ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can employer in india apply for Work Permit?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

prasad_clarion
Newly Registered

Can employer in india apply for Work Permit?

Post by prasad_clarion » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:33 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am working in India based software company. My client is in UK and he want me to come their for work. Duration is not fixed but it will be more than 4-5 months. My client (in UK) doesn't have time to process the WORK PERMIT. Can my current employer in India apply for work permit? Is yes how?

Regards,
- Prasad

prasad_clarion
Newly Registered

Post by prasad_clarion » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:04 am

please help.

Its very important for me :(

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:59 am

If the Indian company doesn't have a presence in the UK I don't see how they can apply.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

prasad_clarion
Newly Registered

Post by prasad_clarion » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:05 am

Thanks Wanderer.

yeah Indian company doesn't have presence in UK. But then what should they do when they want to send their employee at client's location (in UK) for some project?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:24 am

Business visa?

For a work permit there needs to be extensive advertising locally and in EU and good reasons why local candidates are not suitable.

I'm not very knowledgeable on this so don't take what I say unchallenged but I can't see how a WP is the appropriate solution here.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

prasad_clarion
Newly Registered

Post by prasad_clarion » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:45 am

Problem is, I am going for managing the project. Business VISA doesn't allow me to do that.

Lage IT Service provider companies in India very easily manage it. Their client don't apply for work permit. Service provider company arrange Work Permit for their employees. I want to know how do they do it.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:29 pm

Large IT service providers have presence in UK and one route they use is the Intra Company Transfer (ICT) where in the resident market labour test is not required. In essence, the employee is transferred to the UK office of the sponsoring company for a specific purpose and duration.

As already suggested, unless your company has presence in the UK, they cannot sponsor a WP (including ICT).

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

prasad_clarion
Newly Registered

Post by prasad_clarion » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:39 pm

Thanks for your response.

This is great place for Immegration doubts.

prat05
Newly Registered

Open up a company in UK

Post by prat05 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:49 pm

Hi Prasad, you may ask your company to open up its overseas office in the UK and then apply for your work permit. It would be easier for arranging the work permit that ways.

You can send me a private message to discuss this further if you want.

ci07jjs

Post by ci07jjs » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:03 pm

hsmp may be?