ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tourist Visa - no family and friends in UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abhigauri
Newly Registered
India

UK Tourist Visa - no family and friends in UK

Post by abhigauri » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:27 am

Hello,

My uncle(he is retired now) wants to visit UK with his wife. Please note - He doesn’t have any friends or family there in UK.

Can you please let me know what documents he needs to submit to get UK tourist Visa please.

Thank you.

Regards,
Abhi

srsw

Re: UK Tourist Visa - no family and friends in UK

Post by srsw » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:54 am

Go through the requirements here:

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

abhigauri
Newly Registered
India

Post by abhigauri » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:45 pm

Thanks, but we have one confusion. Does he need to show hotel bookings and flight tickets with Visa application.

Few people are saying it is necessary and few people are saying it is not.

So, please advise in this.

Thanks,
Abhi

srsw

Post by srsw » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:32 pm

I don't think it's mandatory, however, you can provide a quote from a travel agency and insurance quote (you can get online) and hotel enquiry emails/quotes to show that you have done your research.

If you can afford to and fro tickets then it's even better, which you can always cancel if visa gets rejected but you may not get full amount.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

iwolga
United Kingdom

Post by iwolga » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:28 pm

Airline tickets - no requirement for UK visa. Even more do they say “don’t book before you get your visa otherwise you are risking”.

Book hotels that you can cancel.