ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

snooky
United Kingdom

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form

Post by snooky » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:54 am

mubashir1981 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:36 am
snooky wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:20 am
mubashir1981 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:31 pm
mubashir1981 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:42 pm

Thanks so do i have to pay double if there r two primary carer refused ?
Really appreciate ur help. Can we go in court ouself or we really need ro get solicitor. Last question.
Hi mubashir1981

Hope you are crisp

You dont need a barrister as Topsibelle has said.

But legal works are very complex and to do Bundles are complicated. So you actually need a solicitor to sort that one for you.

On the day of Court too, considering meeting a bully Respondent's barrister who is there to convince a Judge with law of precedents that you have no knowledge about. That is a bit dangerous.

Remember you’re all there to sell yourself for the Judge to make a decision.

Think about it
Hi
I posted derivative card application 4th nov fee deduction next day. Still no letrer for biomatric or any acknowledgement letter. Do i need biomatric again even i had it in EU Settlement Scheme application?
If yes how long it take to get biomatric letter.
mubashir1981

Good hearing you have applied for your derivative right. As your child is british under the nationality act section 1(4), the Home Office wouldnt mess you up. Should they refused you your EU EEA right under Patel vs SSHD, with "You have made no attempt to regularise your stay under british domestic immigration law", trust the Courts are going to allow your appeal; under Article 20 of TFEU section 15A 2006 regulations revised 2016 of the EEA Regulations.

The Home Office will within 2-3 weeks send to you your biomatric letter and after you have enrolled, another 2-3 for your Long COA under Appendix EU EEA REGULATION which gives you a right.

You will need a new biomatric again as the two routes co-exist and are difference rules but dependant on each other.

The EEA right is for your EU right and Settled status is UK's promise to acknowledge all persons with or had EEA EU rights under Appendix EU under the withdrawal agreement.

Relax you are going to get it. But I hope you send to them a lot of subsisting right letters from GP Dentist school to Show the child is dependant on you emotionally, financially and you guys are the only contacts these institutions have ever known and sole carers of a british child.

Regards

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:44 am

Good morning members

Just want to ask you a question?.

Has anyone ever read the NEW ZAMBRANO GUIDANCE UNDER EU SETTLMENT SCHEME published to the public on 1st August 2019.

I have done it severally and over and over again.

I think it is the cause of Why Zambrano application under eu settlment scheme is delayed. The cavets and Home Office heavy handed chess game can be seen from A-Z.

People with Zambrano derivative right before or about to or on Zambrano now, apart from Patel vs SSHD, there is another upper tribunal case to enforce Patel vs SSHD.

This is the case decision number ( Upper Tribunal
(Immigration and Asylum Chamber) Appeal Numbers: HU/09766/2018
EA/07683/2016)

If you’re Zambrano carers and none of the parents have no Leave them your Zambrano Under EEA REGULATIONS will succeed and would be allowed too under the EU Settlement Scheme.

But if one parent has leave under any category or has had leave before then there is going to be a
problem.

ANYWAY GOOD NEWS

It has been almost 3 weeks I appealed against Home Office decision for refusing to renew my Zambrano Under EEA.

My decision is in and 14 days has gone pass and they are not going to appeal. Remember I appealed against " You have made no attempt to regularise your stay under british domestic immigration law "

Now am Waiting for my card and has streanghtened my settled status application because Home Office can't use Patel vs SSHD to refuse me again.

Regards

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:06 pm

snooky wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:44 am
Good morning members

Has anyone ever read the NEW ZAMBRANO GUIDANCE UNDER EU SETTLMENT SCHEME published to the public on 1st August 2019.

I think it is the cause of Why Zambrano application under eu settlment scheme is delayed. The cavets and Home Office heavy handed chess game can be seen from A-Z.

People with Zambrano derivative right before or about to or on Zambrano now, apart from Patel vs SSHD, there is another upper tribunal case to enforce Patel vs SSHD.

EA/07683/2016)

If you’re Zambrano carers and none of the parents have no Leave them your Zambrano Under EEA REGULATIONS will succeed and would be allowed too under the EU Settlement Scheme.

But if one parent has leave under any category or has had leave before then there is going to be a
problem.

ANYWAY GOOD NEWS

It has been almost 3 weeks I appealed against Home Office decision for refusing to renew my Zambrano Under EEA.

My decision is in and 14 days has gone pass and they are not going to appeal. Remember I appealed against " You have made no attempt to regularise your stay under british domestic immigration law "

Now am Waiting for my card and has streanghtened my settled status application because Home Office can't use Patel vs SSHD to refuse me again.

