ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help Please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dila87
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Help Please

Post by Dila87 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:39 am

Hi All,

my wife applied for married family visa using gov.uk website from outside uk and uploaded all the documents prior to biometric at VFS. this included all my sponsor supporting documents such as accommodation, my income etc.

I did not scan in any sponsor supporting documents from UK VFS center as its already uploaded with original application.

I'm wondering if I do still have to scan from UK VFS scan centers please ?

Kind Regards
Dil

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Help Please

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:16 am

uploaded all the documents prior to biometric at VFS. this included all my sponsor supporting documents such as accommodation, my income etc

I did not scan in any sponsor supporting documents from UK VFS center as its already uploaded with original application.

I'm wondering if I do still have to scan from UK VFS scan centers please ?

Stop wondering, you have done all that is require already.

Dila87
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Dila87 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:23 am

Many Thanks AmazonianX , :D :D
it was bit confusing as email from UKVI says upload supporting documents by sponsor from uk.
Really stressful time, the waiting game. :x :x

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:19 pm

No you don't need to as you have already uploaded all the supporting documents.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Dila87
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Dila87 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:19 pm

Hi Admin,
I just received new email saying application currently been considered. with new reference starts with VAF,
However I have received another email from UKVI saying similar thing with GWF number. please see both emails below.
Would you kindly shed some light on reason for this please,

I applied for priority visa on 23rd Oct, Bio-metric on 24th Oct

First letter was on 25th Oct,
"Dear <applicant name>

Regarding Visa Application: GWF<numbers>

Thank you for your online application which has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

PLEASE NOTE: This email is to acknowledge receipt of your Settlement application, if you or your UK sponsor have not already submitted your supporting documentation please ensure you follow the process listed below: UKVI is unable to consider your application without these documents.

Your sponsor or an agent can submit supporting documents in the UK at various locations in person for a fee of £75 per application, payable in cash or with a debit card. For these locations please refer to:

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pk/en/news/ ... ement-visa

Please note that UKVI aims to complete all Settlement Visa applications within 12 weeks of the submission date. If it is not possible to complete your application within this timeframe a member of our team will contact you to explain why.
If you have paid for Priority Service we aim to complete your application within 6 weeks of your submission date. If it is not possible to complete your application within this timeframe a member of our team will contact you to explain why.
As indicated in the terms of service, the amount paid for the priority service, as well as the visa fee, is non-refundable, even if the visa application is refused or if the decision is delayed.

We regret that we are unable to respond to enquiries asking about the status of any application. Any status enquiry should be made to the international enquiry service, details of which are on the GOV.UK website;
https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk
Staff at Embassies, visa processing centres and visa application centres cannot assist with visa enquiries. You may also wish to view the current processing times for applications made in your country:
https://www.gov.uk/visa-processing-times
We will not contact you again unless we require any further information regarding your application, otherwise you will be contacted by the commercial partner at the application centre where you submitted your application when your decision is ready for collection.

Please note that you are advised not to purchase flight tickets until you have secured a visa for travel to the UK.

Kind regards,

UK Decision Making Centre

This is an automated message - please do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. UKVI contact details can be found at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

This email is intended for the addressee(s) only. All messages sent and received by the Foreign & Commonwealth Office may be monitored in line with relevant UK legislation
available at https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... on-charter

"

Second Email today 14th Nov

"Dear <applicant name>,

Regarding Visa Application: GWF<number>
For: <applicant name>

Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

If you have made a Settlement application (except for applications lodged in USA and Canada): you must ensure that your UK sponsor has sent all relevant supporting documentation to the UK Decision Making Centre in Sheffield. The documents should be arranged in this order: application form and relevant Appendix* (See below); English language evidence; relationship documents; maintenance documents; accommodation documents. If documents are not received a decision will be taken on the basis on the information that has been provided.

If you have already had your supporting documents scanned in at the Visa Application Centre, or if you have already sent them in to us, please ignore the request for documents.

Please note that UKVI aims to complete all Visit and Points Based System Visa applications within 15 working days and all Settlement Visa applications within 12 weeks of the application date. If it is not possible to complete your application within this timeframe a member of our team will contact you to explain why.

If you have paid for Priority Service, your application will be placed in front of the queue and assessed ahead of other non-priority visa applications others but may still take 12 weeks to conclude if we require further time to consider the application. As indicated in the terms of service, the amount paid for the priority service, as well as the visa fees, is not refundable if the visa application is refused or if the decision is delayed.

We regret that we are unable to respond to enquiries asking about the status of any application. Any status enquiry should be made to the international enquiry service, details of which are on the GOV.UK website. Staff at Embassies, visa processing centres and visa application centres cannot assist with visa enquiries. You may also wish to view the current processing times for applications made in your country.

If your application was made in a Visa Application Centre, the staff there will contact you when your documents are ready – please do not attend the Centre until you are requested to do so.

Please note that you are advised not to purchase flight tickets until you have secured a visa for travel to the UK.

*List of Appendices:
Appendix 1 - Children / Other Dependants
Appendix 2 - Spouse / Partner
Appendix 4 - Pre-flight family members of Refugees
Appendix 5 - Access Rights to Child

Further information is also available on the UK visas and immigration website.

Kind regards,

UK Decision Making Centre

This is an automated message - please do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. UKVI contact details can be found at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

This email is intended for the addressee(s) only. All messages sent and received by the Foreign & Commonwealth Office may be monitored in line with relevant UK legislation
available at https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... on-charter"

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:23 pm

The email you received is generic and it is usually sent after you have attended your biometrics or sometimes they don't so be patient.

Dila87
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Dila87 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:52 pm

I received two that is why it concern me, with two reference numbers one with GWF and last one with VAF! would that mean anything. not sure if this happened to others!
i only seen everyone receiving one when CA picked up and last one when decision has been made!

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:21 pm

It’s generic like I said. VAF is Visa application for which is issued by the home office while the GWF is generated by the ACCESS GOV. I have seen tons of this emails stop getting worried.

Dila87
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Dila87 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:15 pm

Many Thanks Todmatt.