ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME HELP

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Flpguilherme
Newly Registered
Brazil

EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME HELP

Post by Flpguilherme » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:32 pm

Hey guys,

I hope you can help me;

I’m eu national and have been in the UK for over 4 years, and I got pre-status 3 months ago.
I got a job in Dublin a month ago but I’m returning to Edinburgh at least once per week.
I been told that I could apply for settle status instead of pre status.
From the gov website:
“ If you start work or self-employment in another EU country
If you’re an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen you can get settled status if you start work or self-employment in another EU country and you both:

have lived and worked or been self-employed in the UK continuously for 3 years beforehand
usually return to your UK home once a week
If you’re the family member of an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen at the time they start work or self-employment in another EU country you may also be eligible for settled status.”

My question is regarding what documents do i need to provide? Is there a minimum of weeks that I should wait before applying? As I just got this job a month ago i’m not sure if i could apply that early.

I’d appreciate if someone could help me!
Thank you

kamoe
European Union

Re: EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME HELP

Post by kamoe » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:58 pm

Flpguilherme wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:32 pm
I been told that I could apply for settle status instead of pre status.
From the gov website:
“ If you start work or self-employment in another EU country
If you’re an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen you can get settled status if you start work or self-employment in another EU country and you both:

have lived and worked or been self-employed in the UK continuously for 3 years beforehand
usually return to your UK home once a week
If you’re the family member of an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen at the time they start work or self-employment in another EU country you may also be eligible for settled status.”
This seems to be in line with the available information, and as such, you could indeed be eligible to Settled Status.
My question is regarding what documents do i need to provide?
Well, whatever proves the two points above (3+ years of UK continuous residence, and return to the UK once a week).

Your 3+ years would be automatically confirmed with your NINO information at the time of application, so you can focus on showing proof of frequent travel.
Is there a minimum of weeks that I should wait before applying? As I just got this job a month ago i’m not sure if i could apply that early.
The best answer in this cases is, your personal experience. The application is free, so you have nothing to lose, and as long as you feel you have good proof of the above, nothing stopping you from applying.

You might need to get in touch with the resolution center, as it might be not obvious why you are applying again after obtaining Pre-Settled Status but before completing 5 years in the UK.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:44 am

I was just thinking that, obviously you also have to provide proof of your employment in Ireland. It is reasonable to think that at the very least a month's paysip is required. In other applications (e.g. EEA Residence Cards and cards for Qualified Persons) three payslips are requested to prove a stable employment, so you might want to wait a bit. That being said, it is really up to you and your personal circumstances as to when you feel your case looks strong.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Flpguilherme
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Flpguilherme » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:42 am

Great guys, thanks for your help! I contacted the home office but they seen to not have any knowledge of this kind of application.