Regards
Hi snooky
Thanks for update. Hope u get ur drc card soon. In my case both parents have no leave. Now its more than 3 months no decision has been made. I also dont understand why they r not giveing u settle status based on ur previous 5 year drv residence as topsilibi alreday got so why they r holding ur decision. May b paper application not on priority.

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:45 pm

mubashir1981 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:06 pm
snooky wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:44 am
Good morning members

EA/07683/2016)

problem.

ANYWAY GOOD NEWS

Regards
Hi snooky
Thanks for update. Hope u get ur drc card soon. In my case both parents have no leave. Now its more than 3 months no decision has been made. I also dont understand why they r not giveing u settle status based on ur previous 5 year drv residence as topsilibi alreday got so why they r holding ur decision. May b paper application not on priority.
My good friend

The answer is simple and shrouded in the law since 1st May 2019 when Zambrano was added to the withdrawal agreement Appendix EU.

Since the first caseworkers' guidance, the Home Office has revised policy upon policy due to Case Laws on Zambrano cases.

The good news is those who applied from first May are going to get away with so much because then the laws were flexible under Zambrano.

But since the Home Office made guidance on Derivative Right and Zambrano Right few months in between, the rules have been toughened.

Remember caseworkers are using
1. The main Caseworkers guidance
2. Derivative right to reside for chen and co
3. Family members of UK citizens (returning citizens)
4. Zambrano
Including the old EEA REGULATION to deal with especially Zambrano cases, it has become difficult.

The catch phrase is caseworkers should only give EU settled status only if at the time of someones Zambrano, was the british child compelled to leave the UK and EU. Called compulsion.

That is all about Patel vs SSHD, Harrison and chevis case. This home Office is going to enforce that.

My Court determination made mentioned and stressed that my appeal is allowed because both family has no Leave, then too I use to report to the Immigration under is96 and and again already been assess by the Home Office and section 55. Meaning to leave UK is compulsion because my british children would have to leave too.

Dont worry your case is a done deal and you will succeed because it similar to mine.

Peace

ruona

Post by ruona » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:13 pm

Hello everyone ,I have been following this forum.i just want to share my timeline.

Paper form send on 15/11/2019
Home office received 18/11/2019
No reply yet so far

My history
Had drc sept 2014 which suppose to expire Sept 2019
I change to 2.5 years residence card in 2017.
I applied online for EU settlement scheme, they sent me coa and after some weeks they sent me email that I need to use the paper form .so fingers cross.

Nyamebeye

Post by Nyamebeye » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:43 pm

@Snooky
problem.

Just to add.
My husband was given 2.5 yrs LTR just before I applied for my derivative residence card in Jan 2018. I was refused my DR card with the reason that my husband (father of child) will be able to look after the child if I was to leave the country indefinitely. I appealed in Nov 2018 and won the appeal in Dec 18. The judge ruled that my husband's status was precarious (was given under exceptional circumstances) and that he was not an exempt person. My husband also said in court that if I was to leave, he would come with me which meant our British child would be compelled to leave. The judge agreed and so was the HOPO.

Then in Jan 19, the HO appealed against the first-tier judge's decision stating that the test was compulsion and that it was opened to me to apply under Appendix FM route. This upper tribunal hearing was on 30th May 19. The Upper tribunal judge upheld the first-tier's decision stating that the father (my husband) has said he would not stay If I left the UK (and this went unchallenged at the first tier) so she asked the HO solicitor who would be looking after the child in the UK. The HO solicitor said nothing and the judge made her decision there and then. It was like 10 minutes.
I got my DR card in 9th July 2019. I will now be applying under the EUSS and will just attach both first-tier and upper tribunal judges decision to it to the section that asks about whether the British citizen would be compelled to leave the UK or EEA territory. It highlights clearly the financial, emotional and psychological dependency of our child on both of us not just one parent. It was a good one.

My only worry was that an application that should have cost me £65 ended up costing me abt £4000 :shock: because I had a solicitor for both hearings. It was quite a stressful period and I couldn't have coped well doing it myself.

N.B Just remember each case is different so it doesn't matter if the child's other parent has 2.5 yrs LTR. My husband has recently renewed his 2.5yrs and it went smoothly, got it in just a month.

In Patel's case, the father, Mr Patel Snr never verbally said he would leave with the son Mr Patel Jnr if he was asked to leave the UK. That was one highlight of the case.

Hope this helps.

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:00 pm

Nyamebeye wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:43 pm
@Snooky
problem.

Just to add.
My husband was given 2.5 yrs LTR just before I applied for my derivative residence card in Jan 2018. I was refused my DR card with the reason that my husband (father of child) will be able to look after the child if I was to leave the country indefinitely. I appealed in Nov 2018 and won the appeal in Dec 18. The judge ruled that my husband's status was precarious (was given under exceptional circumstances) and that he was not an exempt person. My husband also said in court that if I was to leave, he would come with me which meant our British child would be compelled to leave. The judge agreed and so was the HOPO.

