ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa for parents of tier 2 visa holder

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sidmoe
Newly Registered
India

Visitor visa for parents of tier 2 visa holder

Post by Sidmoe » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:11 pm

Hi community members,

I have recently been successfully granted a tier 2 general visa with my 2 dependents (wife and son). I plan to travel on the 7th of January next year.

I want to apply for my parents visit visa to the UK, do you think it's a good idea to do so before or after I land ? They are retired and can support themselves and are more than comfortable financially plus I will also be showing my financials and a letter stating I am responsible to take care of their accomodation and any expenses.

They don't have any adverse immigration history however they have recently been denied a visa for the US due to applying from Saudi Arabia while we are Indians who reside in the Middle East currently. The American visa officers indicated they are potential immigrants despite they applied stating they are visiting relatives.

Looking for advice and suggestions.

Thanks
Sidmoe

Sidmoe
Newly Registered
India

Re: Visitor visa for parents of tier 2 visa holder

Post by Sidmoe » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:52 pm

Hey guys

Any opinions on the above ?

It's obvious for me that it's better to do it later but wanted to know from admins and knowledgeable people about experiences and their insights.

Posted my query here because I am a tier 2, apologies if it's the wrong spot to do so.

Thanks

Sidmoe
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sidmoe » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:36 pm

Dear community members,

Can you please advise me on the above?

Thanks
Sidmoe

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:50 pm

Definitely it is not the correct time to apply for them now since you yourself haven't reached yet. Preferably apply when you get few payslips & bank statements and accomodation documents. Also they will have to prove social ties with back home such as property, savings, family, etc.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:10 pm

The only other option I can think of is to remove yourself(as a sponsor) from the equation.
You parents must apply stating that they will be taking care of their own expenses and show documentation on hotel bookings, finances etc...
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

iwolga
United Kingdom

Post by iwolga » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:06 pm

poper wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:10 pm
The only other option I can think of is to remove yourself(as a sponsor) from the equation.
You parents must apply stating that they will be taking care of their own expenses and show documentation on hotel bookings, finances etc...
There is a question in the online form asking a) purpose of the visit b) "do you have someone in UK?"
While the answer is "not yet", it can be rather dangerous to reply "No" in their case.

It is best to wait a bit and apply once the OP has the actual accommodation (I assume you plan to rent? or maybe it is made available by the company) and bank account (and a couple of month's salary going into this bank account).

From someone who just relocated to UK with her husband: there's sooo much hassle first few months that you would probably be better without guests (sorry for a personal comment).

Sidmoe
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sidmoe » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:56 pm

Thanks Poper and Iwolga, for your advice. Sounds like the logical thing to do.
Much appreciated.