ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IRISH CITIZENSHIP FOR CHILDREN

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

frontliner
Newly Registered
Ireland

IRISH CITIZENSHIP FOR CHILDREN

Post by frontliner » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:37 am

I need your valuable advice in the following matter regarding citizenship. I am an Irish citizen and got my citizenship by naturalisation in June 2017. I got the citizenship by living in Ireland for more than 5 five by Exercising my EU/EEA treaty (British citizen) rights in Ireland. My British children were living with me in Ireland. But now this year I have been moved to Northern Ireland with my children. I want to apply for Irish citizenship for my children. Now my question is it possible for my children to accumulate the time spent in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland for Irish citizenship. If so, what is the time duration? Do they have to live in the State for 3 or five years? Please advise.
I look forward to your response.

Omad24
Afghanistan

Re: IRISH CITIZENSHIP FOR CHILDREN

Post by Omad24 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:01 pm

If they were living with you all this time then you can apply citizenship for them.

frontliner
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by frontliner » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:35 pm

Thank you for your reply. Could you please let me know that after how many years they can apply? Is it 3 or 5 years? For the spouse it is 3 years but I am not sure about the children. Please tell.

Omad24
Afghanistan

Post by Omad24 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:06 pm

frontliner wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:35 pm
Thank you for your reply. Could you please let me know that after how many years they can apply? Is it 3 or 5 years? For the spouse it is 3 years but I am not sure about the children. Please tell.
You lived in Ireland for 5 years and your children were living with you doing that time. Since they were with you in Ireland you they can now be naturalized. They filled the time requirements

Or am I Missing something