Then in Jan 19, the HO appealed against the first-tier judge's decision stating that the test was compulsion and that it was opened to me to apply under Appendix FM route. This upper tribunal hearing was on 30th May 19. The Upper tribunal judge upheld the first-tier's decision stating that the father (my husband) has said he would not stay If I left the UK (and this went unchallenged at the first tier) so she asked the HO solicitor who would be looking after the child in the UK. The HO solicitor said nothing and the judge made her decision there and then. It was like 10 minutes.
I got my DR card in 9th July 2019. I will now be applying under the EU Settlement Scheme and will just attach both first-tier and upper tribunal judges decision to it to the section that asks about whether the British citizen would be compelled to leave the UK or EEA territory. It highlights clearly the financial, emotional and psychological dependency of our child on both of us not just one parent. It was a good one.

My only worry was that an application that should have cost me £65 ended up costing me abt £4000 :shock: because I had a solicitor for both hearings. It was quite a stressful period and I couldn't have coped well doing it myself.

N.B Just remember each case is different so it doesn't matter if the child's other parent has 2.5 yrs LTR. My husband has recently renewed his 2.5yrs and it went smoothly, got it in just a month.

In Patel's case, the father, Mr Patel Snr never verbally said he would leave with the son Mr Patel Jnr if he was asked to leave the UK. That was one highlight of the case.

Hope this helps.
OMG 4k is alot and its very unfair i think HO just want punishing the people who have over stay there visa.
How can they force to application where u get no right to work until its decided where against drv card u get right to work. I am realy worry about my drv application now. More than 2 weeks still no biomatric.
Thanks sharing for ur experience.

Billyosa
Ghana

Post by Billyosa » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:20 am

Hello my good people I have some good news to share with you. I called the resolution centre yesterday 19th November 2019, to request for our passports and was informed my wife and I have been granted a pre-settled status on Monday 18th 2019. So we should expect our documents by next week.
Timeline:
Got our DRC on 31/07/18
Submitted paper applications 1/09/19
Received: COA : 9/09/19
Got a call from my caseworker on 14/10/19 stating we only qualifies for pre-settle instead of settled status which I knew but I intentionally selected settled to see what happens so he needed my consent to change it before he can make a decision.
Got our pre-settled status on 18/11/19.

So now we hold both DRC and EU pre-settled status.

I encourage each one of you here to calm down, your good news is on the way... To God be the glory...

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:46 am

Billyosa wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:20 am
Hello my good people I have some good news to share with you. I called the resolution centre yesterday 19th November 2019, to request for our passports and was informed my wife and I have been granted a pre-settled status on Monday 18th 2019. So we should expect our documents by next week.
Timeline:
Got our DRC on 31/07/18
Got a call from my caseworker on 14/10/19 stating we only qualifies for pre-settle instead of settled status which I knew but I intentionally selected settled to see what happens so he needed my consent to change it before he can make a decision.

I encourage each one of you here to calm down, your good news is on the way... To God be the glory...
Thats great news many congratulations

Topsibelle

Post by Topsibelle » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:21 am

Billyosa wrote:
Timeline:
Got our DRC on 31/07/18

I'm so happy for you Billy. Congratulations to you and your wife. This is really positive news for everyone still waiting.

Hope16
Cameroon

Post by Hope16 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:43 am

Billyosa wrote:
Timeline:
Got our DRC on 31/07/18

That is good to hear and comforting to know that it is moving ..many many congratulations

Notjustok7
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Notjustok7 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:25 am

Hello Fam, I have good news to share...

Zambrano Application for parent of British child

Got Derivative residence card in May 2014
Derivative card expired May 2019

Zambrano settlement scheme Paper Application made 16/07/2019
Application received by HO 17/07/2019
Biometrics letter received 30/07/2019
Biometrics enrolled 02/08/2019
COA Received 18/08/2018
Settlement status received 20/11/2019

Finally I can put this drama behind and fudge ahead. Good luck to everyone, stay strong and be positive. I pray you all receive your good news soon. Amen

Billyosa
Ghana

Post by Billyosa » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:18 am

Notjustok7 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:25 am

COA Received 18/08/2018

Finally I can put this drama behind and fudge ahead. Good luck to everyone, stay strong and be positive. I pray you all receive your good news soon. Amen
Congrats Notjustok7... good news galore...

Billyosa
Ghana

Post by Billyosa » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:19 am

Hope16 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:43 am
Billyosa wrote:
Timeline:
Got our DRC on 31/07/18

That is good to hear and comforting to know that it is moving ..many many congratulations
Thanks Hope16.. wish you all well..

