ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does COA give the right to work with no valid visa or brp?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Diagonal won
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Does COA give the right to work with no valid visa or brp?

Post by Diagonal won » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:49 am

Hi all,

I am currently living in the UK on an ancestry visa, which expires on the 18th of November. I had planned to renew this visa, but with the price increases last year, this is no longer an option.

I have applied to the settlement scheme in early October as the primary carer of a British child, and was told before applying that I met the requirements, but when I spoke to the resolution centre yesterday, they advised me that because I have had an ancestry visa in the past, I will most likely be denied, however they thought it would be many months before I got an official rejection.

I had been advised by citizens advice that I am able to remain in the UK until I get an answer, but nobody had a firm answer on whether I could continue working or not. Currently I have told my boss that my last day of work will be the 18th and an preparing to leave the country very quickly after that. I would love to be told different though.

jestew
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Does COA give the right to work with no valid visa or brp?

Post by jestew » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:45 pm

Hi It's hard to know what question you are asking - sorry. The subject of the thread seems to ask something quite simple but your message is quite complex - could you spell out what you'd like answered? It might help getting an answer. Cheers!
09/05/14 EEA FP granted
26/08/14 EEA RP granted
23/08/19 SS Application submitted
24/09/19 Biometrics submitted
06/11/19: CoA
21/11/19: Email that Settled Status granted
22/11/19: BRC by courier