ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A questing regarding leaving the country

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MillarThriller
Newly Registered
United States of America

A questing regarding leaving the country

Post by MillarThriller » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:18 pm

Hi there,

I have recently applied for my first renewal of my FLR(M) visa. My online application was submitted on 7th October and I attended my biometrics appointment on 29th, October in Glasgow.

I have been following the stickied timeline thread closely to have a general idea as to if it will be possible for me to travel home to the United States with my husband to celebrate Christmas with my family.

One thing that I have noticed from following the thread is that one of two things seems to happen when you receive your acceptance:

A) You receive a letter in the mail stating your answer (approval/denial) and the BRP doesn't arrive until a later date.
B) You receive your BRP in the mail but do not receive the formal letter until a later date.

I understand that leaving the country while having a pending application will result in it being denied/withdrawn. However, I'm wondering if anyone has any insight as to what the rules are in the case of option A occurring. You receive your letter stating approval, but do not receive your BRP until it's time (in my case, the weekend before Christmas) for you to travel outside of the country.

I am quite desperate to spend Christmas with my family, but also quite desperate to remain firmly within the rules and not cause any sort of immigration trouble for myself. Is this approval letter (I have not seen the content of one of these letters so I am unclear on what exactly they state) enough to leave and re-enter the UK without trouble? Or is it absolutely necessary to wait until your BRP has arrived to leave and re-enter?

Also, in the case of option B occurring - my assumption is that receiving a new BRP with a new expiration date is a clear indication of a successful application and I would not need to wait for the letter to arrive. Is this correct?

Many thanks for your help in advance!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: A questing regarding leaving the country

Post by seagul » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:02 pm

Option B will cause no inconvenience because decision letter isn't needed for boarding a flight in contrast of BRP which along with the passport is mandatory. Many applicants in now a days even don't receive the decision letter rather only BRP. Mostly the BRP arrives within few days upon successful decision.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

MillarThriller
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: A questing regarding leaving the country

Post by MillarThriller » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:49 am

Hiya Seagul, thanks for your reply. I figured as much that this would be the case. Appreciate you taking the time out of your day to answer.