ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

B1 life skills

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

markandebony
Newly Registered

FLR(M) - 1st extension - document checklist!

Post by markandebony » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:33 am

Hi

My wifes visa will expire April 2020. We need to apply for first extension. Is there a simple checklist of documents anywhere?

Which English language test will she need this time around?

She has been out of the UK visiting her family in Hong Kong so hopefully that will not have a negative impact

Thank You

markandebony
Newly Registered

B1 life skills

Post by markandebony » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:39 pm

My wife is about to do her first spiuse visa extension. Normally she should take the A2 test but a friend suggests taking the B1:life skills test which means she i covered later for ILR.

How long is the B1 test valid for? Can this be an acceptable route?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: B1 life skills

Post by seagul » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:01 pm

markandebony wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:39 pm
My wife is about to do her first spiuse visa extension. Normally she should take the A2 test but a friend suggests taking the B1:life skills test which means she i covered later for ILR.

How long is the B1 test valid for? Can this be an acceptable route?
Yes passing B1 is better than A2 as it will be reusable in future too.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.