ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

3 year old applying for BC under online MN1 application child consent

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RMasin
Newly Registered
India

Reg naturalisation for a child born in the Uk for non Settled patents

Post by RMasin » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:40 am

Dear,
Please guide me

My scenario is
I entered UK in 2010 as student and switched to tier 2 in 2014 and obtained my ILR in Feb 2019.
My wife came to UK as PBS dependent in 2015 Dec.
My son born in the UK in 2016.
Currently my both my wife and son are on Tier 2 dependent visas which are due to expire in Feb 2020.
Recently came across MN1 and section 1(3)of BNA 1981.
I was wondering is it ok to apply for my sons British citizenship as a child whose parent now has settled status.
Also lastly can you clarify on number of days leave of absence from the UK for the child before applying for citizenship. My child was out of UK from mid Sep 2017 to End of May 2018.
Please please guide me with this

With regards
RMas

secret.simon

Re: Reg naturalisation for a child born in the Uk for non Settled patents

Post by secret.simon » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:50 am

RMasin wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:40 am
obtained my ILR in Feb 2019
RMasin wrote:
My son born in the UK in 2016
RMasin wrote:
is it ok to apply for my sons British citizenship as a child whose parent now has settled status.
Yes. The child is entitled (i.e. cannot be refused) to be registered as a British citizen as they were born in the UK.
RMasin wrote:
can you clarify on number of days leave of absence from the UK for the child before applying for citizenship.
No limit on absence.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

RMasin
Newly Registered
India

Re: Reg naturalisation for a child born in the Uk for non Settled patents

Post by RMasin » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:44 am

Thank you

RMasin
Newly Registered
India

3 year old applying for BC under online MN1 application child consent

Post by RMasin » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:03 pm

Dear team,

Please assist me,
I am in the process of applying for registration of my 3 year old as British citizen, under child born in the UK and parent obtained ILR.
My query is about what to do with the page 3 of consent form where they are asking for child consent- given my son 3 years old should I write N/A or leave it blank or shall I sign and put father
Please guide me with this

Regards
Rmasina