ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents supporting other reasons to stay in the UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

roanne15

Documents supporting other reasons to stay in the UK

Post by roanne15 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:02 pm

Good evening all

I have submitted my husbands application for FLR after 2.5 years spouse visa. My question is on the check list there is a box stating "documents supporting other reasons to stay in the UK" would a cover letter from myself and my husband explaining our family ties and life together including financial commitments suffice as the supporting document

Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Documents supporting other reasons to stay in the UK

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:37 pm

roanne15 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:02 pm
Good evening all

I have submitted my husbands application for FLR after 2.5 years spouse visa. My question is on the check list there is a box stating "documents supporting other reasons to stay in the UK" would a cover letter from myself and my husband explaining our family ties and life together including financial commitments suffice as the supporting document

Thank you
That question until near past was only restricted to simply asking in words the other reasons to stay in UK. Asking to provide the supporting documents regarding it might be a new addition or maybe checklist covers wide range of other applications under family route too without distinguishing yours.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

geoeng
Canada

Re: Documents supporting other reasons to stay in the UK

Post by geoeng » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:42 am

roanne15 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:02 pm
Good evening all

Thank you
I said there were no other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK entirely to avoid having to deal with this situation. My guess is the intent of this question is to give the applicant the opportunity to document and explain any exceptional circumstances they wish to have considered with their application; if you meet all of the standard requirements, I suspect the answer to this question doesn't actually matter much so a cover letter would probably be sufficient even if just to satisfy the checklist (though it could also just be optional documentation).
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.