ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will I get one?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rockhall

Will I get one?

Post by rockhall » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:21 pm

I have a UK MSc in Engineering & Technology. Can anybody tell based on their experience or ideas whether or not I will be able to get a work permit from a UK company?
They fail to realise we are nothing in this world! we can disappear in a split second.

iamwhoever

Post by iamwhoever » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:07 pm

In your field, I don't think it will be too hard. It's just figuring out the steps.

I would check out the UKBA website. There is the Tier 1 (post-study) option and the Tier 1 (general). The post-study option will give you permission to remain and find a job, especially as an engineering graduate through the SEGS. However, you will be expected to transfer to another Tier 1 permit as soon as you are able.

I don't know much about the post-study option, but I'm sure someone on here does. If you have work experience and have enough points for the Tier 1 (general), I would try to go for that. That is just my opinion since you will eventually have to switch over anyway. However, someone more knowledgeable may see it differently. The Tier 1 (general) consists of the Highly Skilled and Sponsor Skilled options. The former allowing you to go to the UK without a job offer. However, you will have to show funds to support yourself.

I would suggest checking out the site below. Also, there are the forums for the Tier 1 (post-study) and the Tier 1 (general). You may find those more beneficial, especially once you have more specific questions.

UKBA: http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/

Best of luck!
Cheers!

rockhall

Post by rockhall » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:48 am

Thank your that information, I will do some good research
They fail to realise we are nothing in this world! we can disappear in a split second.