ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tracking after submission

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Izzy99
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

New gov.uk Fiance Application - Relationship Status question and accommodation evidence

Post by Izzy99 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:09 pm

Hi all

Been reading around quite a bit and a lot of useful information here. First post and wondering if I could get some help.

Gender and relationship statu
My Fiancé and I are in the process of completing our application online at the gov.uk website. As a bit of background she is South African and I am a Dual national (UK and South African) and I'll be the Sponsor.

One of the questions asks about your gender and relationship status, however, there is no option for Fiancé. Does anyone know the correct option to select here?

Under relationship status the options are:
  • Single
  • Married or a civil partner
  • Unmarried partner
  • Divorced or civil partnership dissolved
  • Separated
  • Widowed or surviving civil partner

As you can see there is no option for Fiancé so wondering what others have put down.

Accommodation Evidence
On another note, we have completed all the other questions. When you get to the Documents section (section 4 at the top of the page) they don't appear to ask you to attach any documents for your accomidation. Does that mean this list is not a complete list ? I have a tenancy agreement currently and we have a clause in the agreement that states my Fiancé can live with me once she obtains a UK Fiancé Visa and subject to referencing. I've heard a few people say they have asked for a letter of NOC, do you know if this is required or if the tenancy agreement would suffice?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: New gov.uk Fiance Application - Relationship Status question and accommodation evidence

Post by seagul » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:15 pm

Izzy99 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:09 pm
Hi all

Been reading around quite a bit and a lot of useful information here. First post and wondering if I could get some help.

Gender and relationship statu
My Fiancé and I are in the process of completing our application online at the gov.uk website. As a bit of background she is South African and I am a Dual national (UK and South African) and I'll be the Sponsor.

One of the questions asks about your gender and relationship status, however, there is no option for Fiancé. Does anyone know the correct option to select here?

Under relationship status the options are:
  • Single
  • Married or a civil partner
  • Unmarried partner
  • Divorced or civil partnership dissolved
  • Separated
  • Widowed or surviving civil partner

As you can see there is no option for Fiancé so wondering what others have put down.
If neither of you were not divorced before then it should be single
Izzy99 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:09 pm

Accommodation Evidence
On another note, we have completed all the other questions. When you get to the Documents section (section 4 at the top of the page) they don't appear to ask you to attach any documents for your accomidation. Does that mean this list is not a complete list ? I have a tenancy agreement currently and we have a clause in the agreement that states my Fiancé can live with me once she obtains a UK Fiancé Visa and subject to referencing. I've heard a few people say they have asked for a letter of NOC, do you know if this is required or if the tenancy agreement would suffice?
Tenancy agreement and noc letter will be needed. And also property inspection report if you are sharing the accomodation with none-related adults.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Izzy99
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: New gov.uk Fiance Application - Relationship Status question and accommodation evidence

Post by Izzy99 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:16 pm

Thanks for the response greatly appreciated. Understood on the NOC.

With regards to relationship status do you know why this is single. The guidance below notes that single is “you do not consider yourself to be in a relationship”

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:08 pm

Izzy99 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:16 pm

With regards to relationship status do you know why this is single.
Because you haven't yet married.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Izzy99
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Izzy99 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:37 am

Cheers appreciate the response.

Izzy99
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Beginning Fiancé “out of UK” visa in the UK

Post by Izzy99 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:50 am

Hi all

Been taking a look for something similar to this on the forums and haven’t found anything. Wondering if someone may have a similar situation or know about this.

First question: FLR(M) - on the forums people mention “first application of FLR(M)” and it always seems to be for those already married. Can I just confirm that FLR(M) is the same Visa you apply for as a Fiancé too or if there’s a different Visa.

Second Question: The Fiancé Visa should be applied for outside of the UK. I’m the sponsor (currently in the UK) and my fiancé is outside the UK currently.

As my fiancé’s internet connection is quite bad/it’s harder to do on a phone than a laptop I’ve been helping her fill the application in with me on the laptop and her on the phone with me answering questions. When I started I clicked on the correct link (applying from outside the UK) on the gov.uk page, however, I did this while I am in the UK.

Does anyone know if this would have redirected me to the “applying in the UK” form by mistake. Just want to know if other sponsors may have done this. The only reason why I bring this up is because on some of the websites I see references/screenshots to a UKVI purple style pages that looks different the gov.uk white and black pages I’m filling in.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Beginning Fiancé “out of UK” visa in the UK

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:04 am

First question: FLR(M) - on the forums people mention “first application of FLR(M)” and it always seems to be for those already married. Can I just confirm that FLR(M) is the same Visa you apply for as a Fiancé too or if there’s a different Visa.
FLR(M) is not relevant to applications outside the UK. You need to apply for the 6 months fiance visa on VAF4A, costs £1523. Once you are married in the UK, then you apply for the spouse visa on FLR(M), costs £1033 plus £1000 IHS fee.
Second Question: The Fiancé Visa should be applied for outside of the UK. I’m the sponsor (currently in the UK) and my fiancé is outside the UK currently.