Billyosa
Ghana

Post by Billyosa » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:20 am

mubashir1981 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:46 am
Billyosa wrote:
Timeline:
Got our DRC on 31/07/18

Thats great news many congratulations
Thanks mubashir1981.. I wish you well..

Billyosa
Ghana

Post by Billyosa » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:22 am

Topsibelle wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:21 am
Billyosa wrote:
Timeline:
Got our DRC on 31/07/18

I'm so happy for you Billy. Congratulations to you and your wife. This is really positive news for everyone still waiting.
Many thanks Topsibelle.. your blessings are flowing over us all... God is good..

alana7
Grenada

Post by alana7 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:38 pm

Congrats Billyosa. Now I am feeling okay about my applications. My solicitor made a DRF1 application in September but we had a payment dispute then so he never told me till the biometrics came and I had already called to ask for an EU Settlement Scheme Zambrano application. I did the biometics and sent the Settlement scheme application and did the biometrics for that one as well. I got my CoA for the settlement scheme on Nov 6th. My solicitor texted me last Friday to say that the Home Office decision has come. I couldn't go to his office as I am in London and he is in Hertfordshire and he is court this week till Thursday so he said he will mail it to me. Not arrived yet but will keep you all updated. But I know now that DRF1 and Settlement scheme Zambrano can coexist in the Home Office because its European law and not UK domestic law in contrasting applications.

Prettymum
United Kingdom

Post by Prettymum » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:44 pm

Good evening house, a quick one, pls what is the name of the app used for passport/ ID verification on the phone... because there are so many I don't know which one to use.

Thank you

Hope16
Cameroon

Post by Hope16 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:08 pm

Notjustok7 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:25 am

COA Received 18/08/2018

Awwwww congratulations it’s a great week then 😘all glory to God

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:39 pm

alana7 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:38 pm
Congrats Billyosa. Now I am feeling okay about my applications. My solicitor made a DRF1 application in September but we had a payment dispute then so he never told me till the biometrics came and I had already called to ask for an EU Settlement Scheme Zambrano application. I did the biometics and sent the Settlement scheme application and did the biometrics for that one as well. I got my CoA for the settlement scheme on Nov 6th. My solicitor texted me last Friday to say that the Home Office decision has come. I couldn't go to his office as I am in London and he is in Hertfordshire and he is court this week till Thursday so he said he will mail it to me. Not arrived yet but will keep you all updated. But I know now that DRF1 and Settlement scheme Zambrano can coexist in the Home Office because its European law and not UK domestic law in contrasting applications.
Hi alan7
After ur payment deduction how long it took u to get biomatric and coa of u can tell plz. Mine like payment deduction on 5th nov and still no biomatric.
Thanks

Billyosa
Ghana

Post by Billyosa » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:18 pm

Prettymum wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:44 pm
Good evening house, a quick one, pls what is the name of the app used for passport/ ID verification on the phone... because there are so many I don't know which one to use.

Thank you
It is called EU Exit: ID Document check
It has a crown like the Queen's in a black circle background...

alana7
Grenada

Post by alana7 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:54 am

mubashir1981 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:39 pm
alana7 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:38 pm
Hi alan7
After ur payment deduction how long it took u to get biomatric and coa of u can tell plz. Mine like payment deduction on 5th nov and still no biomatric.
Thanks
My solicitor sent the DRF1 on August 29th and the biometric letter was dated September 24th so almost 4 weeks. Give it a bit more time. The payment I wouldn't know as I paid by postal money order.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:50 am

[quote=Billyosa post_id=1849737 time=1574227245 user_id=224130]
Timeline:
Got our DRC on 31/07/18

[/quote]

Oh well done and congrats Billyosa. All the best. I received my COA yesterday. But after reading some of the contributions on the thread, it seems I don't have much chance of getting anything via the EU settlement scheme.

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:13 am

nilemarques wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:50 am
Billyosa wrote:
Timeline:
Got our DRC on 31/07/18

Oh well done and congrats Billyosa. All the best. I received my COA yesterday. But after reading some of the contributions on the thread, it seems I don't have much chance of getting anything via the EU settlement scheme.
Hello Members

Just want to say congrats to every member who has been issued Zambrano and/or Settled Status or both.

We are all rejoicing with you every single day because your glory is giving us big Hope. Big ups

These success of your story especially last few days shows that the Home Office is listening to the Courts.

Thanks to all of you too who has taken the Home Office on through the Appeal process. Hadnt been you success wouldnt have come.

Long live Zambrano parents

Darasimidd
United Kingdom

Post by Darasimidd » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:33 am

Congratulations to everyone who recently got pre-settled or settled status