ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application rejected as invalid

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

danawindsor
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Citizenship application rejected as invalid

Post by danawindsor » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:09 am

Hello,

Wondering if anyone is able to help with the below.

If the citizenship application is rejected as invalid because the biometrics have not been provided in time, does this impact any future applications?

Also, the gov.co.uk site states the below - can I please check that by 'Fee for handling and processing' they refer to the cost of £25 and not the full fee paid?

"Fee for handling and processing an application
You will not get a refund if your application is refused or withdrawn."

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship application rejected as invalid

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:11 am

does this impact any future applications?
No it does not. You do however have 45 days to enroll your biometrics at the UKCVAS centre.

Suggest you only apply when you qualify and are ready to apply.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

username112
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by username112 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:51 am

Hello,

Please see this screenshot from https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... april-2018

It states:
"If the full fee or biometric data is not provided, then the application will be rejected as invalid. The application will not be considered and the fee will be refunded less an administration fee of £25."

Does this mean the full fee of 1000-something pounds is refunded minus 25 if biometric data is not received? This conflicts with 'You will not get a refund if your application is refused or withdrawn'. Help please.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:13 am

username112 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:51 am
Hello,

Please see this screenshot from https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... april-2018

It states:
"If the full fee or biometric data is not provided, then the application will be rejected as invalid. The application will not be considered and the fee will be refunded less an administration fee of £25."

Does this mean the full fee of 1000-something pounds is refunded minus 25 if biometric data is not received? This conflicts with 'You will not get a refund if your application is refused or withdrawn'. Help please.
Refused or withdrawn is different to rejected as invalid, which is why there are two difference points about refund. There is no conflicting statement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

username112
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by username112 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:52 pm

Thanks!