As my fiancé’s internet connection is quite bad/it’s harder to do on a phone than a laptop I’ve been helping her fill the application in with me on the laptop and her on the phone with me answering questions. When I started I clicked on the correct link (applying from outside the UK) on the gov.uk page, however, I did this while I am in the UK.

Does anyone know if this would have redirected me to the “applying in the UK” form by mistake. Just want to know if other sponsors may have done this. The only reason why I bring this up is because on some of the websites I see references/screenshots to a UKVI purple style pages that looks different the gov.uk white and black pages I’m filling in.
No it should not direct you to the apply within the UK. Many partners in the UK have completed the form on behalf of their partners.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Izzy99
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Izzy99 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:37 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:04 am
FLR(M) is not relevant to applications outside the UK. You need to apply for the 6 months fiance visa on VAF4A, costs £1523. Once you are married in the UK, then you apply for the spouse visa on FLR(M), costs £1033 plus £1000 IHS fee.

Think I may have been getting confused as when you start the application the first page asks:

Confirm what type of visa you want to apply for from the options below. If you are not sure, use the check if you need a UK visa tool, or see the visas and immigration guidance pages for information.
  • Appendix FM Partner
  • Appendix FM Child

Assuming Appendix FM Partner is correct?

No it should not direct you to the apply within the UK. Many partners in the UK have completed the form on behalf of their partners.
Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:38 am

Assuming Appendix FM Partner is correct?
Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Izzy99
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Issues with further actions you must complete

Post by Izzy99 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:40 pm

Hi all

Myself and my Fiancé have just finished her UK Family Visa (Fiance route) application. We've got to the section that is "Further actions you must complete" and have the following pop up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We are currently experiencing issues with our downloadable document checklist.

This feature has been temporarily disabled and we are working as quickly as possible to fix the problem. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

If this affects you and you are not able to download your checklist, you should download a copy of your application form below and go to the documents section.

You should also bring a copy of this to your “documents and biometrics” appointment.

None of your information will be lost and your application will not be affected.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is anyone else having this problem and or know anything about when it'll be fixed. I'm extremely hesitant to go ahead and submit these documents without the actual checklist.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:28 pm

Izzy99
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Izzy99 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:21 am

seagul wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:28 pm
See similar experience

general-uk-immigration-forum/visitor-vi ... 89064.html
Glad it’s not just me then. Will wait a couple of days and see what happens.

Out of interest how specific is this document checklist? I feel we have everything we need but just a bit worried we forget something especially since I think there’s a declaration form I need to sign as the sponsor which I’m yet to see.

TanJL
United Kingdom

Post by TanJL » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:03 pm

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for this checklist - you should know which documents you need to send & it does state on the application form what documents you are expected to include.
Many people already in the UK are applying for extensions and have the same issue with no checklist but have to apply without it because their visas are due to expire soon. (This has been happening for weeks already I believe)
We just applied recently without it, at the end of the application form it lists expected documents, which is what they suggest you use when the checklist is unavailable.
We just had some confusion over the categories for upload since they are different names under the new system, apparently the checklist would have made it clearer, but we just asked for advice on some forums and uploaded the documents in a way that seemed logical, putting some under more than one category if we were unsure.

Izzy99
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Izzy99 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:24 pm

TanJL wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:03 pm
I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for this checklist - you should know which documents you need to send & it does state on the application form what documents you are expected to include.
Many people already in the UK are applying for extensions and have the same issue with no checklist but have to apply without it because their visas are due to expire soon. (This has been happening for weeks already I believe)
We just applied recently without it, at the end of the application form it lists expected documents, which is what they suggest you use when the checklist is unavailable.
We just had some confusion over the categories for upload since they are different names under the new system, apparently the checklist would have made it clearer, but we just asked for advice on some forums and uploaded the documents in a way that seemed logical, putting some under more than one category if we were unsure.
I see that’s annoying. And did you use the upload function on the website or did you go to a centre? Just asking as you mentioned categories.

TanJL
United Kingdom

Post by TanJL » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:59 am

We used the upload facility on the website, for applications within the UK you have to pay extra to have them scanned at the biometrics appointment. IDK if you have to pay extra outside the UK for this service, but personally I don't trust these people so we scanned and uploaded everything ourselves.
When you scan & upload you have to pick which category you uploading it under, that was where we felt confused at the time.

Izzy99
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Izzy99 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:37 pm

TanJL wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:59 am
We used the upload facility on the website, for applications within the UK you have to pay extra to have them scanned at the biometrics appointment. IDK if you have to pay extra outside the UK for this service, but personally I don't trust these people so we scanned and uploaded everything ourselves.
When you scan & upload you have to pick which category you uploading it under, that was where we felt confused at the time.
It’s the same outside, she needs to pay if she wants them to scan. We’ve heard they’re overly selective at what they scan too so we’re going to do it online. Just so I know is there an actual sponsor form I’m suppose to sign as the sponsor. I remember seeing one a while back when we did our initial research (that was the old UKVI website) but there isn’t one in the document list of the application. Did you or anyone else have one?

