ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Few question before apply citizenship next month

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

inspired2020
England

Few question before apply citizenship next month

Post by inspired2020 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:26 pm

Hi everyone !

Thanks for looking into my query !
Background : 5 years residency = Tier 1 Entrepreneur. A year on ILR.
My one year after ILR ending on 15th Dec (next month). So i am planning to apply on 16th dec.
Few of my questions are:

1. My indian passport expired few months ago. Does it matters or i need to renew it ?
2. Is there any checklist i can find on this form for all the documents i required before i apply ?
(Sorry i have no clue its only today i just stared looking around).
3. Do we get appointment for biomatrics within a week or something or there is a long wait ? if so can i book an appointment in advance eg this month or its only possible when i apply online next month?
4 last but not least : is it possible to apply for premium services or something as i want to visit India in January ?

Thanks very much ! Appreciate you help !

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Few question before apply citizenship next month

Post by aman90 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:59 pm

1.Expired is fine

2. Start dummy application. Read pertinent guidances. Documents depend on individual circumstances apart from LIUK, English Lang, passports, BRP. Use google.

3. Possible. Appointments only available after payment and submission of online application.

4 No

inspired2020
England

Post by inspired2020 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:52 pm

Thanks very much Aman for quick reply !

inspired2020
England

Re: Few questions before applying citizenship next month

Post by inspired2020 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:45 pm

Few come questions Please...

1. For 5 years living proof Do i need to submit any extra documents or passport enough ? Just to mention my passport expired in Dec 2018. Do i need to submit any extra documents to cover this one year or something ?
2. Valid National ID : Wondering what it could be? I am an Indian National.
3. There is question in the form : 'Have you ever Made Previous application UK or Abroad'
My previous application was ILR, SO do i need to provide details for this last application only or all the applications since i came to UK ?
Thank you !

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:08 pm

The date of application is the date you receive confirmation after you submit and pay for application (usually next day after submission)
The biometric appointment can be one month later or more, but it does not matter. You can travel abroad between the time you submitted application and the day of biometric appointment.
Available days vary greatly depending on the city. It seems that if you are prepared to travel across the country you can get appointment rather soon after applying.

1. I would say, given that your passport expired, it is clear that you could not be traveling abroad during that period, no?
If you have a clear document showing residence (like you worked and have p60/payslips) I would add them just in case. I would not bother with bank statements or utility bills - it seems they do not much like those for citizenship application.
The main concern is for them to be convinced that you were in the country physically at least 3/4 of the time..
2. Do you even have "national ID"? It is just one of the options to prove nationality/identity.
Passport (even expired) works equally well.
3. Lis all of them (till the best of your knowledge, no need to dig up all precise dates, application numbers, etc.)

inspired2020
England

Post by inspired2020 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:46 pm

Thanks for the quick response Obormot !

1. Of course its clear that I can't go out of country as passport is expired. I am a self employ so do i need account letter or something ?
2. I don't think if my country issue National ID. So No

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Few questions before applying citizenship next month

Post by aman90 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:32 pm

1.No
2. For EU nationals only who don’t need a passport to enter UK.
3.All an any immigration applications made within to and within UK. Not tourist applications made to visit UK.

inspired2020
England

Post by inspired2020 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:04 am

thank you

inspired2020
England

Post by inspired2020 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:58 am

Just Trying to fill online Form just to check what is required or information needed as suggested by I think Amar:
This is the list of Documents its showing after completing Application section on the form:
1. Expired Passport
2. Degree certificate
3. Proof of freedom: Passport and BRP
4. BRP card
5. Proof of living in the UK : Wonering if need to provide addional documents apart from passport
(expired in dec 2018). What else can i provide ?
6. Two Referee declarations
7. Recent Tax year a/c statement and HMRC tax reuturn as proof of self employed.

Are there any more supportive documents do i need to submit with my application or whatever mention
in this list are enough ?
Also
There is a question in form : 'Do you have a travel document' Does it means BRP Card ?

Thanks everyone for helping me out with my application. Much appreciated !

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:08 am

inspired2020 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:58 am
Just Trying to fill online Form just to check what is required or information needed as suggested by I think Amar:
This is the list of Documents its showing after completing Application section on the form:
1. Expired Passport
2. Degree certificate
3. Proof of freedom: Passport and BRP
4. BRP card
5. Proof of living in the UK : Wonering if need to provide addional documents apart from passport Nothing else. Just passport and if expired, evidence of residence from date of expiry, ie P60 or payslips.
(expired in dec 2018). What else can i provide ? Nothing else. Just passport and if expired, evidence of residence from date of expiry, ie P60 or payslips.
6. Two Referee declarations
7. Recent Tax year a/c statement and HMRC tax reuturn as proof of self employed.

Are there any more supportive documents do i need to submit with my application or whatever mention
in this list are enough ?
Also
There is a question in form : 'Do you have a travel document' Does it means BRP Card ? This refers to the document HO issues to refugees.

