ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport application confusion

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Khayj
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

British passport application confusion

Post by Khayj » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:50 pm

Hi guys quick question.

For an online British passport application, how does the countersignatory confirm your identity?

On the guidance it states, that the person countersigning would need to sign the form and the back of the pp size photo taken, as well as give information about themselves.

But yesterday when I started the online application it says that I would need to provide a digital photo (I’ve already taken PP size photos :|) and that the countersignatory can confirm my details through email.

So I if it is ok, would someone be able share their experience of the process of their online application with me? What information do generally you need?

I think the information provided in the guidance is mainly aimed towards people making paper applications.

Many thanks.

BigMo
United Kingdom

Re: British passport application confusion

Post by BigMo » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:11 pm

Hey, I recently went through the online application process. You need to upload a digital photo (either a soft copy you have, or you can get a photo at the photo booths with unique access code - enter the code as part of your online application and it will automatically upload it to the application).

As part of online process, you will be asked to provide details (name, email address) of the person who can confirm your identity. They will need some information about you (name, address etc), and need to meet the criteria (being professional etc). Once you confirm, they will receive an email asking them to confirm your identity. They will access the link through the email they receive, and it takes like 2 mins to do the identification.

Once they have confirmed identity, you will receive an email asking you to send the documents (including details on where to send them).

Hope this helps!

Khayj
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: British passport application confusion

Post by Khayj » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:28 pm

BigMo wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:11 pm
Hey, I recently went through the online application process. You need to upload a digital photo (either a soft copy you have, or you can get a photo at the photo booths with unique access code - enter the code as part of your online application and it will automatically upload it to the application).

As part of online process, you will be asked to provide details (name, email address) of the person who can confirm your identity. They will need some information about you (name, address etc), and need to meet the criteria (being professional etc). Once you confirm, they will receive an email asking them to confirm your identity. They will access the link through the email they receive, and it takes like 2 mins to do the identification.

Once they have confirmed identity, you will receive an email asking you to send the documents (including details on where to send them).

Hope this helps!
Thank you! This has helped a lot and has cleared everything up.
Though I think I may just stick with the paper form as I’ve already taken my PP size photo and really would not want to waste money again to take more.

I think in total the fee would work out to be the same, to be honest.

Thanks so much for your help.