DanaMarie
Ireland

Post by DanaMarie » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:41 am

[/quote]
It’s the same outside, she needs to pay if she wants them to scan. We’ve heard they’re overly selective at what they scan too so we’re going to do it online. Just so I know is there an actual sponsor form I’m suppose to sign as the sponsor. I remember seeing one a while back when we did our initial research (that was the old UKVI website) but there isn’t one in the document list of the application. Did you or anyone else have one?
[/quote]

If you mean the SU07 form for Sponsorship Undertaking, that form only gets completed in very specific cases (exceptional circumstances, your spouse is a dependent adult).

TanJL
United Kingdom

Post by TanJL » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:36 pm

Just wanted to let you know that I went back onto the UKVI website where we completed our application form and were able to download our checklist yesterday so that was about a week after we applied online (though I didn't check before that) - so if you keep checking, you may find as well that it becomes available as others have said.
Though nothing on there were any documents we were't planning on including anyway, so wasn't particularly helpful in that respect and it had no information about the correct categories to upload under.

Izzy99
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Submitting Fiancé Visa

Post by Izzy99 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:03 pm

TanJL wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:36 pm
Just wanted to let you know that I went back onto the UKVI website where we completed our application form and were able to download our checklist yesterday so that was about a week after we applied online (though I didn't check before that) - so if you keep checking, you may find as well that it becomes available as others have said.
Though nothing on there were any documents we were't planning on including anyway, so wasn't particularly helpful in that respect and it had no information about the correct categories to upload under.
Thanks for all of the help guys!

Same here the Checklist become available today to us which is in time for the appointment tomorrow but in all honesty as others have mentioned its quite a disappointment. I've outlined below what we plan to include, could anyone please let me know if we've forgotten anything:

- Cover letter written by me - I'm the sponsor
- My Passport (just the bio page)
- fiancé's Passport (all pages)
- fiancé's A1 Language test certificate
- Payslips for the last 3 months including a letter confirming they are authentic
- bank statements showing that the salary over the last 3 months was paid in to my bank account
- letter from current employer confirming my salary, employment, length of employment, type of employment
- signed contract from current employer
- Payslips, bank statements and letter as above but for the 9 months before these 3 (i.e. so a total of 12 months as i moved jobs earlier this year). Also included latest P60
- intention to marry (booking with the registry email)
- Letter from landlord as i rent confirming no objection to my fiancé moving in
- fiancé's TB certificate

Going to still upload relationship evidence so photo's of us together, receipts for gifts, chat history - any guidance on what others have done here would be helpful too.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Submitting Fiancé Visa

Post by seagul » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:49 pm

Izzy99 wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:03 pm
Also included latest P60
Don't include p60 if you have 12 months of payslips because it usually be issued around end of April or beginning of May and contains last year of earnings too which is not relevant to the case.

Izzy99
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Izzy99 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:12 pm

Thanks for all the help guys, all submitted now. She went for her biometrics today, no interview apparently. Got a confirmation email that the application has now be sent to the decision making centre. Guess it’s just a waiting game now. Anyone know what the fiancé visa actual turn around time is at the moment. When we submitted it obviously said upto 12 weeks but assuming that’s the maximum.

TanJL
United Kingdom

Post by TanJL » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:48 am

I think there is a timeline thread you can try and compare to. You can compare to spouse visas, not just other fiance visas but it all depends on your personal situation and sometimes country you apply from.
We though FLR(M) in country was max 8 weeks but were surprised at the appointment they said it was actually 8 weeks to 6 months! Which we'd never read anywhere but typical for HO I guess.

Izzy99
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tracking after submission

Post by Izzy99 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:43 pm

Hi all

As some of you will be aware we submitted our fiancé visa application on the 18 September and provided biometrics on the 25 September.

It’s been around 7 weeks now or 35 working days to be exact and aside from an auto email from Sheffield on the 10th saying they’d received it we’ve not heard anything else. Btw the online TLS tracker showed as received at the DMC long before we got the auto email (but from reading on the forum that seems normal with some people not even receiving that email).

My question is is it normal for things to be so quiet? What have others experienced recently?

EdandJoy
Newly Registered
Romania

Re: Tracking after submission

Post by EdandJoy » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:49 pm

Hi, I was just wondering about the health insurance charges... I've read on the forum and it seems that for FIance Visa we don't have to pay insurance with NHS. I was wondering if we still need an IHS reference number in this case, maybe to show exemption?
My fiancee is from Phillipines, we are now trying to upload all the documents online and then she will go to the VFS center. Very exciting and scarry period :)
Thank you in advance for your answers.
P.S. Did you still include the P60 form? Mine has only the period from Nov '18 to April 19, it's uselles in my opinion but I'm thinking to inlude it there, better safe than sorry, as they say...

Izzy99
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Tracking after submission

Post by Izzy99 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:47 pm

As far as I’m aware the NHS surcharge isn’t required for the fiancé visa (it’s for visas longer than six months).

We didn’t include the p60 in the end.