ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need a letter from previous employer when applying for Flrm(m) under category B?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pce950

Just a few questions before I apply? Much appreciated

Post by pce950 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:54 pm

Hi, I'm just about to apply for my wife (spouse visa) and I'm about to sumbit my online application. Just a few questions would really appreciate your response.

1. I understand that I have to manually fill in appendix2 vaf4a about financial details and salary etc but when I go to the form online it says for outside uk only and it's dates 2013. Do I still use this form if I'm applying for my wife from the UK.? I'm the sponsor (uk resident) and she's obviously abroad. If it Is the correct form in the employer section it asks for email and phone of employer. Is an email compulsory to write down?

2. Do i need to do a sponsorship letter or a covering letter or both? And if so what do I put in this? When we married etc?

3. When I send my passport together with the supporting documents does it need to be attested etc?

4. Once I've submitted the online application I understand that my wife will have to sign two pages and send to me in the UK? Can she courier these to me in the UK before she goes for her biometrics appointment or does she need to print and take these to the biometrics appointment and then send them to me?

5. I get paid every 4 weeks so over a 6 month period I've gotten 7 wage slips (as 4 weeks came twice in June so I got paid twice in June so got two wage slips in June)instead of 6. All 7 cover a 6 month period. Is this ok and do i need to mention this or will it be self explanatory?

Many thanks

metanoia
Pakistan

Re: Just a few questions before I apply? Much appreciated

Post by metanoia » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:40 am

pce950 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:54 pm
Hi, I'm just about to apply for my wife (spouse visa) and I'm about to sumbit my online application. Just a few questions would really appreciate your response.

1. I understand that I have to manually fill in appendix2 vaf4a about financial details and salary etc but when I go to the form online it says for outside uk only and it's dates 2013. Do I still use this form if I'm applying for my wife from the UK.? I'm the sponsor (uk resident) and she's obviously abroad. If it Is the correct form in the employer section it asks for email and phone of employer. Is an email compulsory to write down?
yes it's the correct form,
As your spouse is applying from outside UK you are just filling it and sending documents on her behalf.
You have to provide as much information as available. If your employer doesn't have an email then you can say not available but if it is available there shouldn't be any harm in providing it.

2. Do i need to do a sponsorship letter or a covering letter or both? And if so what do I put in this? When we married etc?
you have to provide a cover letter stating your relationship details, any future plans in brief, how you meet the financial requirement so your spouse will not require public funds once visa is granted and an appendix for documents you are submitting as you are presenting your case to ECO so you need to do so in a way it's easier to understand.

3. When I send my passport together with the supporting documents does it need to be attested etc?
your passport copy needs to certified by a solicitor

4. Once I've submitted the online application I understand that my wife will have to sign two pages and send to me in the UK? Can she courier these to me in the UK before she goes for her biometrics appointment or does she need to print and take these to the biometrics appointment and then send them to me?
she can print 2 copies sign it send 1 to you and other she can take for her appointment. This will not cause any any delay as you have to submit your documents to Sheffield in 2 weeks time from her biometrics appointment

5. I get paid every 4 weeks so over a 6 month period I've gotten 7 wage slips (as 4 weeks came twice in June so I got paid twice in June so got two wage slips in June)instead of 6. All 7 cover a 6 month period. Is this ok and do i need to mention this or will it be self explanatory?
You need to convert your weekly wages into months and explain in appendix 2 and your cover letter. Your employer should also state your wages in accordance to your financial explanation.

I don't have much knowledge about it so hopefully somebody else can explain.

Many thanks
Biometrics Karachi 04/08/17
Decision received 11/10 (Visa refused on subsisting relationship)
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
Decision withdrawn 26/02/18
Decision overturned 29/03/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

pce950

Do I need a letter from previous employer when applying for Flrm(m) under category B?

Post by pce950 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:09 pm

Hi,

Would really appreciate some some advice please.

I am due to apply for my Wife's extension around July time next year.

