ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP after Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sanzlovz
India

BRP after Citizenship

Post by sanzlovz » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:30 pm

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I attended my British citizenship ceremony and received naturalization certificate.

I have been advised to send back the BRP to a given address as a next step.

However, I'm going abroad in 10 days time and I understand I would not have the time to get the British Passport for me to travel. So I was planning to use my Indian passport for it and use the BRP to enter the UK on this occasion.

Once I return, I'd be able to get the British passport and surrender my Indian passport and BRP respectively.

Please can you advise what should I do?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: BRP after Citizenship

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:16 pm

You were advised in your other topic to delay your ceremony till AFTER your travel when you have returned to the UK.

british-citizenship/passport-applicatio ... l#p1822636

You have to rerun to brp within 5 days. It has been superceded now and no longer valid.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sanzlovz
India

Re: BRP after Citizenship

Post by sanzlovz » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:30 pm

Thanks CR001

I realise I made a mistake. What are my options now?

Thanks