ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unable to attend ceremony-Implications ?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nre123
Ireland

Unable to attend ceremony-Implications ?

Post by Nre123 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:16 pm

Folks I have preplanned trip in december and wont be able to attend ceremony?

Any past experiences how are these cases handled and best approach ?

Pay amount but don't attend ceremony
Don't pay amount

What happens in both cases ? I am sure many would be in similar situation due to december surprise ceremony and already planned trips..

Nre123
Ireland

Re: Unable to attend ceremony-Implications ?

Post by Nre123 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:04 am

Anyone ? Thanks

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:28 am

Well you will need to pay nevertheless, so do it now.
When is your flight? And when are you flying back?

Once you receive your invitation, send them an email and say that you cannot make this one. They will arrange you to the next one.

If you are a visa national, you should bring your approval letter, flight itinerary and IRP card to re-entry visa office to get a re-entry visa. Otherwise you should be fine. Either way, remember to bring a copy of approval letter and show it to the immigration officer on your return.

Once you have a re-entry visa, you can post your IRP card and payments. This should ideally be done within the next week or so.

Nre123
Ireland

Post by Nre123 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:05 am

Just applied for reentry visa yesterday..had to do by post as they told me i had time to get it..travelling first week of dec.

frontliner
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by frontliner » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:30 pm

Nre123 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:16 pm

Don't pay amount

What happens in both cases ? I am sure many would be in similar situation due to december surprise ceremony and already planned trips..
I strongly suggest not to miss that opportunity at all. I tell you about myself. I received the invitation for the ceremony letter when I was abroad on holidays. It was only 4 days left to attend the ceremony. My friend to whom I asked to check our post in Ireland he WhatsApp that letter to me as I advised to open any letter from INIS especially brown colour one. As I was already British citizen therefore the urgency or demand to get citizenship was bit less. I therefore email them straight away telling my situation and especially mention the magical word that THE CIRCUMSTANCES ARE BEYOND MY CONTROL. I got a reply next day stating they will consider my for the next ceremony but don't guarantee that. However I got the invitation letter again for next ceremony which I attended and got naturalised.
Now come to real story, when my wife received the letter for ceremony she had to sit for her LLB LAW examination same time and same day. As she was not British or EU citizen therefore we preferred the ceremony over her LAW EXAMINATION, because she could not afford to miss that. I hope this will satisfy your query.

frontliner
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by frontliner » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:36 pm

Nre123 wrote:

Don't pay amount

One more piece of advise. As you mentioned that you did not know about the December ceremony therefore you booked the trip. But INIS did advertise about the detail and dates of scheduled ceremony in 2019 few months ago on their website.

Nre123
Ireland

Post by Nre123 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:28 pm

frontliner wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:36 pm
Nre123 wrote:

Don't pay amount

One more piece of advise. As you mentioned that you did not know about the December ceremony therefore you booked the trip. But INIS did advertise about the detail and dates of scheduled ceremony in 2019 few months ago on their website.
They advertised September ceremony which i would have attended!! Have applied for re-entry and would post 950 and IRP once i get it with cover letter saying cannot attend this ceremony