ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reply letter from EU3 application please help

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

me_life
Newly Registered
Ireland

Reply letter from EU3 application please help

Post by me_life » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:11 am

hello every one,
last week I submitted my EU3 application form with all the documents attached.
Documents were:
P60 of EU nationals for 5 years
House agreement for last 5 years
work contract and letter from work for last 5 years
College letters
bills from last 5 yers
etc

Today I received a letter asking:
Letter from private medical insurance provider for EU citizen and
Letter from Department of Employment affairs and Letter from Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection with details of any benefit claims or stating that there were no claims (as applicable)

at the moment My husband (EU national) is doing his master degree and left his job only last month to focus on his repeat exam, We never claimed any kind of benefits and we both doing have full time job since 2014 and have sufficient savings.
so my question is Does he still need to apply for medical Insurance?
and how can we get this no claims letter from welfare?

we don't wanted to take a risk so applied for medical insurance just today, will this work?

Please help, I'm bit confuse

kupuser
Ireland

Re: Reply letter from EU3 application please help

Post by kupuser » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:23 pm

I think any period that is not covered by employment should be covered by;
1-study (with private insurance for both of you)
2-self-employment (with private insurance for both of you)
3-living with sufficient resources (with private insurance for both of you)

nojoyfrominis
United Kingdom

Post by nojoyfrominis » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:48 pm

Leaving job just before applying eu3 wasn’t a smart move especially when you did not take the insurance either staraightaway.
Neways when was the last salary received as generally the holidays due or any other variable pay due is paid after a month of leaving. You can show the last payslip as the leaving date rather than actual leaving date and explain few days without insurance as shopping around for best deal.
Good luck. If rest of your application is strong, they are more lenient with Eu 3 than eu1

me_life
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by me_life » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:08 am

Never realized medical insurance is nedded when he already enrolled in master degree and we have enough savings. Now I’m bit worried

nojoyfrominis
United Kingdom

Post by nojoyfrominis » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:14 am

Don’t worry just explain them and provide as many docs available as possible To make your application look strong.

me_life
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by me_life » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:45 am

Thankyou very much for your reply,
I’ve given one month to resubmit leftover documents so at the moment we are waiting for our comprehensive medical insurance letter and no claim welfare letter to arrive. I’m thinking to send out plane tickets and one family photo with his family.
Hope everything will be okay

me_life
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by me_life » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:51 am

nojoyfrominis wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:48 pm
Leaving job just before applying eu3 wasn’t a smart move especially when you did not take the insurance either staraightaway.
Neways when was the last salary received as generally the holidays due or any other variable pay due is paid after a month of leaving. You can show the last payslip as the leaving date rather than actual leaving date and explain few days without insurance as shopping around for best deal.
Good luck. If rest of your application is strong, they are more lenient with Eu 3 than eu1

He left his job on first week of Oct and was on holiday pay until 3rd week of October. So he has gap of around 40 days with no medical insurance. But he’s in college since 2016 doing his masters

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:12 am

me_life wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:08 am
Never realized medical insurance is nedded when he already enrolled in master degree and we have enough savings. Now I’m bit worried
If he left work to undertake a course related to his previous work, and you can demonstrate that this is the case, then a medical insurance will not be required.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

sidney13
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by sidney13 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:52 am

Hi can u please share how have u applied for no claims letter from. Dept of social welfare. Do we have to personally go and request a letter. And how long it takes for us to receive it.