ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I’m spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Lind
Israel

Re: I’m spouse visa

Post by Lind » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:23 am

Hey,
Do I have to provide to our uk spouse visa application all my previous passport? (I’m the applicant).

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:09 pm

Lind wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:23 am
Hey,
Do I have to provide to our uk spouse visa application all my previous passport? (I’m the applicant).
Normally all application forms ask about previous expired/lost/stolen passports for which the necessary detail is needed to give. But vfs/tls/ukvcas centre might only need the current passport.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Lind
Israel

Post by Lind » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:53 am

And another question (sorry for the many).
I added my husband’s last name and got a new passport after this change.. in my letter and my husband’s letter (he is the sponser) And some of our friend, we all wrote my previous name.
Is that ok?
Or better to ask them to change it to my new name?
I’m going to add to my application a document from the government saying I changed my name.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:00 pm

Lind wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:53 am
I added my husband’s last name and got a new passport after this change.. in my letter and my husband’s letter (he is the sponser) And some of our friend, we all wrote my previous name.
Is that ok?
I’m going to add to my application a document from the government saying I changed my name.
With documentation showing Change of name should be no issues. Just a paragraph addressing it in your cover letter will suffice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:54 pm

Lind wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:53 am
Is that ok?
If it is a marriage name then marriage certificate is a sufficient proof. From now onward try to keep everything in your married name to keep things easier. Your BRP/visa vigenette will also be issued in your new name as in passport.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Lind
Israel

Post by Lind » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:13 am

Hey,
We are about to apply in the few next day, and have 2 more questions:
1. I just got my new passport after adding my husband’s surname. according to the Israeli law, the previous surname is also written in parentheses in the new passport for 7 years.. So, in example, it looks like that: John smith (Adams). How do I need to write my name in the application according to this?

2. In my ielts test I did a few months ago, the details of my previous passport written there. I know that probably there is no problem with the surname changing, but there wrote in the ID option in the form my previous passport number.
Because I got a new passport, I got a new passport number. Is it fine?

Many thanks.

Lind
Israel

Post by Lind » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:24 pm

Hey,
I did my biometric on 17.12.19.
I got a phone call from DHL and they will delivery my passport on Sunday.. but I didn’t get any email from TLS/anyone saying “ready to collect”/ “decision made”.
Even in the TLS website the status is still “application received by the DMC” which mean there is no decision yet.

Should I worry?
How I’m spouse to get my passport according to what I said above?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:39 am

Lind wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:22 pm
Hey,
I got my visa and I got it for 2 years and 10 months (and not 2.5 years as I thought). There is any sense?

And what about the extension? How long time before the expiration should I apply again?

Thanks
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:40 am

First visa of 33 months is normal. You can apply for the extension after 2.5 years.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.