ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Summer holidays

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

frances2

Summer holidays

Post by frances2 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:45 am

I know this has probably been asked a million times before...... I've looked, but can't find the answer....... So here goes......

I recently married to a Jamaican. He arrived in the UK on a fiance visa. He has been granted FLR. I'm a UK citizen.

My question is - can we travel together to Europe - Spain, France, Italy etc without the need to apply for a Schengen visa?

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:57 am

He still needs a Schengen visa. :(
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:17 pm

benifa wrote:He still needs a Schengen visa. :(
...which should be issued free of charge by the embassy - though you might be asked to submit your passport and/or marriage certificate (I think you need to submit that anyway).

frances2

Post by frances2 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm

thank you for your speedy replies on the this sunny day.

More questions......

Which is the quickest to get? can you get this outside London ie Manchester?

I really fancy a few days in the South of France or maybe the Italian Riviera! LOL.

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:50 pm

You should apply at the embassy of the country you will enter first and/or spend the most time in.

e.g.
You will travel to Belgium, stay three days and then go to the Netherlands for another 3 days...you apply via the Belgian embassy.

You will travel to France, spend a day there, then travel to Spain for a week. Since Spain is your main destination, you apply via the Spanish embassy.

You are visiting many Schengen countries on a 30 day tour. You do not know how long you will spend in each country, but you will start in France. In this case, you should apply via the French embassy, as it is your first port of entry into the Schengen space.

The embassies will tell you where to send your application, i.e. normally you can only send it to the consulate nearest where you live (London, Manchester, etc).