ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

invitation letter

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

klein2019xxx
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

invitation letter

Post by klein2019xxx » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:33 pm

hi i have a limited leave to remain in uk as a parent ,can i invite some one from uganda to come to uk to visit me ,by sending an invitation letter to that person ,with all the required document to apply for a visitors visa

legalalien
United Kingdom

Re: invitation letter

Post by legalalien » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:59 pm

Hi
From experience the letter can help support an application but we had my spouse mother visit visa refused even though we said we will cover all expenses. Their refusal is based on her status in her country of residence in terms of jobs/assets so they were not sure if she has enough reasons to return. So my advise is for the person you are inviting to focus on showing the required evidence (employment, funds etc) at home to reassure the case handler that they won’t break the visa conditions.
Hopefully other more experienced members may have better advice