Thanks everyone for helping me out with my application. Much appreciated !
Only submit what is asked for. Don't submit what you think is important. It will simply cause confuse and ultimately disregarded.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

inspired2020
England

Post by inspired2020 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:39 am

Thanks a lot for your reply CR001

But i am self employed not employed ?
Few more questions:
1. I just realized i was not in UK in Dec 2014 from 7th to 31st Dec. so i need to wait till new year before i
apply ? As My 1 year on ILR ending on 16th dec and was planning to apply on next day.
2. I was out of country 3 times in last 5 years. Does it matters ? It was never more than a month each
time.
3. Does it make any difference if Biomatric appointment is booked in Croydon and pay a fee than other
center . I mean in terms of processing time ? Nearest to me is Nottingham though.
4. Referee form : Can i get them signed before submitting the application ?
First one : Any nationality but professional. ( Can i use my accountant ?)
Second one : Any profession but British passport holder over 25 years of age. Is that right ?
5. Tax office Reference Number : (one of the questions in the form) Does it mean UTR no ?
(I am a self employed)
6. If i submit all the documents online and in case i missed any. Do they tell you at the time of the
appointment ?
thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:19 am

1. Yes, you will have to wait till January.

2. No issue.

3. It makes NO difference where you enrol your biometrics on how long you wait for your application to be processed. UKCVAS is only a third party agent and NOT home office staff.

4. Yes. Yes to accountant as long as he is registered accountant with the relevant regulatory body/authority. Your second referee simply needs to be British and over 25 and of good character, even if they are unemployed.

5. Yes your UTR number.

6. UKCVAS will not tell you if you missed anything. It is your responsibility to upload the required documents. UKCVAS are only a third party agent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

inspired2020
England

Post by inspired2020 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:08 pm

Thanks very much its so helpful.
As i am self employed so what documents i can show to cover my last one year since my passport expired in Dec 2018 ?

inspired2020
England

Post by inspired2020 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:49 pm

I have another question to ask please
Do my kids and wife needs to wait for 1 year after ILR like me before they apply for British Citizenship or can apply straight away after ILR ?
They completing their 5 year end of this month and apply for ILR by first week of Jan 2020.
I got My ILR last Year Dec 2018 and applying for BC next month . Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:54 pm

They can only apply for citizenship as soon as they get ilr IF you are British at that point, ie have received approval AND attended your ceremony. And if your wife meets all the requirements to apply based on 3 years residence spouse of BC
Char (CR001 not Casa)

inspired2020
England

Post by inspired2020 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:53 am

Can they appy for ILR for now and apply for BC as soon i got my BC sorted ?
Or is it possible to apply for Nationality without applying for ILR ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:06 pm

Can they appy for ILR for now and apply for BC as soon i got my BC sorted ?
They can apply for ilr when they meet the reqyirements, which according to your posts is not right now. Yes, if your spouse has ilr and meets all the 3 year residence requirement to apply as spouse of British citizen, assuming you are British at that point.
Or is it possible to apply for Nationality without applying for ILR ?
No. ILR is mandatory.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

inspired2020
England

Post by inspired2020 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:28 pm

thank you !
Do i need to mention even my self employed jobs i done in past under 'Additional Employment Details' or only where i was employed ?
For example i am doing 2 jobs on self employed basis at the moment. one is my main job and second is part time.
As i can see on the form that under Additional Employment Details , it only asking for employer name and employer address. so that mean we only need mention if we worked as employee ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:52 pm

inspired2020 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:28 pm
thank you !
Do i need to mention even my self employed jobs i done in past under 'Additional Employment Details' or only where i was employed ?
For example i am doing 2 jobs on self employed basis at the moment. one is my main job and second is part time.
As i can see on the form that under Additional Employment Details , it only asking for employer name and employer address. so that mean we only need mention if we worked as employee ?
The form clearly asks for ALL employment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

inspired2020
England

Post by inspired2020 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:15 pm

Thank you. i know was a silly question :D .
wondering what could be the proof i need to show As a self employed to cover my last 1 year since my passport is expired in dec 2018 ? Obviously its clear that if passport is expired you can't travel anyway.
But still if there anything i need to show ?

inspired2020
England

Post by inspired2020 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:18 pm

what could be the proof i need to show As a self employed to cover my last 1 year residency, since my passport is expired in dec 2018 ? Obviously its clear that if passport is expired you can't travel anyway.
But still if there anything if i need to show ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:35 am

Have you taken the time to actually read the form AN guidance?? Page 31.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ooklet.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)

inspired2020
England

Post by inspired2020 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:01 am

Thanks for your reply !
yes i am aware of account statement and recent tax return. can we use it to show my last one year residency as well? i thought this is only to show self employment .
so you mean i don't need to show any other document ? thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:57 am

Council tax and tenancy agreement
Char (CR001 not Casa)

inspired2020
England

Post by inspired2020 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:59 pm

Thanks very much :D