ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Best way to or how exactly to apply for spouse visa?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Denim542
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Best way to or how exactly to apply for spouse visa?

Post by Denim542 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:58 am

Glad to hear really. Makes things simple.

This does still leave me with some questions I have. I've not started the application yet so I am guessing what they require fully, but will I be free to upload literally everything I have prepared or is there a certain "upload this" and "upload that" list on the application and that's all?

I assume I will need my wife to scan her passport and send me the file for me to upload. Will she need to scan all pages or just the photo page will be enough?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:07 am

Why have you registered a second username to continue asking questions? This is not permitted on the forum.

member/Revlimo88/

announcements/multiple-member-id-s-t11811.html
Administrator wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:46 pm

This is forbidden activity.

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Denim542
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Denim542 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:19 am

I was/am posting from work and at the time couldn't locate the username/email/pass even so I registered again. Nothing malicious intended..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:22 am

Both usernames posting from the exact same IP address, so presumably from the same location.

Which username do you wish to keep so that all your topics can be merged and one username deactivated??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Denim542
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Denim542 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:29 am

I can keep this one, sorry about that.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:43 am

Denim542 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:58 am
but will I be free to upload literally everything I have prepared or is there a certain "upload this" and "upload that" list on the application and that's all?
It will be your responsibility to scan every vital documents either you scan yourself (if you gets that option) or use ukvcas/vfs scanning service. Also remember that staff at vfs/ukvcas aren't immigration staff. There are numerous threads are searchable as what to include.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Denim542
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Denim542 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:12 am

Hi all

We are currently filling out appendix 2 form (VAF A4)

Am I correct in leaving question 3.22 blank as I have marked yes for the above (3.21) and I have been employed by the same employer for more than 6 months so the if question is not the case. What's the best way to answer this question? I'm applying based on UK salaried catA

"If your sponsor has not been employed y the same employer for 6 months prior to the application does their total income (before tax) from salaried employment received in the 12 months prior to your application meet or exceed the financial requirement you must meet?"

uj95
United Kingdom

Post by uj95 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:19 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:27 am
Denim542 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:46 am
Yes, but I thought there were some documents they wanted to only see originals. By scanning it at home online do they still require originals? Maybe I am mistaking things.
The era of sending/posting hard-copy original documents to HO/Sheffield is gone. The scanned documents from home or VAC is what they accept now. They will use same for their verification/checks so ensure all you send is in good standing.
Does that mean I can upload the original PDF (bank statements, WhatsApp logs) directly without having to print out and scan them?

Alna3569
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Alna3569 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:26 am

uj95 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:19 am
AmazonianX wrote:
Denim542 wrote:
Yes, but I thought there were some documents they wanted to only see originals. By scanning it at home online do they still require originals? Maybe I am mistaking things.
The era of sending/posting hard-copy original documents to HO/Sheffield is gone. The scanned documents from home or VAC is what they accept now. They will use same for their verification/checks so ensure all you send is in good standing.
Does that mean I can upload the original PDF (bank statements, WhatsApp logs) directly without having to print out and scan them?
That's what I've done , self uploaded the documents online . It is time consuming and VFS website can be improved but it does save £75!

uj95
United Kingdom

Post by uj95 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:17 pm

Alna3569 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:26 am
uj95 wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:
Denim542 wrote:
That's what I've done , self uploaded the documents online . It is time consuming and VFS website can be improved but it does save £75!
Thanks so much for letting me know. I was preparing myself to printing off hundreds of pages just to scan them, when in reality I can now just upload them directly online. What do we do about passport? That will obviously need to be scanned, all pages or just the photo page?

Alna3569
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Alna3569 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:33 pm

uj95 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:17 pm
Alna3569 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:26 am
uj95 wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:

Thanks so much for letting me know. I was preparing myself to printing off hundreds of pages just to scan them, when in reality I can now just upload them directly online. What do we do about passport? That will obviously need to be scanned, all pages or just the photo page?
Yeah if it is sponsor passport you are talking about then yes that can be scanned and uploaded , I mean you don't really need to upload each page of the passport but if you have travel history stamps which you need to provide as an evidence then yes you can scan the stamp pages too.
Other than that you only need to provide photo page , make sure it's in color and good quality.

Denim542
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Denim542 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:20 pm

Hmm, I not too sure about that. What's the point of the requirement to stamp all pages if the same PDF file is accepted without it being stamped..

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:04 pm

Denim542 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:20 pm
Hmm, I not too sure about that. What's the point of the requirement to stamp all pages if the same PDF file is accepted without it being stamped..
For bank statements? They are only required to be stamped if not on official bank stationery or accompanied by a letter on bank stationery confirming their authenticity. So PDF statements that are the same as ones that would be received in the post anyway still meet the requirement.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:06 pm

It appears poster Alna3569 is referring to travel history stamps on a passport as mentioned in their post; not stamps on other documents.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

uj95
United Kingdom

Post by uj95 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:10 am

Does anyone have any experience of how the sponsor can obtain a copy of the English Test/TB Test/Passport copy of the applicant if applying on their behalf?

Can a photo of it be taken from the applicant in Pakistan and sent to the Sponsor in UK to self-upload or does a copy need to be posted to the applicant in UK?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:14 am

uj95 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:10 am
Does anyone have any experience of how the sponsor can obtain a copy of the English Test/TB Test/Passport copy of the applicant if applying on their behalf?

Can a photo of it be taken from the applicant in Pakistan and sent to the Sponsor in UK to self-upload or does a copy need to be posted to the applicant in UK?
Instead of hijacking another members thread with your own questions which is considered rude and unfair to the OP, either start your own topic or continue in your own thread if you already have one.

See point 12 in the FAQs link below.

announcements/read-me-getting-started-t ... 24804.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)