ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR FP as ex HM forces refused

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sajd97
BANNED
Bangladesh

FLR FP as ex HM forces refused

Post by Sajd97 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:38 am

Dear All

I would like to want advice from you and it would be highly appreciated.

I had applied FLR (FP) As Ex HM Forces Royal Navy but application had been refused because of the case was not strong enough as I have applied by myself.

However, but the Home Office give me two options.

1. Appeal in 14 days.

2. If you think you have legitimate reason why we should allow you to stay in the uk you need make an application and you need to tell us as soon as you can.

However, I have talk with one the immigration lawyers who said to go for appeal.

But I would like to make another fresh application with strong case as medical discharge from HM Firces.

Would like to give your opinion please which one should be the best Tactic.

Look forward to see your answer.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR FP as ex HM forces refused

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:38 am

Please do not post this query in the ukcvas super priority topic. Your post was split to its own thread as it is not relevant in the other topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:53 am

Sajd97 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:38 am
Dear All

I had applied FLR (FP) As Ex HM Forces Royal Navy but application had been refused because of the case was not strong enough as I have applied by myself.

1. Appeal in 14 days.

2. If you think you have legitimate reason why we should allow you to stay in the uk you need make an application and you need to tell us as soon as you can.

However, I have talk with one the immigration lawyers who said to go for appeal.

But I would like to make another fresh application with strong case as medical discharge from HM Firces.

Maybe you haven't served for at least 4 years otherwise might proceed to settlement. Maybe you can still apply on basis of medical discharge.

https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/y/y ... -hm-forces
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:05 pm

When did you leave the Navy?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Sajd97
BANNED
Bangladesh

Post by Sajd97 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:09 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:53 am
Sajd97 wrote:
Dear All

1. Appeal in 14 days.

Maybe you haven't served for at least 4 years otherwise might proceed to settlement. Maybe you can still apply on basis of medical discharge.

Thank you for your advise.

One person advised me before to apply SET O as medical discharge member of the HM armed Forces as I did not complete 4 years service so I will not eligible to apply ILR (AF).

Do you any ideas about that?

Sajd97
BANNED
Bangladesh

Post by Sajd97 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:14 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:05 pm
FEBRUARY 28th 2019. That time I had applied flr af but the home office granted 6 months leave outside the rules as my medical discharge reason was not att

Sajd97
BANNED
Bangladesh

Post by Sajd97 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:14 pm

Sajd97 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:14 pm
secret.simon wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:05 pm
FEBRUARY 28th 2019.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:15 pm

A previous post of youtsr elsewhere on the forum also suggests that HO told you your medical discharge was noy related to your HM navy service.

What exactly is the medical issue?

How long exactly were you in the navy?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:23 pm

Sajd97 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:09 pm
seagul wrote:
Sajd97 wrote:
Dear All

1. Appeal in 14 days.

One person advised me before to apply SET O as medical discharge member of the HM armed Forces as I did not complete 4 years service so I will not eligible to apply ILR (AF).

It shouldn't be SET O but FLR AF. You can read about it and ILR AF in full detail at point 6 of following:

https://aff.org.uk/advice/foreign-commo ... discharge/
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Sajd97
BANNED
Bangladesh

Post by Sajd97 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:40 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:23 pm
Sajd97 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:09 pm
seagul wrote:
Sajd97 wrote:
Dear All

1. Appeal in 14 days.

It shouldn't be SET O but FLR AF. You can read about it and ILR AF in full detail at point 6 of following:

https://aff.org.uk/advice/foreign-commo ... discharge/
I had applied FLR AF but where they grant me 6 months leave outside the rules as the medical reason was not attributable to the service,on June 2019 and advised me on the decision letter to apply under ECHR 8.

Then I applied FL FP which is refused where the case worker advised me if you think you have legitimate reason to remain in the uk why we should allow you to stay then make new application.

I saw on the website SET o eligibility where I saw have been medical discharge or 4 years service.

Therefore I am looking advise. Your advise would be highly appreciated.

Look forward to see you further advise.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:26 pm

Better to copy paste the refusal reasons by deleting your personal details and also tell that what private family life you have in UK such as any British child or British partner. So that someone can advise you more better.