ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

miss peppa
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse visa

Post by miss peppa » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:50 pm

Hello I need some advice...
I was preciously married at age of 21 and got divorced at 24 years old to a Nigerian man he was living in the uk but but he was on student visa then we got married he got him leave to remain whilst we married...
Our marriage broke down in 2013 due to me falling in love with another man in Jamaica and we recently got married in 2019 and I have now applied for family settlement visa/spouse visa for my husband in September.. Will my pervious marriage affect my current plans with my husband...

miss peppa
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa

Post by miss peppa » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:51 pm

miss peppa wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:50 pm
Hello I need some advice...
I was preciously married at age of 21 and got divorced at 24 years old to a Nigerian man he was living in the uk but but he was on student visa then we got married he got him leave to remain whilst we married...
Our marriage broke down in 2013 due to me falling in love with another man in Jamaica and we recently got married in 2019 and I have now applied for family settlement visa/spouse visa for my husband in September.. Will my pervious marriage affect my current plans with my husband...

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:58 pm

Not if you meet all the requirements for a spouse visa, including proof of a genuine and subsisting relationship.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

miss peppa
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by miss peppa » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:15 pm

Well I have sent over 60pics ranging from 2013 till this this current year also what app messages also Facebook posts WesternUnion transactions from 2014 also till this current date plane tickets and my wedding photos.. I just hope this enough

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:01 pm

miss peppa wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:15 pm
Well I have sent over 60pics ranging from 2013 till this this current year also what app messages also Facebook posts WesternUnion transactions from 2014 also till this current date plane tickets and my wedding photos.. I just hope this enough
What about the other requirements such as English language, accomodation and income/saving.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

miss peppa
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by miss peppa » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:00 pm

Jamaica is an English speaking country so they don’t need to do an English test and I sent in my tenancy agreement to them as I live in a one bedroom apartment and I don’t have any children..

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:10 pm

miss peppa wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:00 pm
Jamaica is an English speaking country so they don’t need to do an English test and I sent in my tenancy agreement to them as I live in a one bedroom apartment and I don’t have any children..
Tenancy agreement without landlord's noc letter giving permission to your partner to live there would be insufficient. Also you should have been earning at least £18600 per year or have 6 months old savings of £62500 or claiming benefits.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

miss peppa
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by miss peppa » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:14 pm

Well lawyer said I did not need to ask my housing association Permission if my husband can live in my house all i had to is to notify them when he’s has moved in.. I sent my bank statements showing and proof of income and savings...

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:21 pm

miss peppa wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:14 pm
Well lawyer said I did not need to ask my housing association Permission if my husband can live in my house all i had to is to notify them when he’s has moved in.. I sent my bank statements showing and proof of income and savings...

11. MAA11 Adequacy of accommodation

The ECO’s judgement should be based on the evidence from the applicant. If the ECO is not sure of the credibility of the applicant, he / she should ask to see a letter from the owner of the property (which may be a housing authority, housing association, landlord or a building society). This should confirm particulars of tenure and occupation of the dwelling, together with a description of the accommodation and, if rented, a copy of the lease.

The onus is on the applicant to provide confirmation that there is no objection to an additional resident moving into the accommodation.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ion-maa--2

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:21 pm

miss peppa wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:14 pm

11. MAA11 Adequacy of accommodation

The ECO’s judgement should be based on the evidence from the applicant. If the ECO is not sure of the credibility of the applicant, he / she should ask to see a letter from the owner of the property (which may be a housing authority, housing association, landlord or a building society). This should confirm particulars of tenure and occupation of the dwelling, together with a description of the accommodation and, if rented, a copy of the lease.

The onus is on the applicant to provide confirmation that there is no objection to an additional resident moving into the accommodation.

miss peppa
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by miss peppa » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:37 pm

he ECO’s judgement should be based on the evidence from the applicant. If the ECO is not sure of the credibility of the applicant, he / she should ask to see a letter from the owner of the property (which may be a housing authority, housing association, landlord or a building society). This should confirm particulars of tenure and occupation of the dwelling, together with a description of the accommodation and, if rented, a copy of the lease.

This reads to me if the Eco is not sure about the creditably of the applicant he should ask MAYBE to see a letter from the housing association/ Housing Authorities confirm particulars of tenure and occupation of the dwelling, together with a description of the accommodation and, if rented, a copy of the lease.

