic violence with hospital and police involved. It’s a shamed I left when my spouse visa was in process as I was petrified and really scared I didnt wait for my spouse visa because of the abuse so then I didn’t know that I have to report it to the home office as I was given wrong advice, my husband curtailed my spouse visa. Then I end up at the detention as he wanted me to be deported so then I applied for asylum there. I have NRM as well and getting support from a charity and I am on section 95. I am not divorce yet. What’s your thoughts about my case Tina? I’ve been in this misery for nearly 3yrs 💔

Samikam
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Samikam » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:23 pm

Hi Tina,nrm and asylum is a long process. I have been waiting for 26 months for asylum decision and 20 months for nrm decision.......the wait is horrible. Your case too depends on how long it takes.so be prayerful, it's stressful...

jay287
United Kingdom

Post by jay287 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:53 pm

Samikam wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:23 pm
Hi Tina,nrm and asylum is a long process. I have been waiting for 26 months for asylum decision and 20 months for nrm decision.......the wait is horrible. Your case too depends on how long it takes.so be prayerful, it's stressful...
Hello samikam. It’s me who has asylum and NRM. How long did you wait for your main interview? I had my main interview after 7mos from my screening. Also who to apply for right to work?

Tina12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Tina12 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:57 pm

jay287 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:29 pm
Tina12 wrote:
jay287 wrote:

Hi Tina12 thanks for the response. I have a tricky situation, I was married with British but I left him due to domestic violence with hospital and police involved. It’s a shamed I left when my spouse visa was in process as I was petrified and really scared I didnt wait for my spouse visa because of the abuse so then I didn’t know that I have to report it to the home office as I was given wrong advice, my husband curtailed my spouse visa. Then I end up at the detention as he wanted me to be deported so then I applied for asylum there. I have NRM as well and getting support from a charity and I am on section 95. I am not divorce yet. What’s your thoughts about my case Tina? I’ve been in this misery for nearly 3yrs 💔
Hi jay287, so sorry to hear that. Hope you've given all the evidence regarding the domestic violence you had to the HO. Did you have a children with him who was born here? I think that might help your case if you have one born here. Hope the best for you and just make a lot of prayers cos the waiting is depressing.

Tina12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Tina12 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:04 pm

Samikam wrote:
Hi samikam, I've received my 5 years leave to remain last month, 7-8 months after my screening interview. And maybe because I had a baby that was born here helps my decision faster. But in the end it all depends on the case, the more complicated the more time waiting I guess.

Samikam
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Samikam » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:24 pm

I have a child who is born here as well,but it's still long.nrm itself is a long process.

Samikam
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Samikam » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:27 pm

jay287 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:53 pm
Samikam wrote:
Hello samikam. It’s me who has asylum and NRM. How long did you wait for your main interview? I had my main interview after 7mos from my screening. Also who to apply for right to work?
I had my screening in sept 2017 and main interview after six months. No right to work. If you are in nrm, it's difficult to get right to work, as it's recovery period.

jay287
United Kingdom

Post by jay287 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:35 pm

Tina12 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:57 pm
jay287 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:29 pm
Tina12 wrote:
jay287 wrote:

Hi jay287, so sorry to hear that. Hope you've given all the evidence regarding the domestic violence you had to the HO. Did you have a children with him who was born here? I think that might help your case if you have one born here. Hope the best for you and just make a lot of prayers cos the waiting is depressing.

Hi Tina12, thanks
No I don’t have a child with him and I think that makes my case complicated. Yes I submitted everything to them. What makes my case complicated was I applied for 3 incorrect applications due to poor legal advise. The wait time is very depressing. I am on anti depressant

jay287
United Kingdom

Post by jay287 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:37 pm

Samikam wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:27 pm
jay287 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:53 pm
Samikam wrote:
I had my screening in sept 2017 and main interview after six months. No right to work. If you are in nrm, it's difficult to get right to work, as it's recovery period.

Hi samikam,
What you mean by recovery period? So you’re saying with NRM we can’t apply right to work?

Samikam
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Samikam » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:55 am

Between reasonable grounds decision and conclusive grounds decision. Where you are supported by the charity organisations. Have you received your reasonable grounds decision?

Samikam
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Samikam » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:56 am

You can try,every case is different,

jay287
United Kingdom

Post by jay287 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:52 am

Samikam wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:56 am
You can try,every case is different,
Hi samikam,
Yes I did receive my reasonable grounds decision it was quick but for the conclusive grounds it’s taking ages. My reasonable grounds had a positive decision may 2019. Yes I am supported with charity. How about you?

John200101
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by John200101 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:28 pm

Tina12 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:19 pm
rina wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:08 pm
Tina12 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:03 pm
Jalalleo wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:57 pm
Updated: Today I received my 30 months leave to Remain.
I made application 19 months ago.
Biometrics done 9weeks ago
Wish you all the same outcome
Congrats Jalalleo.
My Update: Last month received my 5 years leave to remain
Screening done in February
Interview in August
Wishing you all the best
@Tina, can you please give us a brief history of your case? Still confused as had my screening in march and still haven't received an invitation for an interview or anything? Quite depressing really.
Hi Rina, I'm the username Tina28, just changed the username cos wasn't able to login with my previous username,lol. I was guessing that you have received a letter for your interview as mine was about 6 months after I claim asylum.

I've came to the UK with visitor visa twice. In the last visa a made asylum claim. Lived here with my partner and got pregnant. I was pregnant when I was claiming asylum and had my baby born here too.
Hope you receive your letter from the HO soon.
Hi @Tina12
Congratulations on your grant.
Could you kindly elaborate on what exactly your claim was based on?🙏🏾
And do you have a British child which also aided your application? because it seems we might have similar claim.
It's been two and half month since I had main interview and no decision yet. And were you granted refugee or humanitarian protection?
Thanks

Samikam
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Samikam » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:26 pm

Am being supported and waiting for conclusive decision 20 months now......the wait is horrible

jay287
United Kingdom

Post by jay287 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:42 pm

Samikam wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:26 pm
Am being supported and waiting for conclusive decision 20 months now......the wait is horrible

Let’s carry on praying.. did you try to apply for right to work?

Samikam
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Samikam » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:13 pm

No.my support worker said it will be difficult to get one..

Samikam
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Samikam » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:15 pm

But with nrm, the longer you wait,there is a high possibility you get a positive decision.

jay287
United Kingdom

Post by jay287 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:21 pm

Samikam wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:15 pm
But with nrm, the longer you wait,there is a high possibility you get a positive decision.
Do you live in there accommodation?

Samikam
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Samikam » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:23 pm

Yes

jay287
United Kingdom

Post by jay287 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:29 pm

Samikam wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:23 pm
Yes

Which accommodation do you live? I am on section 95. I get charity and ho support but I live with a friend. I am looking for applying for there accommodation, is there accommodation okay?

Samikam
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Samikam » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:18 am

Home office accommodation section 4

jay287
United Kingdom

Post by jay287 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:37 am

Samikam wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:18 am
Home office accommodation section 4
Did you get somewhere where you chose?location wise.

Aleeza
Pakistan

Post by Aleeza » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:55 pm

Plz help!!
Its been 1year and 2 months since I claimed fresh asylum on basisbof human rights,but I have not got main interview yet.I am living in private accomodation.Does taking NASS support and accomodation matters earlier decision?