ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (LR) Online Application - Document Queries - URGENT

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

harsh085
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

SET (LR) Online Application - Document Queries - URGENT

Post by harsh085 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:00 pm

Hi,

Can someone please help us to understand few points in order to make SET(LR) application - Based on 10 Years legal stay in UK

1) At the end of online application, we are no longer able to choose 5days or 2days Premium service. The system is automatically choosing 6months postal service.
We are shown "Service Update" Message as below:
We are currently experiencing high demand for appointments for our UK visa service and citizen service centre which means you may have to wait longer than usual for an available appointment. Appointments are made available across the UK as soon as possible. we apologise for inconvenience and assure you that you have up to 45 working days to book an appointment once your application form has been submitted"
Can anyone please advise if we go ahead an make postal application we will be still able to make premium 2days or 5days appointment?
What does above message means?

2) In the list of documents, UKBA asking us to produce document as below:
“Evidence you have to prove the relationship with your spouse and correspondence addressed either to you jointly, or in both of your names, or addressed individually to you at the same address to cover the LAST TWO YEARS.”
But we are only married since June 2018. We do not have 2 years documents. What do we do? We have joint account, same address documents since we are married in June 2018 but nothing prior to it.
3) My wife has lost her previous passport that she used initially to travel to UK. Her new passport has stamp from Indian High Commission that her passport was lost with previous passport number. We also have police complaint number.
What we would do in this case when online application asking us to submit all previous passports with stamp of UK visa?
Your help and guidance is truly appreciated.
We are aiming to make application soon so someone out there please help if you have any knowledge on above.

Many thanks
Harsh

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: SET (LR) Online Application - Document Queries - URGENT

Post by zimba » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:28 pm

1. There is NO postal route application AT ALL. All applicants must book an appointment with UKVCAS and attend an appointment. All documents are scanned and no original is taken. At the moment only standard service is offered (no super priority)
READ: indefinite-leave-to-remain/online-appli ... 70084.html

2. Ignore that. SET(LR) has nothing to do with your spouse or relationship.

3. Submit police report or cover letter explaining this
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

harsh085
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by harsh085 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:55 pm

Hi Zimba,

Many thanks for your prompt reply.
I believe based on your information, we can submit online application selecting "Standard" postal service with fees of £2408 and later in stage we will be able to opt out for premium service?!
is that correct understanding?

appreciate your guidence

thank you - harsh

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:57 pm

later in stage we will be able to opt out for premium service?!
No, it is not correct. There is no longer an option to "upgrade" to premium etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:07 pm

harsh085 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:55 pm
Hi Zimba,

Many thanks for your prompt reply.
I believe based on your information, we can submit online application selecting "Standard" postal service with fees of £2408 and later in stage we will be able to opt out for premium service?!

appreciate your guidence

thank you - harsh
There is NO POSTAL route. There is NO premium center. Therefore there is no upgrade option.

ALL applicants must book and attend a UKVCAS appointment regardless of the service they choose. Standard service simply has a slower turnaround
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

harsh085
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by harsh085 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:14 pm

Hi Zimba,

i understood.
apologies for using incorrect termonology.
i always meant ONLINE APPLICATION but expressed it incorrectly.

we would like to opt out for service that is quick instead waiting for up to 6 months.
since you are saying that there in no longer "Premium service" i believe we will have to go ion route of 6months time line.

thank you again,

harsh

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:19 pm

Standard service is about 8 to 10 weeks. It is rare these days for applications to take 6 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:20 pm

You will be offered standard or super priority only. As you found out, currently super priority is NOT offered.

emma11
United Kingdom

Post by emma11 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:00 pm

You can try doing a random check on their website at different times (I tried around 2am) you might be lucky to get a priority slot.

harsh085
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by harsh085 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:22 pm

Hi All,

thank you for your guidence.
We have now manage to get 2days/24hours service.
We had to log in our application Early in the morning and the option was available before we submit application.

I have one more urgent request>
Does any one has FORMAT of "Stolen previous passport" to go with our application?

Please help

thank you
Harsh

harsh085
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by harsh085 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:58 am

Hi All,

thank you for your support and Guidence.
We have now received email confirming that OUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN GRANTED

THANK YOU ALL

HAPPY TO GUIDE ANYONE ELSE IF THEY NEED INFORMATION ON SET (LR) application