Key word is Maybe!!! As I sent a copy of house full housing tenancy this should sufficient and if not the decision will email and ask for more evidence.. No where does it so my application will be denied..

TomacBlue
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by TomacBlue » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:05 pm

I believe this question has been answered now. Just to reiterate previous answers - it won't affect your current application provided you prove a genuine and subsisting relationship, as well as meeting the other requirements.

Thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:21 pm

TomacBlue wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:05 pm
- it won't affect your current application provided you prove a genuine and subsisting relationship, as well as meeting the other requirements.

Thanks.
These won't work over meeting the accomodation requirement and without landlord/housing association's permission in writing the requirement can't be met.

miss peppa
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by miss peppa » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:29 pm

I as I said I went though an immigration lawyer and they said proof my accommodation and tenancy was sufficient you are not a qualified immigration lawyer or EC0 and I never asked your opinion my proof of accommodation my initial question was about me being married previously...

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:41 pm

miss peppa wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:29 pm
I as I said I went though an immigration lawyer and they said proof my accommodation and tenancy was sufficient you are not a qualified immigration lawyer or EC0 and I never asked your opinion my proof of accommodation my initial question was about me being married previously...
No worries feel free to ignore the given opinion but do let the board knows the outcome to benefit others.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:08 am

miss peppa wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:29 pm
Suggest don't assume that members of the forum are not qualified in any way to give advice.

As you have a lawyer, I suggest you ask them for further advice on your queries (you are obviously paying the lawyer) if you don't want any opinions from many experienced forum members, who are all unpaid volunteers helping others in their free time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

TomacBlue
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by TomacBlue » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:13 am

seagul wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:21 pm
TomacBlue wrote:
- it won't affect your current application provided you prove a genuine and subsisting relationship, as well as meeting the other requirements.

Thanks.
These won't work over meeting the accomodation requirement and without landlord/housing association's permission in writing the requirement can't be met.
As long as the applicant provides proof of a genuine and subsisting relationship, as well as meeting the other criteria then the applicant shall qualify.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:54 am

TomacBlue wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:13 am
seagul wrote:
TomacBlue wrote:

Thanks.
As long as the applicant provides proof of a genuine and subsisting relationship, as well as meeting the other criteria then the applicant shall qualify.
6. MAA6 Accommodation: general requirements
The ECO must be satisfied as to:

"The availability and adequacy of accommodation (see MAA14 below).
That (where applicable) the permission of the owner of the accommodation has been given
No additional public funds will be necessary for accommodating the applicant in cases where the sponsor lives in accommodation from public funds. (see guidance on public funds - MAA2)"

One can only hope that the immigration 'lawyer' isn't also unaware of the other requirements in the Immigration Rules :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

TomacBlue
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by TomacBlue » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:23 pm

Casa wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:54 am
TomacBlue wrote:
seagul wrote:
TomacBlue wrote:

Thanks.

That (where applicable) the permission of the owner of the accommodation has been given
No additional public funds will be necessary for accommodating the applicant in cases where the sponsor lives in accommodation from public funds. (see guidance on public funds - MAA2)"

One can only hope that the immigration 'lawyer' isn't also unaware of the other requirements in the Immigration Rules :idea:
That's exactly what I was saying in my first post. As long as the other requirements are met (as well as the one you have listed) then the applicant shall qualify.

It isn't difficult to understand we're saying the same thing.
Last edited by TomacBlue on Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:42 pm

TomacBlue wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:23 pm
Casa wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:54 am
TomacBlue wrote:
seagul wrote:

That's exactly what I was saying in my first post. As long as the other requirements are met (as well as the one you have listed) then the applicant shall qualify.

It isn't difficult to understand we're saying the same thing.
It is only you who is totally misunderstanding it. The one you are saying comes under subsisting relationship and the one about which op/you have been advised relates to meet the accomodation requirements. And for the success of visa the both requirements will need to be met and UKVI caseworker is chained up with their policy who excercise no discretion.

miss peppa
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by miss peppa » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:38 am

seagul wrote:
TomacBlue wrote:

Thanks.

JUST TO LET YOU KNOW MY HUSBANDS VISA WAS GRANTED!!! AND I DID NOT GET A LETTER FROM MY HOUSE HOUSING ASSOCIATION THE TENACY AGREEMENT WAS ENOUGH

miss peppa
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by miss peppa » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:41 am

Just to let everyone the visa was granted with and letter from my housing association.... I’m giving god the glory