ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EUSS family permit for my spouse

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MaxBao
Newly Registered
Belgium

EUSS family permit for my spouse

Post by MaxBao » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:27 pm

Hi everyone,

I am an EU citizen doing a PhD in the UK. My partner and I got married this summer in Hong Kong (she is Chinese) after 2 years of dating (one year in the UK, and one year of long-distance relationship).

I have applied to get a pre-settled status and with my application number, she was able to apply for a EUSS family permit. She went to the interview in China but it seems that the staffs were not very aware of this brexit-related new family permit. I am concerned because they did not seem to care or understand the requirements related to it.

They made a copy of our original marriage certificate, my passport, my application number, my spouse's passport and ID. They also got pictures of us from the past few years and our many travels to see each other (+ some screenshots of our daily correspondence). They also took my spouse's biometrics.

However, they did not take my proof of residence or ask for my financial situation in the UK as they are not listed in the documents we must provide on the website (https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/eu-set ... ily-permit) and on the pdf of the guidance (https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... e-v2.0.pdf). We actually had to show them these sources as they were quite clueless about it.

Should I worry about my wife's application for a family permit ? If so, what can I do ? If the HO requires more documents, will they just refuse the application or will they contact us and give us the opportunity to provide them ?

Many thanks!

amaherchandani
Mood:
India

Re: EU Settlement Scheme family permit for my spouse

Post by amaherchandani » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:35 pm

When did you apply for it?

MaxBao
Newly Registered
Belgium

Post by MaxBao » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:26 pm

I applied to obtain a (pre)-settled status on the 29th of october. On the same day, we applied online for the EUSS family permit. My wife went today (11th of November) to meet the staffs at a British visa centre in China.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:13 pm

MaxBao wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:26 pm
I applied to obtain a (pre)-settled status on the 29th of october. On the same day, we applied online for the EU Settlement Scheme family permit. My wife went today (11th of November) to meet the staffs at a British visa centre in China.
Presumably she went to the third party agent visa application centre, who are not Home Office staff at all.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MaxBao
Newly Registered
Belgium

Post by MaxBao » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:15 pm

No no. She did go to the official centre that the website told her to go. I gave her the address myself. They really did not know about this family permit. But anyway, is my application incomplete ? Am I heading toward a refusal ? What can I do at this stage ?

EDIT : I realise that it might be a third party visa centre, even though it was one listed in the online application. This might explain why they did not provide good informations. However, I still would like to know if it is a problem and what I can do now.

Leo_one
France

Post by Leo_one » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:27 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:13 pm
MaxBao wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:26 pm
I applied to obtain a (pre)-settled status on the 29th of october. On the same day, we applied online for the EU Settlement Scheme family permit. My wife went today (11th of November) to meet the staffs at a British visa centre in China.
Presumably she went to the third party agent visa application centre, who are not Home Office staff at all.
Hi CR001
I have need information about non EU son having settled status through father status under EU settlement scheme. Can he get marriage in Pakistan and bring his spouse at his own or he is still my dependent. Though he is working and for naturalization he has to wait further 2 years for completion of 5 years in UK. Please tell me what other way he has to apply. Thanks