ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstaying -good character

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

grenland7862

AN Naturalisation - What Documents required

Post by grenland7862 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:35 pm

Dear members,
I am applying Naturalisation with my wife and son, i would be grateful if seniors member clarify few queries:-

1- What supporting documents required for that application
2- I am self employed and got ILR via Entrepreneur route, so do i need to provide any business accounts or tax returns along the application.
3- What documents needed t0 proof we are resident for last 5 years?
4-10 year Employment- i am self employed for last 6 years and cant remember the exact date of previous 10 year employment history, can i provide employment information as per the best information i have as cabnt remember the exact dates.

5-Do we need to scan all pages of passport or only first page ?

looking forward to receive your response.

grenland7862

Re: AN Naturalisation - What Documents required

Post by grenland7862 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:10 pm

Could anyone please response to my queries

British Boy
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by British Boy » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:47 pm

grenland7862 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:35 pm
Dear members,
I am applying Naturalisation with my wife and son, i would be grateful if seniors member clarify few queries:-

1- What supporting documents required for that application
2- I am self employed and got ILR via Entrepreneur route, so do i need to provide any business accounts or tax returns along the application.
3- What documents needed t0 proof we are resident for last 5 years?
4-10 year Employment- i am self employed for last 6 years and cant remember the exact date of previous 10 year employment history, can i provide employment information as per the best information i have as cabnt remember the exact dates.

5-Do we need to scan all pages of passport or only first page ?

looking forward to receive your response.
I am not very familiar with your route, but run a dummy application online and see what documents it asks of you at the end of the application. My rule of thumb, after several same day and postal applications to the Home Office in different categories is to have as much documentation as possible. It might help to have these scanned ahead of time and the once you know for certain which ones to upload, you can then choose them.

For proof of residence, your international passport’s entry stamps are required. You can add HMRC documentation or payslips too if you have them. Every little helps.

For employment history, put in the best possible information you can, or get in touch with HMRC for tax summaries or something? I am not sure if they can provide that.

Hopefully, the more experienced members can provide more information. But better to be very well prepared

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:15 am

Take some time out to read up on the pertinent guidances, nationality + good character and run a dummy form. Nationality laws are separate from immigration laws. Limited documents are expected n required,

1- LIUK, ENG Lang, All passports, referee declarations, BRP.
2- Ur route to ILR is irrelevant to naturalisation.
If ur on ur company’s payroll, just state company’s PAYE ref number where it asks for tax ref on the form. If self employed then self assessments.
3- Passports, BRP
4-Yes
5-All pages

grenland7862

Post by grenland7862 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:46 pm

Thanks for answering my queries, as per your advice i run dummy form and that really helped .
could anyone clarify two more points please.

Have you previously made any UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?

My last application was for ILR, is this question asking details for that?

Proof of living in the UK for 5 years-Passports

I have two passports, previous one was expired, should i scan the pages of both passports?

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:35 pm

grenland7862 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:46 pm

Have you previously made any UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?

My last application was for ILR, is this question asking details for that?

Proof of living in the UK for 5 years-Passports

I have two passports, previous one was expired, should i scan the pages of both passports?
How did you enter UK? It’s impossible that the only immi app you’ve made is ILR. :roll:

Immigration applications are permits that allow you to live, work, study, use NHS for an extended period rather than visit for a short period.

Passport(s) that covers absences over a period of 5 years

grenland7862

Post by grenland7862 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:40 pm

Hi Thanks for your response.

I am filling online application and came across another query.

Have you previously made any other UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?

I put details of previous( ILR) application, however ho asking details of previous applications as well. I am in UK for last 12 years and cant remember all dates. can anyone please guide me, should i click no or provide details for all previous applications for last 12 years?

grenland7862

Overstaying -good character

Post by grenland7862 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:47 pm

Dear senior member,

I granted ILR in Sep 2018 under 5 years route.

I am applying naturalization and have one query.

In July 2009, My leave to remain application under tier 4 was refused with no right of appeal.My solicitor applied for right of appeal and HO responded in June 2010.HO haven't granted right of appeal, however they gave me opportunity to submit fresh application with right documents. I submitted fresh application in July 2010. In Aug 2010 HO served me with IS151A and advised me that i was overstayed. I explained HO that my 2nd application was in progress but HO enforcement department was unable to trace that information as they said that they couldn't find any pending application on my record .They served IS151A and asked to weekly sign in local police station.Next day they inform me that they found the details of my ongoing application but they advised me continue to sign in police station until i get decision on current application.
My 2nd application was successful and i was granted further leave to remain on 1st Sep 2010.I immediately rang HO Enforcement department and also fax the approval letter. HO enforcement advised me that everything cleared and no needed to sign in police station any more.Also they returned my passport.

Now the question is, would this effect on my good character requirement as i took all legal steps to regularise my stay and never had intentions to remain illegal?

I would be grateful if seniors members CR001 or Zimba advice me on this matter.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:18 pm

The requirement is to state all applications - if you don't have all details you should state the dates to the best of your recollection, to the nearest month should be ok.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

grenland7862

Re: Overstaying -good character

Post by grenland7862 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:54 pm

grenland7862 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:47 pm
Dear senior member,

I granted ILR in Sep 2018 under 5 years route.

I am applying naturalization and have one query.

In July 2009, My leave to remain application under tier 4 was refused with no right of appeal.My solicitor applied for right of appeal and HO responded in June 2010.HO haven't granted right of appeal, however they gave me opportunity to submit fresh application with right documents. I submitted fresh application in July 2010. In Aug 2010 HO served me with IS151A and advised me that i was overstayed. I explained HO that my 2nd application was in progress but HO enforcement department was unable to trace that information as they said that they couldn't find any pending application on my record .They served IS151A and asked to weekly sign in local police station.Next day they inform me that they found the details of my ongoing application but they advised me continue to sign in police station until i get decision on current application.
My 2nd application was successful and i was granted further leave to remain on 1st Sep 2010.I immediately rang HO Enforcement department and also fax the approval letter. HO enforcement advised me that everything cleared and no needed to sign in police station any more.Also they returned my passport.

Now the question is, would this effect on my good character requirement as i took all legal steps to regularise my stay and never had intentions to remain illegal?

I would be grateful if seniors members CR001 or Zimba advice me on this matter.

Can anyone please respond to my queries

grenland7862

Re: Overstaying -good character

Post by grenland7862 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:45 pm

still waiting,

i just need advice, should i wait until 10 years since i was given IS151A (8 months) before i apply naturalisation?