I am planning on applying for a new job early next year and may get it hopefully with an April start next year. I wont have been in this new new job for 6 months when I apply in July (assuming I get the new job). That's why I will be applying under category B.

I understand that I will have to show 12 months bank statements and wage slips from both old and new job and the total gross earned must be £18600. This is fine and my new job will also be over £18600 hopefully.

My current job is salaried and the new job will be too.

My question is that I have heard that I will need a letter from my previous employer to confirm that I was employed and what I earned etc in that job.

Will I definitely need this and can I request this letter as soon as I leave or will this letter from previous employer have to be obtained in July 2020 or no later than 28 days after the online application?

Has anyone applied under similar circumstances via category B for spouse extension successfully?

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Do I need a letter from previous employer when applying for Flrm(m) under category B?

Post by seagul » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:23 pm

pce950 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:09 pm
Hi,

Would really appreciate some some advice please.

I am due to apply for my Wife's extension around July time next year.

I am planning on applying for a new job early next year and may get it hopefully with an April start next year. I wont have been in this new new job for 6 months when I apply in July (assuming I get the new job). That's why I will be applying under category B.

I understand that I will have to show 12 months bank statements and wage slips from both old and new job and the total gross earned must be £18600. This is fine and my new job will also be over £18600 hopefully.

My current job is salaried and the new job will be too.

My question is that I have heard that I will need a letter from my previous employer to confirm that I was employed and what I earned etc in that job.

Will I definitely need this and can I request this letter as soon as I leave or will this letter from previous employer have to be obtained in July 2020 or no later than 28 days after the online application?

Has anyone applied under similar circumstances via category B for spouse extension successfully?

Thanks
Not everyone gets asked about the employer letter from previous employer but it is always wise to get that before leaving. Also remember you can even apply extension 28 days before completing 30 months since arrived in UK and if you follow that then maybe able to apply through category A because might be working with same old employer by that time.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

pce950

Re: Do I need a letter from previous employer when applying for Flrm(m) under category B?

Post by pce950 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:55 am

Thanks Seagul

I'm still a bit worried if this letter is definitely needed and if others have also done this?

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:08 am

I applied using Category B and went back to my old employer to ask for a letter after I had already left just to be on the safe side.

Whether or not it is definitely needed depends on how you interpret the immigration rules as you could interpret that all salaried employment is required to be accompanied by a letter from the employer. However, the intent of the letter seems to be just to confirm your current salary and how long you have been earning it, so it could also be interpreted that a letter from the employer is not required for jobs not being used to meet the current salary part of Category B. I agree with seagul that it is worth getting a letter when you leave.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

pce950

Post by pce950 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:49 am

Thanks geoeng

Should I get letter from previous employer as soon as I leave or do I have to get letter from previous employer dated no later than 28 days of applying for extension?

So do I get it if I leave in April? Or does letter from previous employer have to be in July when I apply for extension?

Just a bit confused on this

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:02 pm

pce950 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:49 am
Thanks geoeng

Should I get letter from previous employer as soon as I leave or do I have to get letter from previous employer dated no later than 28 days of applying for extension?

So do I get it if I leave in April? Or does letter from previous employer have to be in July when I apply for extension?

Just a bit confused on this
As per common sense that employer letter can't be within 28 days because no employer issues any employment letter when you are not working now for them.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

pce950

Post by pce950 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:39 pm

So if I leave in April I can get a letter from previous employer in May and still apply in July? I dont have to get the previous employer letter in July the month of the application?

I know that the current employer letter will have to be in July?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:43 pm

pce950 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:39 pm
So if I leave in April I can get a letter from previous employer in May and still apply in July? I dont have to get the previous employer letter in July the month of the application?

I know that the current employer letter will have to be in July?
Yes. Have you read that as was written in previous post:
seagul wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:23 pm
Also remember you can even apply extension 28 days before completing 30 months since arrived in UK and if you follow that then maybe able to apply through category A because might be working with same old employer by that time.